Clone: Private 2 (Grand Vapor)

Status
Not open for further replies.

the4thpower3

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2010
Northern Virginia
My Vaportek one came with a little carrying pouch so it doesnt get scratched up easily. I really like the look of this mod. Ive been playing with clones and considering a REAL mech, and i might go with the private since i like the clone so much. My main issue here is one of the reasons i like it so much is how lightweight it is =(

Nice pic - is yours aluminum and brass? Looks all silver like. Makes me want a full stainless steel model.

volume control

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
Mass
Nice pic - is yours aluminum and brass? Looks all silver like. Makes me want a full stainless steel model.

It is alum and brass. Nice and lightweight. I dont know what the big deal is, just dont crank your 510s down and you wont strip the threads. Aluminum is lightweight and an excellent conductor

Socalvapster

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2010
Rosemead, California
Just got mine from fasttech today and other than arriving with some scuffs, it is a nice well built clone. It had alot of aluminum shavings inside so I just blew them out. I took my dremel with a polishing wheel and polished those scuffs out as well as the rest of the tubes with Flitz polish. I was worried the polishing would smudge the laser etching but it did fine. Came out really nice. This is my first telescoping mod so it's the only one that will fit my Panasonic CGR18650CH button high drains tops. The week before I purchased a brass Origin mod by Footoon and I gotta say this clone performs just as well. I haven't tested the voltage drop since I don't have one of those barrel volt meters but am curious what it is. I am using the Trident cone on it and that's another rba clone that is an exact copy of the real one that I've seen at a local B & M store. Now I'm waiting for the Sigeli all brass M16, V3, a real Bugua clone, and a ss and brass Chi you with Bugua design clone, Russian 91% rba tank to see how they perform. I am always careful with any mods when threading anything not to cross thread so with the aluminum 510 threads I'm just as careful. I notice the price dropped from $16 to $12. Either way it's well worth the cost. This will be my beater mod, a very nice looking one.

Last edited:

RawnGermy

Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
I'm in your head

terry w

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
Manchester UK

Jimi D.

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2010
Florida Keys
+1 on gold trident :)

probably get that before my chi clone and ss/brass/copper pv2
I have the original Trident. I'm not spending another 80+ bucks on the gold one. From the pics it looks pretty darn close. I wouldn't be surprised that the Chinese clone will have a better load. We will see soon :)

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
I guess I should have waited to buy mine from FastTech.
I got duped as well, thinking they were going to be stainless steel as it was originally listed on VaporTek.
So I got home from vacation and these were waiting for me :)
I still like them in aluminum. Although the concerns for damaged threads, scratches/scuffs etc are reasons I usually stay away from aluminum devices (of course now I own 4)...I guess I'll need to be a bit more careful with them.

So the Sentinel V3 clones I bought from VaporBreak were made by H-Cigar.
The M16 and Private V2 clones I ordered from VapotTekUsa don't seem to be made by H-Cigar: different packaging, different "satin" bags, threading is different, o-rings different, and the center pin is different. The SV3s have an H-cigar logo on the inside top of the button pin - the M16 and PV2 do not. The M16 and PV2 have GV logos on the tubes and the button (with a serial #). The logos are lightly etched on. The SV3 tubes are NOT interchangeable with the M16 since they are different threads. The PV2 ends (top cap and bottom cap) are press fitted onto the inner tube ends and cannot be removed.

I noticed the center positive pin on these ARE floating pins - they are just very tight inside the delrin. I pushed mine out and used a round file and lightly opened up the hole just enough for the pin to slide = float.

Sorry - Ifony pic.
grandvapor.jpg

If anyone wants more pics of anything specific let me know, I can take some more (although my "real" camera isn't much better than my iphone :oops:)

Nice setups. How did you get your octopus so shiny?

RawnGermy

Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
I'm in your head
LOL Same here also. I flipped out when I saw the copper :D Mine is boarding the plane to Papa :D

Also I ordered the 24k Trident from Fast Tech!
Can't wait for mine :drool:
My m16 is keeping me at bay right now:ohmy:
+1 on gold trident :)

probably get that before my chi clone and ss/brass/copper pv2
Your probably right :(
I have the original Trident. I'm not spending another 80+ bucks on the gold one. From the pics it looks pretty darn close. I wouldn't be surprised that the Chinese clone will have a better load. We will see soon :)
I'll be seeing for myself too haha....
Nice setups. How did you get your octopus so shiny?
Agreed

Unfortunately, my Private seems to have been Killed In Action. I attempted to address the throw length and untwisting issue by applying loc-tite to the fire button threads and screwed up the job. Now I can't get it back apart and the two parts have gotten chewed up from using pliers to try and separate them.

Sad panda :(

Usually you can heat up the parts and then loosen them up. Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread