Clone: Sentinel Mechanical Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDUAres

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2012
Texas, USA & London, UK
I finally found the perfect topper for my V3! I have been a big fan of Protanks, and rebuilding the coils in them and rewicking them with P&C cotton yarn. But the Protanks I have both have a problem with my V3 in that they don't get any air draw at all through them when screwed into the 510 connection. I ended up having to use an EGO to 510 adapter, drill out some air holes, put a beauty cone - also with air holes drilled out, and enlarge the air holes in the base of the Protank's 510 threading. That worked and gave me some draw, but it had the top of my mech looking like a lightsaber with all the extra hardware. I even tried airflow adapter rings like I use in my Vamo, but no luck. The placement of the air holes in the Protank 510 threading did not like the connection of the V3.

But then I popped a PuriTank on the thing and WOW! Airflow, much greater tank capacity, and I am still using my custom built heads I use in my Protanks! I finally have this thing the way I wanted it.

Update: same time I got the PuriTank I also got a Davide tank. That is even better! The airflow on the PuriTank is miles above the Protank on the V3, but the Davide is even better still, and that is now my vape of choice on the V3, hands down.

Last edited:

Heavyrocker

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
Toronto,Canada
I'm having a problem with my M16. It seems my 18350 batteries are too short to properly fire. I have to tilt the mod at a certain angle and make sure the button is pressed in 100% and even then it only sometimes fires. Seems like it should be firing easier than this. Any tips? If I unscrew the button a little it makes contact better but then the ring at the bottom won't lock properly.

Also, I lost the spring the other day. Where can I get a replacement?

Just fill in the screw hole too make it longer.

I sawed a groove with an hack saw .

Now my pin sticks out above the plastic ring and its tight.

Last edited:

BDUAres

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2012
Texas, USA & London, UK
Could also do like I did on my V3 Sentinel clone and remove the locking ring, replace the firing pin, and cover it with a $3 brass 3/8 compression cap from Home Depot. Gave my a LOT more room in the firing button department, and I never have any missed fires. Also alot safer to be able to make 100% sure the button can't fire when I don't want it to.

Last edited:

Heavyrocker

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
Toronto,Canada
Could also do like I did on my V3 Sentinel clone and remove the locking ring, replace the firing pin, and cover it with a $3 brass 3/8 compression cap from Home Depot. Gave my a LOT more room in the firing button department, and I never have any missed fires. Also alot safer to be able to make 100% sure the button can't fire when I don't want it to.[/QUOTE

It would be sweet if it was a silver cap.

tot31

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2013
Malaysia
I have changed my Sentinel full brass switch from spring to magnets. Feels really soft, I want to order 2 more pieces to make it stiffer.

magnet_switch_zps8bc068be.jpg

tot31

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2013
Malaysia

chaze

Verified Member
Sep 24, 2012
Tampa, FL
Could one of you please post the weight (in grams) of your mod plus battery? I have the Aluminum M16 which is 102g in 350 mode and 123g in 650 mode. Looking for weight on the brass M16, Private V2, V3, etc. thanks in advance.

And for those that were talking about airflow, my M16 does not have any airflow channels cut into it. So I'm guessing the brass one doesn't either. Some vivis, iclear30s, etc won't work.

JayTater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
tampa fl
Could one of you please post the weight (in grams) of your mod plus battery? I have the Aluminum M16 which is 102g in 350 mode and 123g in 650 mode. Looking for weight on the brass M16, Private V2, V3, etc. thanks in advance.

And for those that were talking about airflow, my M16 does not have any airflow channels cut into it. So I'm guessing the brass one doesn't either. Some vivis, iclear30s, etc won't work.

Perfect candidate for a nice Genny. Top airflow ;)

Heavyrocker

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
Toronto,Canada
Will a 510 to 510 work? I can thread in but not all tanks. Most wont. Is it am adjustment between the floating pin and the fire button that will give me more threads to mount to? This me first mech mod.

You maybe able too get brass top cap from Fasstech,in the meantime did you try plumbers tape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread