Clone: Private 2 (Grand Vapor)

Discussion in 'APV Discussion' started by the4thpower3, Jul 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the4thpower3

the4thpower3 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

2. the4thpower3

OMG! Seriously?

On top of that VaporTekUsa is also getting the Grand Vapor M16 Sentinel clone as well.
    This is not the same as the Sentinel V3 - close, but no ribbing on the outer tubes.
    And I believe the tubes are stainless steel and brass - instead of aluminum.

Pre-order here M16 Grand Vapor Clone "Pre Order"

3. Thraizer

Thraizer Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

:facepalm: mustt resist!

4. FaceT1me

FaceT1me Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Damn it, I just preordered the private and now another one.

5. SeaTownLassy

SeaTownLassy Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

So....shiny....must....not...order. Wallet is ordering me to resist.

That's a beautiful mod...but dang, I'll overdraw my depleted bankmaccount if I order it now.

~Restita

6. Thraizer

Thraizer Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

screw it, I only live once and as long as I have my job I should be alright lol

7. cedric212

cedric212 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Already have too much mech clones on the way, will wait for FT to carry these... :D

8. the4thpower3

I'm still debating the M16 clone ...but it's only $25

I may hold out.
    I do believe the brass Chi_You clone is coming soon..........

9. the4thpower3

F* it I ordered the m16 too.

Maybe I can save some money before that brass Chi-You shows up.

10. thevyrus

thevyrus Senior Member ECF Veteran

I have a sentinel v3 clone from FT coming, 17 bucks free shipping, along with a k100 and kts flat top. But i am most excited for the sentinel. i wish i could preorder the m16 and private v2 as they are sexier than the sentinel in my opinion coupled with the better material, but i wont be in the states and on an island where shipping is ridiculous and they tax everything that comes in to whatever they wish. i hope the sentinel and the other two mods will keep me happy for the next 4 months while i'm away, then when i return FT should have the private and m16 on their site (*fingers crossed*) and i can celebrate with those two then!

11. tot31

tot31 Senior Member ECF Veteran

her is mine, I got this 2 weeks ago...Ir is not stainless steel, just aluminium and brass...the smallest battery that can be used is the 18490...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. manji1

manji1 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

How does the switch feel? Can you post pics of the contacts please? Did you try a button top 18350? Is the positive pin adjustable? Thanks for posting the pics. The device looks pretty good.

13. the4thpower3

Looks awesome :)
    I can hardly wait to get mine!

14. KaiksMcFly

KaiksMcFly Full Member

Is it worth it?

15. Radargh

Radargh Full Member Verified Member

I have the private too manji1 and an 18350 wont work as its to short for the longer outer sleeve. The privates firing pin is smaller than the sentinel clone and its also not a floating pin like the sentinel clone. The pin doesn't move at all and its roughly half the size of the sentinels contact area.BUT, The privates pin seems to be copper but I'm not 100% I also think the privates body is SS but again I'm not the best with metals so I'm not 100%. It's heavier than the obvious aluminum sentinel sleeves. The sentinal is on top, private on bottom. [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]
    I'll make my own post of the pros and cons sometime tonight in this same thread. Hope this helps.

16. tot31

The outer sleeve is definately made of aluminium and the inner tubes are combination of aluminium and btass...all of the contacts are made from brass...it is really lightweight with a soft button (pinky friendly) and it really worth the money...I am thinking of getting the Sentinel M16 clone which is only around $17 selling here to add to my mods collection.

17. Radargh

Radargh Full Member Verified Member

Shows how good I am with guessing metals :) Thanks tot31

18. the4thpower3

I'm a bit disappointed now. I guess you guys are right.
    Vaportekusa initially had it listed these 2 mods as stainless steel and brass.
    I swear hcigar (the manufacturer) had them listed the same.
    Now they changed the description to aluminum and brass.
    Still not bad for the price.
    Maybe I can get a cnc shop near me to make some stainless tubes for me.

19. tot31

yeah I am also looking for a machine shop that can make a SS tubing for me. Last night had a chance to play around with the original Private v2...oh boy...the material is SS, brass and copper and it can fit the 18350 battery but because of thee price I think I will stick to the clone.

20. the4thpower3

err. you're making me more upset. but you are right - I'm not forking out that much for a real one just for SS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.