Clones... Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrKiltYou

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2014
San Francisco, CA
Hopefully hcigar does this soon, makes their own design, and sells it for the low price.

While it is what I would call a clone I do believe that hcigar does a Copper Nemesis clone that is devoid of any logo's. Which is what I consider a clone vs a counterfeit.

MrKiltYou

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2014
San Francisco, CA

bsoplinger

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2010
Capitol District New York
Whether there's artwork on it or not, it's just as much a copy. The switch, the top cap with a pair of holes to adjust the airflow, the main tube with 1 extension for 18500 batteries and another for 18650 batteries, the lock ring, the fact that it's 22mm in diameter, etc.

Now aesthetically there's a difference and I'd be just as happy if my Nemeses clones came without but the cheap ones were only available with artwork when I made my purchases. But I'd have no illusion it was not a copy just because it lacked engraving.

Ideally I'd love to see a composite, say a Stingray switch (or GPaps), ie the best design choice possible, and a xxx top cap because it's the best choice and so on.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

principle

Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Prague
Clones... Why?

Because yesterday I lost $400 bux worth of mod and atomiser in the pub! From now on the originals will stay at home and the clones will go out drinking.

My first ever clone arrived last week, it was in fact this thread that inspired my to pick one up see what all the fuss was about. I have to say i was impressed by the clone. Funny thing is I went from kind of wanting a Nemesis to definitely wanting one after the clone arrived so i'll pick one up a real one at the next opportunity. I guess at that point the clone will simply be a fair use backup of the original ;)

:)

neutrontech

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2013
Michigan
Clones... Why?

Because yesterday I lost $400 bux worth of mod and atomiser in the pub! From now on the originals will stay at home and the clones will go out drinking.

My first ever clone arrived last week, it was in fact this thread that inspired my to pick one up see what all the fuss was about. I have to say i was impressed by the clone. Funny thing is I went from kind of wanting a Nemesis to definitely wanting one after the clone arrived so i'll pick one up a real one at the next opportunity. I guess at that point the clone will simply be a fair use backup of the original ;)

:)

That's too bad about losing it. Did you check with the people there to see if anyone found it?

You can tell a lot from a clone about the original. Form factor, size, etc. You may not be able to tell quality or how well it fires, but there is certainly a lot you can tell. I bought a magneto clone and decided to get an original, and bought a sentinel clone and decided I didn't want an original.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

blueGrassTubb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2014
The Bluegrass
That's too bad about losing it. Did you check with the people there to see if anyone found it?

You can tell a lot from a clone about the original. Form factor, size, etc. You may not be able to tell quality or how well it fires, but there is certainly a lot you can tell. I bought a magneto clone and decided to get an original, and bought a sentinel clone and decided I didn't want an original.

How dare you not buy a $200 item you were destined to not like, rather opting to buy an eeeeeeeeeeevul clone instead!! You have bereft yourself the opportunity to be bereft of cash!

You berefter!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
Not to mention that fact that for some, who are nutso whacko about this hobby, like me, but who nevertheless have an icicle's chance in hell of getting a new innovative mod when it is available.
Hell i don't even want a clone of the next best thing, if the orig. isn't perfect either.
I've gotten jaded after buying so many "good" mechs and then not using them because i didn't like this or that about them...

I don't know what to do with myself until the Gi2 clone comes out... oh yeah, there's all that copper

what i meant about a snow balls chance in hell is, have you noticed how hard it is to get the latest innovation? yeah, supply down, demand and price high. Even if I have the $ I can't hardly get them without staying up or home from work to try for one.

I've had to pay flippers prices for what I wanted (2 NB Nemes)...
The brass clones came out shortly after, and they perform as well; tested out a tad better in fact *.

I am hard on my mechs; I have 5 running every day, and when they need cleaning, or other maintenance, I can toss them in the bin for future maintenance and open a new one ($17 shipped) and get brand spanking new performance!
Thats 11 or 12 brass Neme's for the retail price of one... gad.
I kid you not; same performance ( tested with high tech equipment )

*jkuro chart - .02 vdrop on a .50 simulated load vs. .03 on a real one.
afaik the brass neme and brass sentinel clones are the highest clone performers.

principle

Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Prague

I would definatly in the future pick up a clone before hunting around for the original. I do like to buy original mods i simply think they're nicer to own just my opinion.

I'm with you on the sentinel I almost paid $200 bux for one luckily for me a friend has one and i hated the feel of it in my hand very happy i did not spend the money.

So there IMO is a good reason for a clone. As i can't check out these devices in person the clone will give me a good indication of whether i want to drop the $$$ or not.

neutrontech

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2013
Michigan
This thread is still going :?::p hah that's great

Yeah it's a debate that cannot be won because it isn't a matter of right and wrong. Well, not in a universally black and white sorta way.

Nothing wrong with expressing your beliefs, though. I respect everyone's beliefs, whether I agree or not.

bcameron

Verified Member
Feb 10, 2014
Canada
Hopefully HCigar does this soon, makes their own design, and sells it for the low price.

They just started to. Some really nice stuff. They came out with a mod that combines the best from various mods. It's called the Helmsmen, a 26650 mech. Around the same price as their clones. They also have an atty. Plus their mini modz box will now be branded Hcigar and not Hana. So hopefully we will see more original mods of their own at good prices.

Kahuna Cowboy

ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2009
Round Rock, Texas, United States
We can't let this fizzle out and fade away.

image.jpg

Discuss amongst yourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread