Not open for further replies.

john333

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Indiana
Dr and associates,
Did anyone get a chance to mix up my last post?

I haven't tried the real deal in a while, but this is definitely the best thing I've made so far. I know the ingredients seem weird, but seriously, somebody please try it if they have the supplies and post back. I'll post it again:

Fresh Cream (FA) 1.50%
Meringue (FA) 1.50%
Vanilla Swirl (TFA) 2.00%
Bergamot (FA) 0.25%
Honey Dilution 10% (FA) 1.00%
Bavarian Cream (TFA) 4.00%
Graham Cracker Clear (TFA) 3.00%
Banana (MF) 0.25%
Peanut Butter (TFA) 1.00%
Going to try this but don't have the Bergamot. I have lots of lemons and oranges but not sure if they would make a good replacement.

oBen

Apr 30, 2015
The toasted almond 4% + FA coconut 1% was a decent base. I added vanilla swirl 1.3% and TFA bav cream 2% as well. Mixed with the mangos, it is pretty tasty, but it could definitely be better (doesn't really scream sticky rice to me at this point). I've got three possible solutions coming, One on One flavors Rice Pudding and Rice Milk, as well as DKS Sweet Rice. I had to get the sweet rice from the UK, but I have heard good things about it. I also heard it takes a couple weeks for the flavor to really "come out" though. I'll be writing a post over there reviewing all three flavors and how each of them work and compare to the coconut/toasted almond combo after I get them in and mess with them a bit.
@DoubleEwe, I'd love to hear your take on the coconut/toasted almond combo if you mix it up. I do not have the most refined palate.

I've been slacking on the M&H clone lately, although the last post that I mixed up I really liked.

Which one did you really like I will try that one next. I'm lost with all the different mixes now.

nicobeak

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2014
Nashville, TN
Going to try this but don't have the Bergamot. I have lots of lemons and oranges but not sure if they would make a good replacement.
I'd just leave the Bergamot out if you don't have it. I don't think that lemon/orange would work. Honestly, I couldn't distinctly taste the Bergamot, but I think it added to the weird spice note that I get from M&H.

Reactions: john333

nicobeak

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2014
Nashville, TN
Which one did you really like I will try that one next. I'm lost with all the different mixes now.
Fresh Cream (FA) 1.50%
Meringue (FA) 1.50%
Vanilla Swirl (TFA) 2.00%
Bergamot (FA) 0.25%
Honey Dilution 10% (FA) 1.00%
Bavarian Cream (TFA) 4.00%
Graham Cracker Clear (TFA) 3.00%
Banana (MF) 0.25%
Peanut Butter (TFA) 1.00%

If you don't have MF banana, you might try a different one at ~1% (depending on how strong it is). MF is very strong.

By the way, I believe that I was DEFINITELY overthinking this. It did come out tasty though.

nicobeak

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2014
Nashville, TN
I know there's been some talk about Fresh Cream smelling spoiled. I know mine does and was wondering is after steeping it goes away or is there something else I need to know. Thanks
Unmixed it does smell baad. I use it quite a bit, but never really over 1-2%. The spoiled smell does not translate to the vapor for me.

Same with TFA sweet cream.

oBen

Apr 30, 2015
I am still waiting on a shipment of ingredients, so I am of no help so far.

However, I did see on another forum someone stating a recipe for M&H, they stated that it was sooooooooo close to the original!

It was by LostVapes
Bavarian Cream (TPA) 2%
Butterscotch (TPA) 3%
Caramel (Original) (TPA) 2%
Graham Cracker (Clear) (TPA) 3%
Marshmallow (TPA) 3%
Toasted Almond (TPA) 4%
Vanilla Swirl (TPA) 3%

The thing that strikes me as odd is the lack of both peanut butter & Banana Cream, which do seem to be present in all other clone attempts.
Anyway, if someone has the ingredients it might be worth a shot (or a variation with Banana Cream).

How did this turn out? Good?

oBen

Apr 30, 2015
Any update on the above recipes?

I just ordered a load of flavours, so I will be mixing up the recipe I found (but with Banana Cream 1.5% and FA Cream Fresh 0.5% instead of Bavarian Cream).

Also @nicobeak I saw your participation on a reddit thread about Sticky Rice, I too am interested in making a decent sticky rice flavour (with fruit)...
Did you try the toasted almond 4% with FA Coconut 1%? How was it?

I will start experimenting with it as soon as the flavourings arrive, cant wait to get some decent recipes pinned down.

How's this coming along mate?

DoubleEwe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Hiding up a tree
The Mango Sticky Rice is coming on a lot better in all honesty. I was delighted with one of the mixes I made (last Tuesday), it is not quite perfect yet, but is quite close. I am just waiting on a longer steep to see whether the recipe holds up and whether the coconut comes through. My worry is that it will be too nutty, so I am just waiting to make sure that doesn't happen.
The 4% Toasted Almond + 1% Coconut is a really good base for it.
I will do some more testing later and post up the two recipes I have been using so far, one was far better than the other the last time I tried them.

DoubleEwe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Hiding up a tree
What's it smell like out of the bottle? Maybe lower % is the key?

Out of the bottle the smell is like a sweet version of the smell you get when you first start to fry some minced beef. It is an odd musty sweetness, if cotton candy could go rotten then this would be it's smell.

I can also smell the banana in it, but I am very reluctant to vape it again (at least for a while).

Have you tried out any of the recipes here? Or conjured up any keepers? Findings etc

oBen

Apr 30, 2015
I've tried a few diff ones but I'm getting a bit lost as to which ones what when I've made them ha ha. Too many diff ones on here. I had one that was very close but can't for the life of me remember what recipe I do think that crunch cereal was in it with graham cracker. I feel of no help tbh I'm copying most on here with what I've got but when I check back I find you've all changed your mind and I don't have the new ingredients :'(. I'm not fussy tho if you can give me a recipe that is something like or slightly diff to original but still tastes very good he he ;)

Last edited:

oBen

Apr 30, 2015
Money is tight at the min so flavours I have are:

Graham Cracker (clear) (TFA)
Banana Cream (TFA)
Caramel (TFA)
Vanilla Swirl (TFA)
Vanilla Custard (CAP)
Cotton Candy (TFA)
Marshmallow (TFA)
Peanut Butter (FW)
Crunch Cereal (FW)

I have brown sugar, butterscotch and more Vanilla Custard on the way as I am tampering with a decent custard flavour for an adv also if you could recommend anything to help with that.

I could push one more order I think this week but have no idea what to get now...honey, honeysuckle?? We have to nail this soon.

Last edited:

DoubleEwe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Hiding up a tree
I haven't got a recipe for M&H, but I did make a nicer version of Grandmaster by Five Pawns (Peanut Butter Banana Cream). I didn't manage to let it steep for more than a week, so it might turn bad (or too strong) after a longer steep, but it was pretty tasty.

Banana Cream 8%
Caramel 2.5%
EM 0.5%
Graham Cracker 2.5%
Peanut Butter 5%
(CAP) Vanilla Custard 2.5%
Vanilla Swirl 2%

You can use Cotton Candy instead of EM. The Caramel makes it quite sweet, so you might want to reduce it a touch if you don't like sweet juices.
At 23% it is pretty strong, so I am working on a lower percentage version (letting one steep at the mo).

Money is tight at the min so flavours I have are:

Graham Cracker (clear) (TFA)
Banana Cream (TFA)
Caramel (TFA)
Vanilla Swirl (TFA)
Vanilla Custard (CAP)
Cotton Candy (TFA)
Marshmallow (TFA)
Peanut Butter (FW)
Crunch Cereal (FW)

I have brown sugar, butterscotch and more Vanilla Custard on the way as I am tampering with a decent custard flavour for an adv also if you could recommend anything to help with that.

I could push one more order I think this week but have no idea what to get now...honey, honeysuckle?? We have to nail this soon.

Reactions: mcginnis314

nicobeak

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2014
Nashville, TN
The Mango Sticky Rice is coming on a lot better in all honesty. I was delighted with one of the mixes I made (last Tuesday), it is not quite perfect yet, but is quite close. I am just waiting on a longer steep to see whether the recipe holds up and whether the coconut comes through. My worry is that it will be too nutty, so I am just waiting to make sure that doesn't happen.
The 4% Toasted Almond + 1% Coconut is a really good base for it.
I will do some more testing later and post up the two recipes I have been using so far, one was far better than the other the last time I tried them.
I ended up getting some rice flavorings in, and one of them shows promise. I will hit back with updates as it cures and after I try adding the mangos.

DoubleEwe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Hiding up a tree
I ended up getting some rice flavorings in, and one of them shows promise. I will hit back with updates as it cures and after I try adding the mangos.

That is good to hear. Can you describe the taste?

I am currently using CAP Sweet Mango (@5%) in my recipes, it does seem like it should be good, but the trouble is that it has been getting too muted by the nut element. It is present, but it is not really hard enough hitting or refreshing enough for my liking. Ideally it would be striking on the inhale rather than the exhale. It is still pleasant and all, but just not fantastic.

Also if the % of Mango is increased further it seems to give an acidic sharpness that hits the back of the throat, I am working to tone it down (possibly using EM or reducing overall percentages {of both the nutty elements and the mango}).

Sadly I am not doing very well at letting things steep at the moment, so it might mellow naturally if I can leave it alone...

nicobeak

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2014
Nashville, TN
That is good to hear. Can you describe the taste?

I am currently using CAP Sweet Mango (@5%) in my recipes, it does seem like it should be good, but the trouble is that it has been getting too muted by the nut element. It is present, but it is not really hard enough hitting or refreshing enough for my liking. Ideally it would be striking on the inhale rather than the exhale. It is still pleasant and all, but just not fantastic.

Also if the % of Mango is increased further it seems to give an acidic sharpness that hits the back of the throat, I am working to tone it down (possibly using EM or reducing overall percentages {of both the nutty elements and the mango}).

Sadly I am not doing very well at letting things steep at the moment, so it might mellow naturally if I can leave it alone...

The one that shows promise is DKS Sweet Rice. It tastes like jet puffed marshmallows freshly mixed, but after a week or so the rice element starts to come out. I have 2 others that I tried standalone with less success, but I mixed all three with my mangos to see what happens when they blend. I am letting them cure right now, but I'll report back or start a new thread:

Sweet Mango (Cap) 4.00%
Mango (INW) 1.50%
Sweet Rice (DKS) 2.25%

Sweet Mango (Cap) 4.00%
Mango (INW) 1.50%
Rice Pudding (OoO) 1.50%

Sweet Mango (Cap) 4.00%
Mango (INW) 1.50%
Rice Milk (OoO) 3.00%

Reactions: DoubleEwe
Status
Not open for further replies.