www.huffandpuffers.com
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Multiple ID Company / Unregistered Supplier

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
They may in fact have issues, don't know.
But I do know that many folks do not use the proper draw technique of releasing the fire button 2 seconds before completing the draw. If one stops drawing at the same time they let off the fire button vapour is left in the chimney/coil. Over time, this condensates builds up and the devices appears to be "leaking" when in fact it is not. It might not be the whole issue here, but hoping it may help reduce the issue. Cheers.

Reactions: ShishkaBerry

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
What kind of juice do you use? I've been running two Cleitos between 34 and 39 watts since they came out once and the only time it leaked was when I shot 50/50 juice in really fast during a refill. I knew right away I'd have a problem. I haven't used less than 50/50 in them but if you use mostly PG then I wouldn't be surprised if you leak.

Also for what's it worth, I've tried Mech Sauce in a Cleito and they seem to be known for having thin juice. My guess is their listed ratio is the base before flavoring. Anyway, their juice doesn't leak in a Cleito but their 70 and 80 VG will spit in one. Their 90 and Max do not. After testing a lot of their juice in different VG and nic ratios, I've settled on 90/6 - go with Max/3 if you want a smoother vape.

Garnoch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2010
NYC
does this seem to be a very common issue with the cleito tanks? Is there any recommendations to help? They always seem to be leaking thru the afc even with new coils in running them at appropriate to max wattage.

I did a test for you this morning. I took some 90VG juice, refilled a tank really fast by shooting it in with a unicorn bottle and filled it right to the top (which I never do). Well, it leaked - fairly quickly too.

Brian_Miller

Unregistered Supplier
Mar 25, 2016
Atlanta, GA
www.mcpeliquids.com
I have 2 Cleitos (work in a vape shop and I get them super cheap :). I only use the 0.4 coil, as I had issues with the 0.2 spitting. I have recently been having issues with one of my tanks leaking through the air holes at the bottom. I always close the airflow when I screw the top cap back on after refilling, this occasionally helps, but sometimes does not. I have run 70/30 and 100%vg juice through them, neither seems to make a difference.

The oddest thing is that there is no pattern to the leaking. Occasionally it will happen when I've left my vape lying on its side (which is normal), but sometimes it will leak while sitting upright.

2 Guesses:
Poor seal on the o-rings at the base of the coils that I have been using.
Vapor condensation on the inside of the coil building up enough to begin dripping down to the base.

Both seem equally likely. Sorry I don't have a solution to offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread