Status
Not open for further replies.

jfresh

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Gulfport, MS
www.wholecig.com
Off on a tangent regarding separating out the alkoloids, anatabine is sold as an anti-inflamatory "dietary supplement".
I have no idea if they are extracting it from tobacco or making it synthetically.

I like researching this stuff too, however with no chemistry or biology background I get frustrated at how much of the literature goes right over my head. And I don't really trust the pop-press simplifications.

It is produced synthetically.

"This patent covers an improved method for synthesizing anatabine that facilitates large scale commercial production of high purity anatabine."

PTO Issues New Patent to Star Scientific Covering Synthesis of Anatabine - 6/26/2012 12:00 AM

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place

jfresh

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Gulfport, MS
www.wholecig.com

FL Lori

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2012
Port St Lucie, Florida

jessermay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
York, PA

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Lol, either I'm blind or perhaps you've updated your page, but when I went to check on the status of my order, I saw, "This breakdown is approximately 95% nicotine, with the remaining 5% consisting of the minor alkaloids." So yeah, my earlier question was TOTALLY stupid. *puts foot in mouth* :facepalm:

You may not be TOTALLY blind, but that has been there for quite awhile. LOL

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Nope, nope. My friends are always telling me to open my eyes (I'm Chinese), so they must be on to something, lol!

Funny thing: I hadn't even looked at your avi. That's you? Hello. That monotype drawing I did in my avi (ironically enough, it now lives in Shenzen) is an interpolation of me (sort of). LOL

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
HOLY CRAP. YOU'RE AN ARTIST?! I'm an Art major myself (Pre-medical Illustration track), so I'd love to see more of your work! How was your avi created? Ink/charcoal/graphite and a subtractive method? It's AWESOME.

It's a print. I made it by rolling out ink onto plexi glass and then removing it with a credit card, q-tip, napkin, and finger. It's a subtractive process and when you print it (running though a print press), it displays the image (but in reverse--the "face" originally was looking to the other side.)

I don't like working figuratively anymore (no figure drawing/painting--one too many irritating commissions :facepalm:) so now I do completely non-objective style paintings. This is one that is going into an art and wine auction in September.

1234xxx.jpg

Medical illustration? Fine pencil work? Yep. Very fine. Got any images?

Last edited:
Woooooooooow! I've never taken any Printing classes (not required for me--but I know it's a very time-intensive process), and I loathe paint, lol. Watercolor's okay, though. I've gotta say I'm impressed; my favorite subjects tend to be figurative, and realism is my ultimate goal, but I always appreciate the effort and thought behind stylized, abstract works. I really like the texture and limited use of color in that painting, man!

I don't have too many images--I never intended to major in Art (first it was English, then History, then Anthropology), and though my next choice was going to be Biology, I didn't really want to do anything with that (Med school? Hell naw. Researcher?! Double hell naw!). So I put 2 and 2 together and went with my current track. It's the best of both worlds--I get to enjoy the Biology/Anatomy&Physiology/etc. courses, while I suffer doing assignments in my school's less-than-impressive Art department. Once I make it into grad school, though, is when I expect the two will come together for me, and I'm very much looking forward to that!

Let's see what I do have...

340578_656386933855_1847252626_o.jpg 63174_3865774279453_1094276356_n.jpg Mermaid_I_by_yummi4tunekookie.jpg RedWoman_by_yummi4tunekookie.jpg

The last two are ballpoint pen doodles from high school (How I miss those days!!!!!)

...also, I think I want to eat your painting. It looks strangly delicious... I should probably have some breakfast now...

Last edited:

FL Lori

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2012
Port St Lucie, Florida
Woooooooooow! I've never taken any Printing classes (not required for me--but I know it's a very time-intensive process), and I loathe paint, lol. Watercolor's okay, though. I've gotta say I'm impressed; my favorite subjects tend to be figurative, and realism is my ultimate goal, but I always appreciate the effort and thought behind stylized, abstract works. I really like the texture and limited use of color in that painting, man!

I don't have too many images--I never intended to major in Art (first it was English, then History, then Anthropology), and though my next choice was going to be Biology, I didn't really want to do anything with that (Med school? Hell naw. Researcher?! Double hell naw!). So I put 2 and 2 together and went with my current track. It's the best of both worlds--I get to enjoy the Biology/Anatomy&Physiology/etc. courses, while I suffer doing assignments in my school's less-than-impressive Art department. Once I make it into grad school, though, is when I expect the two will come together for me, and I'm very much looking forward to that!

Let's see what I do have...

View attachment 236394 View attachment 236395 View attachment 236396 View attachment 236397

The last two are ballpoint pen doodles from high school (How I miss those days!!!!!)

...also, I think I want to eat your painting. It looks strangly delicious... I should probably have some breakfast now...

Wow you are talented. The 3rd image is awesome

FL Lori

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2012
Port St Lucie, Florida
Aw....shucks. :blush:

Thanks, Lori! Hopefully we'll be able to investigate possible solutions to your allergy issue soon. Hugs!
I am still considering getting a bottle and use it very sparingly. I mailed my bottle and a half to another vapor that is finally on day 4 without a cig. Thanks to your product.

Wow you are talented. The 3rd image is awesome

Well, shuckamuck, I sure do appreciate it! I really need to work on getting better and BETTER and BETTERER, but I've come down with a nasty, perhaps incurable, case of the lazies, lol.

Aaaaaanywayz, I'm getting all antsy in my panstses! My orders of uflavored WTA haven't shipped yet, and I know I need to be patient, but omgomgomgomg I feel like kicking something or running through the neighborhood screaming profanities while shedding my clothes or going to a pet store and scaring all the fish and plucking all the birds' tail feathers until I get kicked out or it puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again or maybe I'll pop a valium or something.

Dunno.

Erised

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2009
Florida
Well, shuckamuck, I sure do appreciate it! I really need to work on getting better and BETTER and BETTERER, but I've come down with a nasty, perhaps incurable, case of the lazies, lol.

Aaaaaanywayz, I'm getting all antsy in my panstses! My orders of uflavored WTA haven't shipped yet, and I know I need to be patient, but omgomgomgomg I feel like kicking something or running through the neighborhood screaming profanities while shedding my clothes or going to a pet store and scaring all the fish and plucking all the birds' tail feathers until I get kicked out or it puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again or maybe I'll pop a valium or something.

Dunno.

I've found it's better to just bite the head off of a baby bunny and be done with it!

(Seriously though -- I know that feeling!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread