Clones... Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreMos90

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2014
Alberta
There are many manufacurers, some make bad quality clones, others make such a good copy you won't be able to tell it apart from the original.
They can cost less then 1/10 of the original price.

I don't see how that makes sense because the originals I see are like max $70 and I've never seen a clone for $7... Besides the MCV Panzer I've never seen a vape over a hunnit dolla dolla bill y'all ($100) haha

PapaGeno21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2013
RI
I have had real and clones and some clones are so good I've sold the real ones as a 200 dollar metal tube is a waste of cash when I can have the same thing for 40 bucks.

Some clones suck, you gotta research which of the many companies really nailed each particular clone. It varies mod to mod.

But yeah, I'm done buying the real thing.

shelzmike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2014
United States
Been wondering this myself. Responses makes sense and I think it would be great for someone like me who is curious about mods but is unsure if it is for them...this way, you can test it out to get the "feel" for it to see if it is worth pursuing yet without spending tons of cash on something they may not like. I think I am definitely gonna go with a Nemesis Mod soon as a dripper to see if I can really get into this thing..thanks for the post.

Mike

VapieDan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Flint, Michigan, United States
Why are there so many clones and what is the point? I haven't looked at them much because if I buy a vape it'll be an original... Are they good quality ? Are they significantly cheaper? What's the point and what's the story!? I don't know... I just see the word 'clone' and immediately move on.

1. Because many can't afford original inflated prices

2. Because pricing is manipulated by originals by deliberately shorting the market.

3. Price fixing is maintained by originals by limiting distribution to one or a select few sites that have agreed to no discounting.

4. Using the above to create a "Hype" of being hard to get.

Vicshalls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston, TX
go to vape rev they have a lot of orginals. Most are out of stock. Some orginals will hit a certain number on the serial number and then stop making them. Once that happens then you have to find an idividual to purchase from. I heard that the carvela will only go to 999 and then stop. I have no idea where they are at, but that is what i heard. 101 vape has a spot that has some high end ones as well on their site and clones too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread