Status
Not open for further replies.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
One person here told me he's never once bought a generic product, including medications. Good thing he doesn't have my insurance company or he might have died by now. Even if its life threatening they will deny it if its not generic.

Roxy you and I must have the same insurance plan. ;-)

gigetto

ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2014
Italy
Sorry but there is a string strident concept in that question.

People who said that they vape clones because original are expensive and they couldn't afford these instead the clones are democratic......

Boh i prefer to spend one time in an original instead of many times in clones that disintegrate marketplace of vaping.....or if i couldn't afford this i buy a well made chinese original one....

Exemples? Kayfun 5 is repleaceable from a Goblin UD or an Aspire Nautilus, same aroma, same vaporosity for example, a L box of modders like Zero from an inexpensive Istick. But Istick is no brand object, Zero clone is a symbol.

Cones are for those who want to appear but not to spend, not collegued whith vaping pleasure or vaping experience, only moda.

Reactions: katsu911

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Sorry but there is a string strident concept in that question.

People who said that they vape clones because original are expensive and they couldn't afford these instead the clones are democratic......

Boh i prefer to spend one time in an original instead of many times in clones that disintegrate marketplace of vaping.....or if i couldn't afford this i buy a well made chinese original one....

Exemples? Kayfun 5 is repleaceable from a Goblin UD or an Aspire Nautilus, same aroma, same vaporosity for example, a L box of modders like Zero from an inexpensive Istick. But Istick is no brand object, Zero clone is a symbol.

Cones are for those who want to appear but not to spend, not collegued whith vaping pleasure or vaping experience, only moda.
What?????.....

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
He's saying people who buy clones want the status symbol of a high end authentic without paying for it, and should buy cheap authentics instead. Others here have expressed that same sentiment. I'm guessing that's true for some people. I'm not one. As I said, I wouldn't care if it had clone stamped on it. Afterall, when I do buy one I try to buy non logoed.

And if you look at my posts you will see I always say if its a clone or authentic (or both as I have both of several attys, or did at one time).

It also doesn't really explain why some will buy a clone Cthulhu for $13 when the authentic is $23. A Cthulhu is not a status symbol to begin with.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Yes i want to say that a clone in my honest opinion is only a status cheap, there are a lot of originals in the market that compete in vaping pleasure but are originals chinese made, well made, not expensive and releable, but the people want status.
People buy clones because they are cheaper. That is the only reason.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
People buy clones because they love knockoffs. That's one other reason.
People who Vape that buy clones do so to save money and not over pay. We don't care about what is stamped on them. It's just to buy a good atty that works great without wasting money. That is all...

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA
I think I see it all differently from a lot of folks. There is no moral component to cloning or from buying those clones. This isn't a work of art claimed by another; it is a machine sold by rival businesses. If someone invents something novel they can patent it. If the inventor doesn't want to patent it, that's his choice. His choice then gives me the choice to purchase a clone.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
I think I see it all differently from a lot of folks. There is no moral component to cloning or from buying those clones. This isn't a work of art claimed by another; it is a machine sold by rival businesses. If someone invents something novel they can patent it. If the inventor doesn't want to patent it, that's his choice. His choice then gives me the choice to purchase a clone.

What's a patent worth in China? Ultimately the consumer drives the market and the crime...

albcig

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2012
tirana
i don't support clones for the sake of it. i buy clones to try new expensive gear. but then i find myself enjoying the clone which works perfectly. it's not my fault. i'm no knight in shining armor on a quest to bring back honor to the world. i just want to have a nice vape. if it's cheaper and it works, thats a win win for me

Reactions: ricks

ThatGuyIvory

Jul 23, 2015
Warsaw, Poland
Throwing in my 3 cents I do believe there's a plenty of authentics on the market that are simply not worth the money. They're charging you over $100 just because it's made in USA and is labeled an authentic.
It's not like clones are always worse. Hell, I remember when I started vaping I picked up a Kayfun Lite clone. It was cloned to the point it had the exact same issues as the authentic device. Yes, back in the day it was a piece of really innovate hardware and probably affected the vaping market for good. Though If I'd had to make the choice again - I'd go with the clone without a single moment of doubt.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not some "much expensive, so authentic" clone-defender. If a piece of hardware really is something new and groundbreaking I can empty my pockets on it instead of the clone just because it's something innovate and I believe it's simply fair to give some credit to whoever came up with it AND have the pleasure of owning an authentic device. On the other hand, charging $90 for a simple 3-post atty without AFC is simply ridiculous, especially if you can get HQ clone for 1/3rd of this price that performs EXACTLY the same.

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA
What's a patent worth in China? Ultimately the consumer drives the market and the crime...

For consumers in USA, the infringing clone is seized at the border. For the consumer in China, nothing.

Take a look at yellow multimeters. You can't buy one that's not a genuine Fluke in the U.S. anymore due to trade dress. They did what they needed to do to make sure their yellow "look" was protected. It's a color. If these so called genius inventors cared enough about what they produce to obtain legal protection, of course I would honor that protection.

If they don't care enough neither do I.

Last edited:

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
For consumers in USA, the infringing clone is seized at the border. For the consumer in China, nothing.

Really? Since when does CBP open and inspect every package from China? How do so many B&Ms and online shops sell 'clone'/ counterfeits if they are seized at the border?

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA
Really? Since when does CBP open and inspect every package from China? How do so many B&Ms and online shops sell 'clone'/ counterfeits if they are seized at the border?

Yeah, really. None of this crap is protected. CBP has no jurisdiction to seize any of it. The inventors can't be bothered to protect any of it

Again, check out yellow China clone multimeters as one example. Try to buy one.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
Yeah, really. None of this crap is protected. CBP has no jurisdiction to seize any of it. The inventors can't be bothered to protect any of it

Again, check out yellow China clone multimeters as one example. Try to buy one.

You don't really seem to understand that a patent/trademark/copyright is worthless when it comes to crime. SvoeMesto is trademarked; most people on here have fake Kayfuns, not Svoemesto Kayfuns...

Reactions: katsu911

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA
You don't really seem to understand that a patent/trademark/copyright is worthless when it comes to crime. SvoeMesto is trademarked; most people on here have fake Kayfuns...

I do understand that customs will absolutely seize infringing products if the original manufacturer cares enough to enforce its rights. If svoemesto does indeed hold a valid US trademark on that name, one letter to CBP would stop infringing shipments at the border. I know you don't believe it actually happens but I know for a fact that it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread