Status
Not open for further replies.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
People who Vape that buy clones do so to save money and not over pay. We don't care about what is stamped on them. It's just to buy a good atty that works great without wasting money. That is all...

Could not say it better of agree more . if an atty works well the way I want to vape I don't care if the item cost $4 or $50.

I don't give a .... what if looks like or the name on. First last and always it is the taste first and vaping experience second, and doeznt leak third. Those are important to me.

ronnbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2014
Sawmills, NC, USA
Where did you find them,

I have looked on eBay, and four smoke shops around Tucson and have never seen a clone without a logo.
Well first off, smoke shops have very limited selections, but I can understand you going there if you have no local vape store.

Look up EHPro, they have quite a few attys that are unbranded, such as the LB, TOBH, and even some authentics such as the Mr. Owl. I like the quality that comes out of EHPro. It is the main company that my store sells, though we are carrying more and more authentics.

CasketWeaver

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Decatur, IL 62521
I say, spend your money on what the hell you want to spend your money on. There are a few atty's in my arsenal that I'm kicking myself in the face for purchasing - not because of price - but because of quality out of the door. The most expensive device(s) I have in my arsenal right now are the Fallout Mods Mutant and Cerberus. Both were in the excess of 100 dollars - around 400 when I bought them together - and the quality of both were impeccable, however, they both have design flaws as well. The Cerbeus center post (triangle style build area) cant be tightened past a certain point which leads to spinning, poor screws, and very tiny holes in the build area. The Mutant had minimal issues with the exception of the piss poor positive pin design and the top cap is now stuck on it. And in comes my copper Fat Snow Wolf clone - hits harder than a truck full of bricks with its complete copper body and gold plated pins. Another device in which I spent an excess of 100 bucks on was the ÆtherTech Plumeveil v1.5 - 135 dollars and the machining was piss poor at best. I agree with RiP Trippers on the whole "Someone really .... the bed with this one..." comment, as the threads were terrible - the tolerances of the barrel, build deck, and O-rings attached to the atty weren't even REMARKABLY close. And the funniest thing - it wasn't a clone - it was an authentic which I purchased directly from the manufacturer. Do I need to mention my old V3Flip and it's non-stop hot switching issue and micro arcing issue when firing at or below .15 Ohms? How about the Trident v2 and the Mephisto atty's that came with a busted ... O-rings on the build deck and both of those were 100 dollars or more?

Not all devices and atty's are made the same. Some clones perform just as well if not better than their "authentic" counterparts. Look at the Manhattan / Fuhattan nonsense. I'm not saying that clone companies are good in what they do, nor am I saying gouge the masses for their money. If a clone company clones a product, then I agree with everyone elses comments - remove the label / logo of the original manufacturer. Other than that - clone away. Because there isn't a device (especially on the mech side) that is innovative or "changed" in how long?

The overall bottom line is why pay premium prices if the quality of the product is piss poor? Some of you may own some of the items mentioned above and have had no issues with them, but in all honesty - I have. I support both authentic manufacturers AND their cloned counterparts, but if I'm dumping my hard earned money on a product and it comes out to be complete .... - then so be it. If it doesn't come with spare parts to replace the defective or broken pieces already attached to it, then that just adds fuel to the fire when it comes to making a decision to buy clone or authentic.

Last edited:
Reactions: roxynoodle

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
Svoemesto trademarked it after two+ years and thousands of clones later. A little late. Actually, last I knew they were applying for one. I don't know if they have it yet or not.

Odd that still hasn't prevented Chinese counterfeit shops from making them for US vendors to sell...

Reactions: CasketWeaver

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Odd that still hasn't prevented Chinese counterfeit shops from making them for US vendors to sell...

Just curious, do you know at what point they received a trademark, and if any clones made after that point still are counterfeiting the logo? I don't, but I have no interest in their products so haven't bothered checking. Obviously there's bound to be old stock available.

Vapourart and others had no problem issuing cease and desist orders so clones had no logos. They were immediately pulled on FT, etc, and replaced with non logoed versions. I'm sure SM could do the same.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
"People buy clones because they are cheaper. That is the only reason."
Cba to quote, but this is wrong, in part anyway,
Clones are great for a trial run, I also buy clones when I can not find the bloody authentic...

"also, the same reason people buy stolen goods" - again, cba to quote, but what a comparison!...oh my gosh! :w00t:
The clones I buy work exactly like the authentics.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
The clones I buy work exactly like the authentics.

You're right ricks. American machinists want to be paid $100-200 an hour.

A machinists in China, India, etc would gladly work for $10 an hour when the average pay was $30 a month.

Some American designers design and build the prototype then have the authentic made in China, Viet Nam, India etc and don't try to rip a person's lungs out.

The American designers can cry the blues all they want but $60 -$115 is outrageous pricing for 1/3 of an ounce of Stainless steel

If my choice is paying $15 for a clone or $100 more for the authentic I don't have money to throw down a rat hole on a concept that only works on paper so I buy the clone. If it works FANTASTIC. If not take it apart wash it out and I have a gift for a vaping friend or someone who wants to try an RDA but doesn't have much money.

The people wanting me to feel bad for the Authentic builders. That is not going to happen it is called old fashioned greed.

Soooo folks talk to the hand because the ears aren't listening.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
Just curious, do you know at what point they received a trademark, and if any clones made after that point still are counterfeiting the logo? I don't, but I have no interest in their products so haven't bothered checking. Obviously there's bound to be old stock available.

Vapourart and others had no problem issuing cease and desist orders so clones had no logos. They were immediately pulled on FT, etc, and replaced with non logoed versions. I'm sure SM could do the same.

I looked it up once and posted it... Maybe in this thread...

CasketWeaver

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2014
Decatur, IL 62521
100-200 an hour - its absurd but look again at the Plumeveil 1.5 turd. It's not just US machinists though, it happens in the Phillipines too and their products usually come with hidden surprises - like metal shavings, dirt and grease. Yet they expect someone to pay 100+ for a half ... product. My advice to them is clean their .... and verify that their products are immaculate and function as promised.

Especially at the asking price of 100+. If I spend a Franklin on something, I not ONLY want it to be clean, but the threading better be on point, the screws better be on point, and any delrin, rubber, PEEK, etc better be free of defect and spare parts must come with it. I understand that stuff breaks, sure... but to charge consumers outrageous prices for half-... work or a shoddy / defective product is beyond me.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
Yeah, my Calix came with metal shavings all over it, and pieces of metal. Like it was never finish machined. And the tank was filled with sawdust :mad: I paid over $100 for that turd.

Ataman II and a few accessories, over $200. Machining is crap and he ripped me off not sending everything I bought. Told me "maybe we can discuss it when you buy something else.". Yeah, I'll never buy anything else.

High end stuff is not always worthy of that classification.

@stevegmu I can't find any proof SM has gotten a trademark (yet). But, they should, as should anyone who wants to protect their name and logo.

I know for a fact these companies have suceeded in stopping logoed clones:

Marquis with the Skeleton Key
Vapourart with Paps mechs and the Heron
Hana
V3Tronix
Taifun, although not sure why they haven't bothered with their v2 attys
Stattqualm
Ubertoot

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Yeah, my Calix came with metal shavings all over it, and pieces of metal. Like it was never finish machined. And the tank was filled with sawdust :mad: I paid over $100 for that turd.

Ataman II and a few accessories, over $200. Machining is crap and he ripped me off not sending everything I bought. Told me "maybe we can discuss it when you buy something else.". Yeah, I'll never buy anything else.

High end stuff is not always worthy of that classification.

@stevegmu I can't find any proof SM has gotten a trademark (yet). But, they should, as should anyone who wants to protect their name and logo.

I know for a fact these companies have suceeded in stopping logoed clones:

Marquis with the Skeleton Key
Vapourart with Paps mechs and the Heron
Hana
V3Tronix
Taifun, although not sure why they haven't bothered with their v2 attys
Stattqualm
Ubertoot
How do you like the Calix? I keep hoping they will clone it so I could try one.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
How do you like the Calix? I keep hoping they will clone it so I could try one.

I ended up trading it. I never really got past everything I had to do to get it to look decent so I would get angry just looking at it. And the deck was very difficult to work with. The screw are about 2mm long and have tiny heads. Very hard to trap your leads.

If you want a high end flavor atty, the Gus Phenomenon Lite is fantastic. It costs a little less, is also compact for what it holds, has juice control and is immaculately machined. I have two I love them so much.

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
Little late here,
I just received the Zephyrus (Styled) clearomizer from fastech.
The thing is...............the real Zephyrus.
Matched up to my friends $40.00 one bought at a local B&M , and my (styled) Zephyrus is identical.
Unit, markings, Box/case, and contents , exactly the same.

Many times an item is cloned, but I was informed that when production exceeds the manufactures demands, they sell them to retailers to be sold as (styled) or as a (clone) [[ which this word is less likely to be in the advertising of the said item.]]

Bottom line with my Zephyrus, for $16.00 it looks great, works great, vapes great.

I purchased an iStick 50 watt from fast tech, ( working great) BUT, when I received my iStick (Styled) 50 watt, It had different designing of the LED read out screen, ( actually better that it had larger font sizing )
Bottom line with this,,,,, ,It crashed on day 2 and is at this moment in shipment to Miami. (Fastech's return destination)

Buying a ( clone / styled ) is a shot in the dark.
Sometimes buying an authentic is a shot in the dark AND a shot in the wallet!!

Last edited:

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Little late here,
I just received the Zephyrus (Styled) clearomizer from fastech.
The thing is...............the real Zephyrus.
Matched up to my friends $40.00 one bought at a local B&M , and my (styled) Zephyrus is identical.
Unit, markings, Box/case, and contents , exactly the same.

Many times an item is cloned, but I was informed that when production exceeds the manufactures demands, they sell them to retailers to be sold as (styled) or as a (clone) [[ which this word is less likely to be in the advertising of the said item.]]

Bottom line with my Zephyrus, for $16.00 it looks great, works great, vapes great.

I purchased an iStick 50 watt from fast tech, ( working great) BUT, when I received my iStick (Styled) 50 watt, It had different designing of the LED read out screen, ( actually better that it had larger font sizing )
Bottom line with this,,,,, ,It crashed on day 2 and is at this moment in shipment to Miami. (Fastech's return destination)

Buying a ( clone / styled ) is a shot in the dark.
Sometimes buying an authentic is a shot in the dark AND a shot in the wallet!!

You got yourself a deal there I paid $29 for my Zephyrus clone.

It is double coil only option so I sold mine.

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
You got yourself a deal there I paid $29 for my Zephyrus clone.

It is double coil only option so I sold mine.

Haven't tried the stock coil, ( It is one beefy coil .)
But I built dual coils, [ 8 wrap / 26 ga. Kanthal / 2.5 ID ] ...It finished up a 3ohm build. Wicked it as the youtube video showed, ( carefully and not packed tight, with angle cuts on the wick ends )
And I have to say it has BIG airflow, BIG flavor, BIG clouds.
Running it between 35 - 45 watts.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
When excess stock is sold to FT, they will list it as authentic. They are very good about saying if its a clone (styled) or authentic. I would say you got a very nice clone if it was listed that way.

Although that is one of my beefs when they copy the box and everything. Too easy for unscrupulous people to try to pass them off as authentic. Twice I've gotten clones with copied boxes, but both were non logoed so it was moot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread