Clone: Sentinel Mechanical Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmellYaLaterCigs

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2013
United States
Got one of these about 2 weeks ago, I was very happy at first but now I can't get it to fire?

I've tried 3-4 different tanks and 3-4 different batteries that all work on other mods but can't get my sentinel to fire.

I'm not very tech savy so I can't even begin to speculate what might be wrong. Are there any common problems like this that others have run into that might have a solution? I'd really like to get this one running as my other mod is on it's last leg as well so i'm very nervous i'll soon be without a mod before my replacements arrive from fasttech (who knows how long that will take)

any advice would be appreciated!

SmellYaLaterCigs

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2013
United States
Thank you for the suggestion Pathogenius! I have adjusted the firing pin to every possible length and sadly it's still not working.

My theory at this point is that the pin the tank attaches too has been pushed down and is no longer making connection with the carto. I'm now trying to figure out a way to raise it back up.

I will keep working on it and update with results. As always, if anyone has any more suggestions i'm happy to hear them.

mocha_jo1

Verified Member
Oct 20, 2013
California
Thank you for the suggestion Pathogenius! I have adjusted the firing pin to every possible length and sadly it's still not working.

My theory at this point is that the pin the tank attaches too has been pushed down and is no longer making connection with the carto. I'm now trying to figure out a way to raise it back up.

I will keep working on it and update with results. As always, if anyone has any more suggestions i'm happy to hear them.

Are the contacts dirty looking? If not, it's possible that the insulator for the top pin has been pushed downwards a bit. Try looking inside the top cap to see if it's sticking out at all.

SmellYaLaterCigs

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2013
United States
Are the contacts dirty looking? If not, it's possible that the insulator for the top pin has been pushed downwards a bit. Try looking inside the top cap to see if it's sticking out at all.

You are right, I just confirmed it's a problem with the top pin.

I went searching through my box of spare parts and found a carto that seemed to extend further at the bottom than what i'd been using. Put that carto in a tank, put it on my Sentinel and it hit like a champ!

I was hoping you could elaborate a little more about where the insulator on the top pin has been pushed down? I spent 20-30 mins with the top cap and couldn't figure out a way to push the pin higher? I'd really like to get the original cartos I was using to work again. I have a full supply of those cartos and only 1 of the random cartos that wants to work.

SmellYaLaterCigs

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2013
United States
Problem solved it seems.

I put in a fresh carto (identical to the ones that weren't working) and it works great in the sentinel. Odd that i tried 3 cartos earlier that all worked in an ego pen but wouldn't hit in my Sentinel even though they worked fine yesterday. Maybe the ego pen tainted them somehow though I have no idea how that might happen, i'm just relieved to have my Sentinel back.

Thanks for the advice everyone!

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
The Reef just off the Florida coast
Does HCigar make the sentinel v3 clone in all brass? I thought they just made the sentinel M16?

HCigar does not make anything. They wholesale things made by various manufacturers. (Sorry, pet peeve there.)

Does your local beer distributor make Budweiser? Is their Budweiser better than some other distributor's?

ExMarbRed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2011
Asotin, WA
Just wanted to thank everyone for posting their experiences with this mod.

My normal device is a SVD in 650 mode. I was looking for something I could throw in my pocket when the wife and I go riding on the motorcycle. Since it's a bar-hopper cruiser, I don't have anywhere to carry anything except my small jacket pockets and the SVD is just too big! Also wanted something a little more stout in case of drops etc.

This little mod fits the bill all the way around! I picked up one for me and one for the wife. I decided to go with the Aspire Nautilus tanks on both and ordered a couple stainless steel tanks for when we're riding.

I took a little time this weekend and put some patina on them and think they turned out pretty good.

Thanks again for all the posts, it really helped me find the exact mod I was looking for without breaking the bank! :)

(I put the kayfun on one just for the picture)
P1010961.jpg

P1010962.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread