Cleito no flavor

Status
Not open for further replies.

angie124

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2013
United Kingdom
It's my first coil. .4. I vaped 30ml Charlie's chalk dust very strong flavour then changed to cuttwood mega melons after a couple of draws which tastes good no flavour at all.
Surely the coil won't need changing yet. Or is it just does it ? Just a coincidence that it's gone after changing favours.
Shouldn't it last a bit longer than 30 ml of liquid. The vapour is still very good. Any ideas ?

Reactions: stols001

Brian_Miller

Unregistered Supplier
Mar 25, 2016
Atlanta, GA
www.mcpeliquids.com
I'm starting to have the same issue. I've been using the cleito for 3 months now (I have several of them) and they have been my favorite tank for flavor. Recently I feel like I'm getting dry hits every 3 or 4 pulls. Unscrewing the top cap results in some bubbling from the exposed cotton in the coil, and then the flavor is back for a few more puffs. This never used to happen so I'm wondering if Aspire is letting the quality of the cleito coils slide now that the Cleito 120 is on the market. Really hope this gets better with my next couple coils or I am going to have to look for a new go-to tank :-(

I have heard of people fixing a similar issue with the Uwell Crown by poking some very small holes into the cotton. I will give this a try today and report back if it helps.

Brian_Miller

Unregistered Supplier
Mar 25, 2016
Atlanta, GA
www.mcpeliquids.com
So, I've poked small holes into each of the three exposed pieces of cotton in my coil....surprisingly, I was only able to actually pierce the cotton on one of the three. So far this seems to have helped with the dry and flavorless hits, and my coil is not flooding nor is the tank leaking. Just thought I'd let y'all know.

4 Hours later, this coil is still working great. I will be doing this for all of my cleito coils going forward. Hope this helps!

Last edited:

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
Little late to the post but..this is for others that might have the issue with air lock. When cleaning the tank an o ring might have been switched and put back in upside down.. The one on the top cap is the one I am referring to. If you look at the o ring carefully you will notice the ridges on it. I think that may be the problem. I had the same issues with it just as you described... it wasn't till after I got rid of the tank that I found out this might be the issue. It drove me crazy. Can't be 100% sure (cause I no longer have it) but it's worth a try.. I'm thinking about getting another one now that I know this, because when working properly it's a great tank.

Brian_Miller

Unregistered Supplier
Mar 25, 2016
Atlanta, GA
www.mcpeliquids.com
Hey @Cosmic_Glaze

When I was having this issue I was working at a vape shop so we tried absolutely everything to fix it, o-ring inspections included. Eventually I gave up.

I have since moved on, and I picked up a Cleito 120. Works great, and they also make the expansion glass that the original Cleito had. I run my 120 at 50-60W (even though it recommends 120W) and it works beautifully.

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
Hey @Cosmic_Glaze

When I was having this issue I was working at a vape shop so we tried absolutely everything to fix it, o-ring inspections included. Eventually I gave up.

I have since moved on, and I picked up a Cleito 120. Works great, and they also make the expansion glass that the original Cleito had. I run my 120 at 50-60W (even though it recommends 120W) and it works beautifully.

That's good to know. I'm gonna avoid getting it again.
Was looking at the 120 but I really didn't want to burn through juice. I was wondering how the 120 worked with lower watts. The EXO is a no go for me due to the lack of adjustable airflow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brian_Miller

Unregistered Supplier
Mar 25, 2016
Atlanta, GA
www.mcpeliquids.com
Yeah I don't like to vape at over 60w, it gets too damn hot and just tears through juice (even though I don't have to pay for juice....thank you MCP E-Liquids :)

The cleito 120 works really (surprisingly) well at 50-60w (which, at 0.16ohm = ~3.00v).

I use a Sigelei 213, and I'll refill the 5mL tank about 2x per day, and my batteries will last me about 12 hours (I vape a LOT). Highly recommend this set up.

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
That's good to know. I'm gonna avoid getting it again.
Was looking at the 120 but I really didn't want to burn through juice. I was wondering how the 120 worked with lower watts. The EXO is a no go for me due to the lack of adjustable airflow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I actually like the exo they've got the airflow right even though it's not adjustable :)

numsquat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2015
Hey @Cosmic_GlazeI have since moved on, and I picked up a Cleito 120. Works great, and they also make the expansion glass that the original Cleito had. I run my 120 at 50-60W (even though it recommends 120W) and it works beautifully.
Never had the original but do have a couple 120's. i do the same wattage, 50-60w depending on the juice, mostly at 55w. I have gone higher but it looses flavor for me and a much hotter vape than I like.

The 120 also has the longest lasting coils I've experienced so far. I have a couple of of build decks for them coming on the slow boat from China. Will see how they compare to the factory builds.

Marybratti

Apr 23, 2017
Loosen the top cap slightly. Watch the coil bubble up. The Cleito has an air lock issue which causes flavor to drop. If that doesn't work, switch to a new coil...maybe it's just a bad coil you got there.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk
I was having same issue and did what you said and it worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread