Not open for further replies.

jfresh

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Gulfport, MS
www.wholecig.com
Unlikely FAQ's #2

Q: What is "Anarcho-capitalism? Are you anarcho-capitalists?

A: It is a subject that would take far too much explanation to give justice to in a short answer format. And yes, I do consider myself an anarcho-capitalist, while Dave strikes me as somewhat less libertarian in his views, and Rick would probably say, "quit trying to label me, man."

But seriously, let's discuss regulations. The coming, much dreaded governmental regulations of e-cigarettes and e-liquids. Since the proposed rules would likely ban online sales of e-liquids, this is obviously a serious concern for all of us. Anyone have any ideas, for preemptive political action, or for strategies to deal with the aftermath? Or even opinions as to the regulations themselves?

Last edited:

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Unlikely FAQ's #2

Q: What is "Anarcho-capitalism? Are you anarcho-capitalists?

A: It is a subject that would take far to much explanation to give justice to in a short answer format. And yes, I do consider myself an anarcho-capitalist, while Dave strikes me as somewhat less libertarian in his views, and Rick would probably say, "quit trying to label me, man."

But seriously, let's discuss regulations. The coming, much dreaded governmental regulations of e-cigarettes and e-liquids. Since the proposed rules would likely ban online sales of e-liquids, this is obviously a serious concern for all of us. Anyone have any ideas, for preemptive political action, or for strategies to deal with the aftermath? Or even opinions as to the regulations themselves?

First step is buy more than you'll think you need. Think of your ecig purchases as Sam's Club-style as opposed to a gumball machine-style (one at a time). Buy more before you can't buy any.

The one thing that I am not stocked up on is WTA. The sad thing is, well, I am not stocked up on WTA! Time to do something about that.

One question I want to ask JFresh is what is the shelf-life of WTA? Is it the same as regular nic liquid? It should be. What is the best way to store WTA for long-term? I have one vendor I support who is a flavor chemist and he says he stores his liquids, and has for over three years with incredible success, at 55 degrees.

I am have no idea what will come, but I can say that if online sells are shut down, I will become very familiar with the drive to Milwaukee. ;)

(#1 Reb)

Last edited:

jfresh

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Gulfport, MS
www.wholecig.com
Hey Mr. Mann,

I wish I had a definitive answer as to shelf life. Research is needed.

I do know, however, that VG is far preferable to PG when in comes to the base itself and shelf life. It's like honey and doesn't go bad. I get the impression it also has a preservative effect on extracts as well...from wiki:

"Glycerol is a stable preserving agent for botanical extracts that, when utilized in proper concentrations in an extraction solvent base, does not allow inverting or reduction-oxidation of a finished extract's constituents, even over several years."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glycerol

It's Only Me

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2013
On a cold wind to Valhalla
It's a print. I made it by rolling out ink onto plexi glass and then removing it with a credit card, q-tip, napkin, and finger. It's a subtractive process and when you print it (running though a print press), it displays the image (but in reverse--the "face" originally was looking to the other side.)

I don't like working figuratively anymore (no figure drawing/painting--one too many irritating commissions :facepalm:) so now I do completely non-objective style paintings. This is one that is going into an art and wine auction in September.

View attachment 236383

Medical illustration? Fine pencil work? Yep. Very fine. Got any images?
Ok, work keeps me away for a day or two and Mr.Mann puts up another of his artist creations while I'm away.
Lesson in all this: Take ECF with you when you go away.

Nice Mr.Mann. When you told me a long time ago that your avi was some of your work, I was floored.
Nice to Yummi also. Fine pencil work always intrigued me, but I think it takes patience of which I do not possess.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
The next question to Jfresh, can we buy it by the jug????

I understand why JF would not want to do this, but then again, if there's no maximum order, its no different than selling a jug when customers buy several 30s at once (it's just divided up into 30 mL bottles). The way I see it is that there is a small market for those that want to order large, or "jug," sized orders, so maybe there could be a 100 mL for the price of 3 x 30 mL or something like that? What say you, Mr. Fresh?

(#2 Reb) :thumbs:

jfresh

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Gulfport, MS
www.wholecig.com
I understand why JF would not want to do this, but then again, if there's no maximum order, its no different than selling a jug when customers buy several 30s at once (it's just divided up into 30 mL bottles). The way I see it is that there is a small market for those that want to order large, or "jug," sized orders, so maybe there could be a 100 mL for the price of 3 x 30 mL or something like that? What say you, Mr. Fresh?

(#2 Reb) :thumbs:

I say, you haven't given me a piece of advice thus far that hasn't been an absolute gem...so, yeah. Of course. We'll do that. Why on earth wouldn't a company do what its customers want...that's the whole point!

Right on.

Last edited:

FL Lori

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 8, 2012
Port St Lucie, Florida
I say, you haven't given me a piece of advice thus far that hasn't been an absolute gem...so, yeah. Of course. We'll do that. Why on earth wouldn't a company do what its customers want...that's the whole point!

Right on.

I don't own a business and I feel the same way about him. ;)

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az

I hope you do since I'm interested in storing some nic juice and I think there are others like me as well.

What to do ... that's a ripe discussion. I think it could still go in a variety of ways. I'm kinda waiting to see the publics reaction in places like U.K. and Hungary for trends. Just how passionate will people become? It's not just the US that will hurt, but places like Australia can import nicotine (legally) that they can't buy domestically (illegal). Canada's goofy. They are able to import flavorings (like Mt Baker) or 0 nicotine juices but they have to buy the nicotine locally.

I would definatley attempt to distribute through B&M's. I view WTA as a complimentary product rather than a competitior.

I was looking over at Reddit and there is a sub-form to ship US juices to international buyers that can't get US made juices. If people are passionate enough about getting their preferred ecig products that a TOR, Open DNS, Freenet type "dark net" market could be in the future and more mainstream. With this, there would have to be alternative payment methods like bitcoin, pop$ and dowalla.

My understanding of the "ideal" legislation being pushed is to limit retail b&m to licensed distrubutorships where BT already controls market share. Small companies would need to join forces and develop their own licensed distribution centers to play within the game. I am kinda suprised small vendors have not done this already, as a cooperative (vs. "trade organization"). I know Sun-Vapes, Got Smoke and Steam Monkey have voiced rants about doing such a thing. Sun-Vapes and Got Smokes talked about putting out a PSA to form such a group apx a month ago. You might want to reach out and see if something has gone any further.

As it is, payment processing is causing some real problems. Ikenvape is closing online due to payment processing and AVE is still not in full swing from their fiasco back in March. That's scary. Legislation isn't needed with such narrow control over money. I ticked off a vendor just a couple of days ago for suggesting an alternative form of payment. I didn't say it well and it did not go over well. They are obviously addicted to traditional methods, stating labs up to code for anything the FDA will do (ha-ha) and I think thinking outside of the box is the future.

Payment processing is as much of a concern as legislation. If nothing else, headquater with a PO Box in the Cayman's, and use the US address for your "warehouse". Then you can use paypal just like Liberty Flights.

My :2c:

Last edited:

jfresh

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Gulfport, MS
www.wholecig.com
Interesting ideas. There are some that Rick and I have already discussed, such as bitcoin and getting some B&M distribution. We do currently accept Dwolla...though I think we've only had one person use it to order so far. I do recommend everyone get a Dwolla account, just in case we have CC processing problems. I don't expect to, as we are with a "high risk" processor who knows exactly what we're selling, etc., but you never know.

Thanks for the input...much food for thought.

jfresh

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Gulfport, MS
www.wholecig.com
JF, the last bottle I received is dwindling quicker than I would like. Got any tips for this not happening? :laugh:

Ummm...bigger bottles?

We were discussing this very thing yesterday. We are thinking 50ml glass bottles soon (think we're going with the blue ones, from what I can tell it's mostly a matter of opacity, not so much color, and they are sooo pretty.) I don't believe the 100ml ones would fit in our boxes, but we'll certainly price the 50mls like an "econo-size" to give people a break on the larger amounts.

But really it's that Provari...I noticed the same thing...great hits=mad usage.

Lol.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Ummm...bigger bottles?

We were discussing this very thing yesterday. We are thinking 50ml glass bottles soon (think we're going with the blue ones, from what I can tell it's mostly a matter of opacity, not so much color, and they are sooo pretty.) I don't believe the 100ml ones would fit in our boxes, but we'll certainly price the 50mls like an "econo-size" to give people a break on the larger amounts.

But really it's that Provari...I noticed the same thing...great hits=mad usage.

Lol.

So I could use a cig-a-like and keep my bottles small, or I could keep my mod the same and buy bigger bottles? I think I have my answer. ;) Actually, as much as that one debacle on the other thread was largely a waste of space and time, I think the notion of having the plastic seal on a glass bottle would be top notch (and I too prefer cobalt blue). Also, it would prevent air from creeping in, and it would also be that much more professional. If you start selling the 50 mL bottles, put me down for two!

I will hold off ordering large for that very thing.

Is there any word back on going slightly higher than 25 mg? What would be the absolute highest you would entertain going?

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I'm probably crazy but I'd like to try some 36mg. I sometimes use 36 in an eroll at work when I'm on a job and can't chain vape. Few hits of 36 and I'm good for another hour or so :)

I think 36 mg would be, uhh, yeah, you're crazy! LOL.

36 mg WTA and 36 mg nic-only are way different. I was only thinking a little bit higher. 36 mg WTA?8-o

jfresh

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2011
Gulfport, MS
www.wholecig.com
I think the notion of having the plastic seal on a glass bottle would be top notch (and I too prefer cobalt blue). Also, it would prevent air from creeping in, and it would also be that much more professional. If you start selling the 50 mL bottles, put me down for two!

I will hold off ordering large for that very thing.

Is there any word back on going slightly higher than 25 mg? What would be the absolute highest you would entertain going?

The bottles we are looking at actually have a self-sealing feature...screw them down and they are "sealed" until opened. Pretty easy solution.

We were thinking maybe 30-32mg for the DIYers...but only through a "contact us" type deal. Just to be sure nobody mistakenly (perhaps thinking it was like nic-only) purchases one and gets themselves sick vaping it. I vaped 32mg ONCE... it was not a pleasant vape...and was nauseous, had to lay down, and I'm about as high-tolerance as it gets, methinks....I don't want that to happen to anyone.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
The bottles we are looking at actually have a self-sealing feature...screw them down and they are "sealed" until opened. Pretty easy solution.

We were thinking maybe 30-32mg for the DIYers...but only through a "contact us" type deal. Just to be sure nobody mistakenly (perhaps thinking it was like nic-only) purchases one and gets themselves sick vaping it. I vaped 32mg ONCE... it was not a pleasant vape...and was nauseous, had to lay down, and I'm about as high-tolerance as it gets, methinks....I don't want that to happen to anyone.

Okay. So if someone wanted that, they would have to place special order? I can understand that. Hell, most people that click "okay," never really know or have read what's being stated. At least through that way you're saying, someone would be able to be clear(er) on what they were ordering and what they were not ordering.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread