clone or lemo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pjump

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2015
York, UK
I recently bought a Squape R clone from fasttech,its ok but not what i was expecting, so i'm looking now to kinda move up in the rta world, I can't afford an original svoemesto, erlkonigen or taifun, but is it worth getting a clone of one of these? my clone experience so far hasn't really been amazing, obviously its hard to differentiate between it being the fact its a clone or that, heaven forfend, i just don't like the squape style.

So heres the rub, do i try another clone of one of these other styles as a cheap way of seeing if i prefer another RTA style, or do i just stick the money into an original like the Lemo 2 ?

I'm not certain of what i really want to be honest whether its dual coil i need for the flavour and clouds i'm not getting from my squape r or if its down to the build deck/airflow/chimney/whatever but the hit from the squape only satisfies if i pre-heat it for a second and only take a quick puff then. otherwise its low flavour dry throat hit.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
I do not think you can find difference in vapor production between clone and authentic. Leaking, shorts, bad threads - yes, it is possible. Good clone is a good thing.
You can try this one for just $9.95, free shipping:
Tobeco Kayfun 4 V4 RBA Rebuildable Atty
Tobeco clones are generally good. It looks like people from ECF approve this clone. I got mine a few days ago, still have not tried it.
As for Square clones, I doubt very much they exist. They are just look-alikes: parts that was made of ceramics in authentic thing are made from painted metal in "clones"

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I've not heard anything good about the squape r clone. The authentic is fantastic. Many of the clones of other attys are great, but there's a lot going on with the squape.
The lemo2 is really good, but if you want a great atty for a great price, look at the billow v2.

Reactions: SissySpike

jefsview

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 2, 2013
Crete, Il
I've not heard anything good about the squape r clone. The authentic is fantastic. Many of the clones of other attys are great, but there's a lot going on with the squape.
The lemo2 is really good, but if you want a great atty for a great price, look at the billow v2.

Some people prefer a single coil. While most of the newer RTAs look dandy, they are mostly dual coil systems. While I own and use 2 Orchid V4 clones, I still prefer running single coil RTAs.

The Aqua V2 clone happily runs in single coil, and a screw was provided to plug the second airhole in the atty base. As far as originals, it's either the Lemo series, or Subtank with RBA base. Wish there were more options.

dangkhoa02106

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2013
VIET NAM
I think you should spent money for a authentic tank and Lemo2 is a good guy.
If you prefer mouth to lung you can try Kayfun but if you want a direct lung inhale then Lemo2 is better, by the way you can adjust the air hole easily with Lemo2 than Kayfun. My friend's Lemo2 looks luxury than my clone Lemo Drop, I want Lemo2, i want Lemo2, I want Lemo2 :hubba:

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Clones can occasionally be hit or miss. There's been some well-publicized misses in the clone community. If you know what you're getting, and it's gotten good reviews, it should be worth trying.

If you're not sure, I would go for the Lemo. I own a V1 and a drop, and they really are well-done atomizers. Hard to beat at their price point (unless you want something more "extreme" like a Billow or a Goblin).

Rizzyking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2013
East Midlands, United Kingdom
Get an original lemo great tank, large capacity 5ml the one mistake they made with lemo2 for me dropping the capacity and it's just such an easy tank to work with very forgiving of build and wicking issues and for the price just can't go wrong I'd buy them over any clone all day long.

Reactions: kaahn

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
I say get the Lemo, as the real ones are priced in the clone range.

Clone vs Authentic is a ETHICAL question? Quality and expectations on the other hand is subjective. Are you sure your issue with the Squape has anything to do with being a clone or from Fastech. Might the issue be your expectations of performance and build?

I have ALL clones.. But I have friends who ONLY buy the real thing. Funny thing is my Fastech or Focalecig clones, Look the same as their stuff, works the same and builds the same. Sure some of the cheap stuff arrives, not in perfect form, needing a bit of fixing. Mostly cosmetic and finishing work, ie burrs, oils, ect. But then expensive stuff, sometimes is also imperfect.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
I definitely like single coil RTA. I do have Fogger V4 and hate it. But I like my Kayfun V4 and Taifun GT2 V2 clones from Fasttech (by Infinity and Hotcigs). Both can be rebuilt without emptying tank and filled without scrwdriver with about any bottle (Taifun can be filld even with wide mouth bottle, did it many times). I shall say both are still a bit leaking from airholes (about 2 drops daily) and I am still experimenting with wicking, but only once a week, so it will take a rather long time.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
I have both an authentic and a clone Erlk. They both work well. Some Erlk clones are better than others.

I had a very nice Taifun GT clone. I gave it to a new member though who needed an easy, reliable RTA to get started.

There are good clones out there, but you need to do your research.

There are some inexpensive authentic RTAs, too. For single coil, I can vouch for:

Lemo
HCigar HC Plus or their kayfun style that you can get from Vapenw. Both very nicely made.
UD Aga t5
Focloud. Build quality isn't the best, but it works fine and has good flavor. Can be single or dual.

So there are some choices out there that aren't clones. There are a lot more dual coil choices though.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
To be honest through my limited looking around I am interested in a dual coil RTA but havent seen any with good reviews yet.
The Billow, the Goblin, and the Orchid (on which platform both the Billow and the Goblin seem to have been designed around) are all pretty well thought of, and there are some excellent build videos out there for all three.

I wouldn't steer you away from dual coil, but just keep in mind that if you"re not very familiar with rebuilding, they sometimes take a little more patience and tweaking than a single coil RTA.

Reactions: Ryedan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread