Clone Versus Authentic Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caro123

Apr 11, 2015
Nova Scotia
well I guess I will speak on clones, I have only been vaping a few months. I bought a nautilaus mini because I heard it was great I could not get the darn thing to work , it leaked it spit it did everything but vape . I continued to use a little evod tank on my eleaf 20 watt Istick THEN one day I bought a new batch of coils and low and behold the nautilaus mini became a trooper I use it constantly.

my next purchase was a kayfun 4 I paid 57.00 dollars I didn't know it was a clone I didn't even realize clones existed -well problem is after I finally figured out how to make a coil and even had it glow a time or two and managed to flood the kayfun4 I am unable to get it back to even close to working is this because the gear is bad or because I am too new to even know what I am doing. had I known it was a clone I would not have bought it-why not-because if it wasn't working I would be pretty certain it is my inexperience and not the equipment. But then again I doubt I would put out a couple of hundred dollars for a piece of equipment I am too green to use. and last but not least I am way to inexperienced to recognize an authentic piece from the clone thing- still I do wish the fellow would have told me it was a clone-I guess all the buying and selling helps someone's economy and I suppose makes me a little wiser. The b&m stores near me carry very little equipment and how shall I know which companies sell genuine equipment and which just sell.

Fir3b1rd

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2014
well I guess I will speak on clones, I have only been Vaping a few months. I bought a nautilaus mini because I heard it was great I could not get the darn thing to work , it leaked it spit it did everything but vape . I continued to use a little evod tank on my eleaf 20 watt Istick THEN one day I bought a new batch of coils and low and behold the nautilaus mini became a trooper I use it constantly.

my next purchase was a kayfun 4 I paid 57.00 dollars I didn't know it was a clone I didn't even realize clones existed -well problem is after I finally figured out how to make a coil and even had it glow a time or two and managed to flood the kayfun4 I am unable to get it back to even close to working is this because the gear is bad or because I am too new to even know what I am doing. had I known it was a clone I would not have bought it-why not-because if it wasn't working I would be pretty certain it is my inexperience and not the equipment. But then again I doubt I would put out a couple of hundred dollars for a piece of equipment I am too green to use. and last but not least I am way to inexperienced to recognize an authentic piece from the real thing- still I do wish the fellow would have told me it was a clone-I guess all the buying and selling helps someone's economy.

nowadays b&ms are usually pretty good at doing a build for you and showing how they work. Kf4 can be very complicated for some new users. Might I suggest checking out a shop and seeing if they can help you. I know the ones by me charge, rather nominally (10$) but that could be the best money you spend on vaping.

Caro123

Apr 11, 2015
Nova Scotia
I live in Nova Scotia our shops are fairly small with not a large selection of equipment to chose from I guess it is buyer learn more I really just went in to buy kanthal and wicking to try to learn to build a coil and I expressed interest in testing juice I probably should have bought a dripper it would have allowed me to try making coils I didn't need anymore tanks. if I could get the base to fit together and stay accurate I could at least make a few more coils and see if I could hit the targeted ohm reading but at the moment it is not very reliable and fluctuates between saing 1.7 to 5 depending on how I wiggle things

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I live in Nova Scotia our shops are fairly small with not a large selection of equipment to chose from I guess it is buyer learn more I really just went in to buy kanthal and wicking to try to learn to build a coil and I expressed interest in testing juice I probably should have bought a dripper it would have allowed me to try making coils I didn't need anymore tanks. if I could get the base to fit together and stay accurate I could at least make a few more coils and see if I could hit the targeted ohm reading but at the moment it is not very reliable and fluctuates between saing 1.7 to 5 depending on how I wiggle things
You have to watch some YouTube videos. There's a lot of good videos on how to use the Kayfuns

doofy666

Dec 31, 2014
Wales, UK

ShelaghDB

Mar 9, 2015
Shel,
Are you wanting a Kayfun 4 or a Kayfun Lite? Seems like either would be dissapointing if you like the Kanger Subtank Mini; but maybe you didn't like the Subtank.

No I dont care for the Subtank Mini but prefer the Delta 2's I have.
I am not positive and would have to double check but i think its the Kayfun 4 i was told to get.

Guessing u might hav got the KBox on FT as I just picked one of those up to since it was priced so low. Got it yesterday. Not the best mod but fine as I already have another 4 full set ups but one mod is dying..so that brought me up to 4 again but I have my eyes on a full piece from the Greek Fellow, Leo, I think his name is, and/or a tank from the other one, Gus, but not unti I have mastered the ones I have and can then move on.

well I guess I will speak on clones, I have only been Vaping a few months. I bought a nautilaus mini because I heard it was great I could not get the darn thing to work , it leaked it spit it did everything but vape . I continued to use a little evod tank on my eleaf 20 watt Istick THEN one day I bought a new batch of coils and low and behold the nautilaus mini became a trooper I use it constantly.
my next purchase was a kayfun 4 I paid 57.00 dollars I didn't know it was a clone I didn't even realize clones existed -well problem is after I finally figured out how to make a coil and even had it glow a time or two and managed to flood the kayfun4 I am unable to get it back to even close to working is this because the gear is bad or because I am too new to even know what I am doing. had I known it was a clone I would not have bought it-why not-because if it wasn't working I would be pretty certain it is my inexperience and not the equipment. But then again I doubt I would put out a couple of hundred dollars for a piece of equipment I am too green to use. and last but not least I am way to inexperienced to recognize an authentic piece from the real thing- still I do wish the fellow would have told me it was a clone-I guess all the buying and selling helps someone's economy.

I soooo KNOW your story. I believe? You are new. I was too and EVERYONE sees you coming.
I will almost not shop in small/independant B + M Stores more than once now. AND only when I must.
I've come across a much higher percentage of honest sellers on Craigslist and other such sites that are rumoured to be full of thieves. :)
My experience was not good.
If I hadn't found FT when I did, I likely would have stopped vaping out of frustration. In fact I did for a few months after feeling taken advantage of every time i walked in a store.
Which only can happen when you are inexperienced and almost overwhelmed by so much to learn in the very beginning ( + never realizing there was an online community such as this one)
So i can only imagine your possible frustration.

on to your atty issue. I've heard good thong about both the tobeco and infinite.
however, if you like the Subtank odds are you wilL not like the kayfun...any kayfun.
might I suggest the lemo2, similar build, MUCHO more airflow and mucho more vapor production. Best part is its mucho more cheaper at 35$ vapordna has them in stock

no idea what vapordna is but assuming its an american store so no good for me, i am in Canada but I will look around
yes i have been hearing tons about both the lemo2 and the Goblin but thought the Lemo2 might be an easier one for one still mastering coils, yes?
BUT ok, I can imagine they rival the Kayfun clones but not possibly the actual Kayfun if its $200 and they are only $35?
If so, I will still try one if not eventualy both BUT if the Kayfun is still far superior..........Id be interested but only if a particular clone IS as close to 100% as possible.
IF i love it and am 100% positive i will love the authentic Kayfun enough that it will become my main one, I may not be wealthy but I would buy it but I wont without knowing I will love it as I have already bought too many things that i should never have had to purchase so I am pulling back somewhat
NOT sure its vapor production I am after unless yu mean that in the way of taste for I am not into clouds personally, only taste but find the subtank mini both too muted in flavour compared to the Delta
i like it. i use my 2 tanks but i dont love them...

For a Kayfun 4 clone, Tobeco, Infinite, HCigar or EHPro should work well, and let you know if you would like an authentic.

thanks will look them up---assuming i buy THOSE at a store and not on FT then?

Thanks for all of ur help..........I now have to buy 2 atty's, Lemo 2 and a Kafun clone :)

ShelaghDB

Mar 9, 2015
For a Kayfun 4 clone, Tobeco, Infinite, HCigar or EHPro should work well, and let you know if you would like an authentic.

I have 2 Kayfun V4's that are perfect, made by Tobeco. Got mine on eBay for $21.50 each. If you want to try these, I'd suggest the Tobeco one

Thanks, I didnt see the first comment until now and have tracked down a few so will decide in the morning which one to get.

Thx again

gigetto

ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2014
Italy
When i started vaping in Italy in 2012 all was a clone, ego kit were a clones of joyetech some shops sold the alips instead of the original elipse c and I remember that the Vivinova were clones too as the BCC that clones seemed original because they had the Batch on marking instead the original that was kanger and had no marks.....the results of this fine well made polycy is that nowadays nine ten of the vapers that started vaping are turned on tobacco cigarettes.

A lot of cheap but not cheaped sold things has destructurate the poor Italian market.

At this time the modder have not diminished the price, the sellers don't sell and the people who vaping don't buy expensive mod because.

Used stuff are excessively lost in money and used vaping object are not interesting if used.....

New tipology of well made chinese atomizers and mods are sold into right value and the expensive atomizer/box/Tubes disappeared from the top seller rate. Not only for the presence of clones

ShelaghDB

Mar 9, 2015
When i started vaping in Italy in 2012 all was a clone, ego kit were a clones of joyetech some shops sold the alips instead of the original elipse c and I remember that the Vivinova were clones too as the BCC that clones seemed original because they had the Batch on marking instead the original that was kanger and had no marks.....the results of this fine well made polycy is that nowadays nine ten of the vapers that started vaping are turned on tobacco cigarettes.

A lot of cheap but not cheaped sold things has destructurate the poor Italian market.

At this time the modder have not diminished the price, the sellers don't sell and the people who vaping don't buy expensive mod because.

Used stuff are excessively lost in money and used vaping object are not interesting if used.....

New tipology of well made chinese atomizers and mods are sold into right value and the expensive atomizer/box/Tubes disappeared from the top seller rate. Not only for the presence of clones

Thank you. Not sure if this is directed at my comment, being the last here OR just generally towards the thread.
Unfortunately I am having a hard time understanding it and assume u might have used Google Translate to convert, which if so, is often far from accurate but I guess the best that's out there nowadays?/!!

Perhaps someone more familiar with vaping terminology/slang can quickly summarize?

EDIT:

Is this suggesting that 9 out of 10 long term Vapers Vape tobacco tasting products only?

If so, I dont understand as I was a former 2+ pack a day Camel Light or Marlboro smoker, although I live in Toronto where you pay $13 + tax per package of them but cant imagine wanting to Vape a tobacco brand/taste?

In fact tried a few hits of one recently and pooh paw yucky do.....how awful :)

gigetto

ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2014
Italy
Thank you. Not sure if this is directed at my comment, being the last here OR just generally towards the thread.
Unfortunately I am having a hard time understanding it and assume u might have used Google Translate to convert, which if so, is often far from accurate but I guess the best that's out there nowadays?/!!

Perhaps someone more familiar with vaping terminology/slang can quickly summarize?

EDIT:

Is this suggesting that 9 out of 10 long term Vapers Vape tobacco tasting products only?

If so, I dont understand as I was a former 2+ pack a day Camel Light or Marlboro smoker, although I live in Toronto where you pay $13 + tax per package of them but cant imagine wanting to Vape a tobacco brand/taste?

I apologize for my uncorrect language but i'm not english language and i don't have translate with google.

The summary is that i intend clone of vaping objects ALL the objects that are inspired or clone to the original one object but at less price offers different and less qualitiy obvious. But here in Italy when the market increase a lot of sellers speculate with this offered less quality at a not affordable price at all and a lot of neovapers returned cigarettes smokers.

rbrylawski

Sir Rod - MOL
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2014
Tampa, FL

EDIT:

I'm one of those 9 out of 10 vapors who vape tobacco flavored juice, so maybe I can at least explain why I do. First and foremost, what tastes good to you, may taste awful to me and vice-versa. I know lot's of people who think Pesto is super tasty. I can't stand the taste of pesto. Is someone who likes the taste of Pesto wrong? Am I wrong for not liking the taste of Pesto? Of course not to both questions. We just like what our taste buds tell us tastes good. I have yet to find a nicotine juice that is vanilla, cookie, chocolate, fruit etc., flavored that tastes good to me. I have found a tobacco juice that does taste good to me. For me, it works and keeps me off the real things, which is after all what's most important.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I'm one of those 9 out of 10 vapors who vape tobacco flavored juice, so maybe I can at least explain why I do. First and foremost, what tastes good to you, may taste awful to me and vice-versa. I know lot's of people who think Pesto is super tasty. I can't stand the taste of pesto. Is someone who likes the taste of Pesto wrong? Am I wrong for not liking the taste of Pesto? Of course not to both questions. We just like what our taste buds tell us tastes good. I have yet to find a nicotine juice that is vanilla, cookie, chocolate, fruit etc., flavored that tastes good to me. I have found a tobacco juice that does taste good to me. For me, it works and keeps me off the real things, which is after all what's most important.
I only vape Tobacco flavors.

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
I sure like the dessert tobaccos, and suspect I may be getting something from them other than nicotine to combat the cig cravings. I like NT Virus, Wakonda, Radioactive and ACB. I also like Charlie Noble Sollier's Pointe.

Just ordered some of that Charlie Noble after reading this. I also like those NT flavors you mentioned (some are my ADV's), so I'm hoping my pallette is similar to yours and I'll like the Charlie Noble. Was glad to see free shipping on the $12.99 30 ml bottle as well.

-Sent via Tapatalk

Reactions: roxynoodle

ErnieKim

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2014
venice florida
I apologize for my uncorrect language but i'm not english language and i don't have translate with google.

The summary is that i intend clone of vaping objects ALL the objects that are inspired or clone to the original one object but at less price offers different and less qualitiy obvious. But here in Italy when the market increase a lot of sellers speculate with this offered less quality at a not affordable price at all and a lot of neovapers returned cigarettes smokers.

Let me see if I understand. Are you saying that stores/retailers in Italy sold cheap clones at high prices so people went back to smoking cigarettes?

gigetto

ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2014
Italy
Let me see if I understand. Are you saying that stores/retailers in Italy sold cheap clones at high prices so people went back to smoking cigarettes?

When i speak about clones i speak not only about mod clones, still ego cartom and clearomizer clones. They are all around the lot of stores that in italy where and they sold tons of ugly products overpriced and a lot of people IMHO turned get up smoking like before. I've had a phantom with plastic cup inside, i spent not too little....

Deadkaiser

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2015
Ok so i'm not a lawyer or expert so dont get to mad.... But this is what I dont get and i've seen tons of review say it.....

Intellectual thief v's fraud, Chinese produces often do both however recently i've seen a lot of people state saying that they don't mind intellectual thief so long as it is not fraudulent as well (ie coping a device and making a clone v's making it look physical 100% the same brand and all as and Authentic) I personally think that is rather hypocritical But each to there own......

I personally think these days Authentic produces are aware that they simply can not produce RTA at the same price point so the just decided to sell there goods like a premium limited addition item where the function capacity of the item is no longer the selling point but the item perceived value. imo even if for example the kayfun 4 Authentic producer bothered to make a mass produce product for all vapors I think he would still be having to sell them for say $60 instead of the $30 that the Cloners sell them for and I doubt there market share v's clones would increase dramatically. Thus it is a lot easier for him to release a limited number and then charge $200 to earn his bread and butter....

While cloning is completely unethical like all intellectual theft charging a few hundred for an RTA is also unethical the profit margin would be massive for SvoeMesto....... So yer imo neither is justifiable but I guess were all still around and happy SvoeMesto gets his bread butter + a bit more I hope, I get my Clone Kayfun 4 and china makes a dollar out of theft...

Reactions: stanleybb50
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread