Clone: Sentinel Mechanical Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

djslik

ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2013
CA
Just found out that the Brass M16 and Aluminum M16 on fasttech have different threads. I posted this question on their forums and someone who ordered both said the threads are completely different. Also apparently the brass M16 has a longer middle tube than the aluminum M16. I really wanted to buy both and use the brass top cap on the aluminum body.

djslik

ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2013
CA
Also I just got the brass M16 in today and noticed the firing pin/switch keeps loosening up on me. I try tightening it with my thumb and fingers, but I can only tighten so much before the firing pin/switch assembly spins against my fingers. Do you think I'll lose any conductivity by cutting a small slot on the firing pin so I can maybe torque the pin/switch assembly down more?

DDN79

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
Houston, TX
Just got one in last night and with a Protank all tightened down, I am not getting any kind of airflow. I have tried adjusting it several different ways and the only way I can get any airflow through the Protank is to loosen up the Mod. I have tried the Protank on my Lavatube with no problems and have tried other tanks on the Chintenal and you have to get it just right to have any kind of airflow. Any help would be appreciated.

sawtoothscream

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
United States
Received my all brass sent. v3 clone from Fast Tech, along with the V10, V5 (3 holes), and other crap. Now that I got a mech mod, I'm scared of going sub ohm :( I was so excited to try super low resistance dual coils 0.5 ohms, but I got scared of building it since I don't trust the cheap multi meter I got from harbor freight.

Damn thing is heavier than I thought! Its even heavier than a K100 I tried at a vape shop. I got the copper/brass/SS private v2 clone from Fast Tech on the way. Hopefully the caps will be compatible with each other.

mine was sketchy at first but now reads ohms good on everything but the protanks, idk why it wont work with them.

Jaseruckus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Chicago Area
The brass M16 takes to polishing really well. It looks really fancy now, feels more expensive than $16 haha. This would be a perfect mod if it had reverse threading. I hope fasttech comes out with a stainless version of this.

That's how I felt when I polished mine. Didn't think it would get the mirror polish look to it. A ss version would be great.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

ebhomepc

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2013
United Kingdom
This is mine m16 mix with v3 all polished up :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1379263286045.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379263286045.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 74

Pathogenius

ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
BC
I'm having fun with mine, shame about the airflow but it doesn't affect me as I got this mod for the dripper and its perfect even with the 18350...
ada2u8y6.jpg

They didn't have NoLox at the local Home Depot but I found something similar, so the threads are silent. Looking forward to torching the brass on the propane stove this winter!

Btw, hairspray can coat brass (no good for outer brass probably) but I see the carpenters use solid flakes dissolved in alcohol making a lacquer or something, maybe that's a solution, or rustoleum was suggested also

deviations

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
I'm having a problem with my M16. It seems my 18350 batteries are too short to properly fire. I have to tilt the mod at a certain angle and make sure the button is pressed in 100% and even then it only sometimes fires. Seems like it should be firing easier than this. Any tips? If I unscrew the button a little it makes contact better but then the ring at the bottom won't lock properly.

Also, I lost the spring the other day. Where can I get a replacement?

djslik

ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2013
CA
Get a magnet spacer or a button top battery and see if it helps, the magnet spacer will also help make sure you are not blocking off the vent holes on the middle tube in 18350 mode. You can get the spring at Home Depot or Lowes or Ace or anywhere that sells springs. Get one that fits and doesn't require too much compression force.

havoc1967

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2013
Colorado Springs
Yesterday at long last finally got my brass Sentinel clone, the Chentinel V3 ;) A little smaller than I expected, even in 18650 mode (the only batts I use). I love it! Very sturdy and solid, hits great. The only issue I have run into concerns the firing button working itself loose. That seems to be a common problem I gather. Some deal with it with tape, others with locktite. I saw how you could remove the bottom assembly, push the fire button and then tighten it down from the other side. Well I did and it worked. Well I have tightened it down as far as I can. The trigger is almost flush with the bottom which means I can't use the locking ring. Doesn't bother me though, actually prefer it that way. Doesn't seem to affect performance in any way either. Makes for harder push to fire but that doesn't bother me. That doesn't negatively affect the mod in any way does it? I can't see how it would, but that I would ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread