Cleito

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all
I just got the aspire clerito yesterday, a big step up from the nautilus aspire…I'm using 0.4 and have it at 40 watts…I'm using 2 mg juice but the throat hit is way too much and I've been coughing with every hit. It's driving me crazy…what am I doing wrong??? I've been vaping for over 4 years and never have had this problem.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
Out of curiosity since idk how long you've been vaping, are you trying to mtl this tank? If you are that could be why, using a a .4 0hm coil for this might be why you chocke, as these are not made for the same style of vaping. Would you mind adding a bit more details? Like how long you've been vaping and what setup did you have before if any. 2mg is pretty low and what most people vape when doing sub 0hms i doubt a bit that's the problem but you never know

Reactions: Letitia

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I had the aspire cleto as my first tank and I could NOT get it to work for me. I just plain don't like DL inhales all that much. I can (slightly) handle it on my Nautilus 2 and the 0.7 heads, but even then I mostly adjusted wattage and airflow to make it a mouth to lung coil in any case... I started out at 12 watts on that tank (I believe I was using some ungodly low resistance coils that my son had.... I was coughing more than I did when smoking. As a new vaper I couldn't handle the intense clouds produced by what seemed like any wattage. It may be the sheer VOLUME of the vapor that's making you choke as 2 m.g. is pretty low, though you may need to go lower. I'd try the Nautilus 2 with the 0.7 head, if you haven't, as DL if you want to try to transition. Or, you could try lowering watts slightly, and adjusting airflow tighter so you aren't inhaling as much vapor, the only issue will be frequent refilling.

I just plain don't enjoy DL sub0hming very much at all, even when I did all those things to my cleto (wattage, airflow, etc) and was using lower nicotine, I didn't enjoy the vape, juice consumption seemed wasteful, not to mention battery life. I was very happy when I was recommended some MTL tanks, those with higher nicotine work better *for me*.

IDK if that's the "highest" resistance coil for the Cleto or not, but if it's not, you might want to try something with even more resistance if you are transitioning to a DL sub0hm approach.

I will say the Cleto's a great tank, easy operation, topfill that WILL NOT leak even if you threaten it, and easygoing to use and maintain. I liked the tank for what it was, but I am not a sub0ohm gal, and I tried multiple adjustments... Ended up giving it away...

Good luck with it!

Anna

I've been vaping for 5 years, I have a siglei spectrum and I was using the nautilus aspire 2 before I got the cleto…so, is it the .4 on the coil that might be making me choke? I should go lower? I'm still using the spectrum…some of these terms I don't understand…what is mtl with the tank and what does dl mean? Just not familiar with some of the terms here…I'm sticking with my nautilus 2 for now but seems like I'm burning through coils like crazy at 10 wats

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
No, you should go higher, if you can, on the Cleto. I looked and didn't see a higher resistance coil that the 0.4, but I didn't look super hard. I am not sure a higher resistance coil is available though. Generally, (though other factors play a role) the LOWER the resistance of the coil, the higher the vapor output (though wattage, airflow, and even types of juice play a role). If you can't get to non-choking status without making those adjustments (less air, less wattage, USUALLY equals less vape? But sometimes not enough to make it work?) this particular tank may not be for you. I doubt it's your nic level though what did you use in your Nautlius tank? Was it 2 m.g. or higher? If it was 2 m.g. I'd try some 0 mg nic juice to see if it's the vape that is making you choke, or the nicotine. But 2 m.g. is fairly low for DL sub0hm setups, or certainly in the range of many users.

By comparison, your Nautilus coils would have been 1.8 or 1.6 resistance. Anything below 1.0 resistance is considered sub0hming. Since these are prebuilt coils you can't really try TC to see if it evens out the vape for you. I'd try making some adjustments, but if you can't make it work I'd try a different setup, maybe something CLOSER to 1.0. The Nautilus 2 0.7 coil is a great coil, it offers good flavor and an excellent vape. Those coils should have come with your Nautilus 2 by the way, so you'd have greater tank size, but still be sub0hming, technically. It is a different kind of experience than the 1.8 or 1.6 coil, for sure, and you can DL it pretty easily without issues, I have found, especially by opening airflow and slightly higher wattages than I use for DL. You could try that coil to see how you like the vape, it would be a fairly inexpensive experiment, unless you've already used it? The 0.7 coil does burn through more juice, especially in that relatively small tank, so yeah, refilling can be a pain. You could vape lower than 10 watts on the Nautilus 2, if you are using the 1.8 coil, I run mine at 7 watts. Get plenty satisfactory vape.

The only other issue I could think of would be your PG/VG ratio. If you are running high PG in a sub0hm tank, the vape will be harsher and you may get more of a throat hit which may also make you choke. Many people sub0hming use 70 VG or higher.

If you are burning through coils, there are some factors to address there... Sub0hm tanks are created to last longer as they tend to use more juice, they are often more expensive as they last longer and are designed for high juice flow output. That being said, the 0.7 coil on the nautilus 2 lasted me about 9-10 days, which is decent. The 1.8 coils lasted about 5 days, but I have lots of gunking factors: I can't use PG, so I am at Max VG, when I used darker colors or more sweetener my coils burned out fairly fast. I DIY with less flavoring and that helps, I also often will add a bit of distilled water to thin the vape as I can't use PG as I have an inhaled sensitivity to it. Also I do reuse/recycle/rinse my coils for better life, as it's easy to do, and a second run gives me an additional 3--6 days depending. I simply soak in hot h2o overnight, then clean and rinse, leave outside to dry (I live in AZ, low humidity) and reuse once, to save on coil costs.

I bought a Kabuki V2 to use recently as I really enjoy the Nautilus 2 but was really hearing that it was the "best" MTL tank for flavor and I find it is, as well as not having to refill as much 3.0 juice capacity, Nautilus 2 AT BEST is about 1.7 ml due to the "fill line" and the airflow is different. I have a BVC Nautilus coil in there that came with it, and I can't get it to die. I've even tried coco (I have some new temp control coils I want to try) and the coil lives on. I know I could just switch it out but I'm curious to see how long it lasts.... But I was surprised by this outcome, and glad I got the Kabuki as it's similar to the Nautilus 2 and SO MUCH better, very adjustable airflow so you could certainly use a 0.7 coil in it I guess and have more airflow to get the sub0hm experience, as it were.... The originals aren't cheap, but the clones get decent reviews too and they ARE cheap, so it might be an experiment worth doing. I'm glad I got the original first though, I simply love it.

Good luck Cheri411. Sorry for the novel.

Anna

The only othe

Last edited:

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
.4 0hms to me is more of a restricted lung hit (or dtl) not as bad as it seems but ofc compared to something like @stols001 uses a sub 0hm setup produces much much more vapor than something like a nautilus 2 so you have to inhale a different way and sometimes adjust to cool the coils while you're firing the mod.

Mtl = mouth to lung which is the closest way to feel like you're smoking
Dtl = direct lung inhales which is what you do when using a sub 0hm tank/coil, i've seen this described as like when you're drinking through a straw, you inhale with your mouth and directly into your lungs. The harsh hits you're getting could be the coil overheating,flooding or you have burned it (can't really say since i'm not you) 3-6mg is pretty much standard for dtl vaping though so again i doubt it's the juice's fault (note that doing sub 0hm doubles the nic content upon inhales so instead of being 2 you're actually taking in 4mg inhales).
To be under "safe" usage for any tank it's always recommended to stay within the wattage the coils has written on it. The only thing i could add is maybe sub 0hm is not for you ? After all it's not for everyone, i do it because it satisfies me much more than any mtl setups,but not everyone needs to have alot of vapors to be satisfied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread