Closest flavor to Marlboro Reds

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattBott

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet. A lot of the flavor from cigarettes is from the burning and the random other (non tobacco) products. This makes it extremely difficult to replicate the flavor. From what I hear around EFC, there are some that come close, and those are sought after, making them short in supply and some times expensive.

In my opinion, the sooner you can come to the idea of vaping non-tobacco flavors (coffees, fruits, spices, sweets, etc) the sooner you will really enjoy vaping.

Gypzy.Mama

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2012
Beaumont, Texas (for now)
I smoked Reds before I went to Special Blend Red Box. I tried a couple of traditional (tobacco) flavors and then went over to menthol. Now a Special Blend tastes to me the same way it smells... Like the bottom of an ashtray. Waiting on an order of 130mL of juice. Not a single tobacco or menthol flavor in the bunch. I went for flavors I already enjoy in general, coffees and desserts. :D

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
My experience was when I realized I did not need the tobacco flavor to get my nic fix it opened up a whole new world to me Theres so many great flavors out there you don't have to be stuck with something that taste like a cigarette.
So I cant tell you a good red flavor but I can tell you my self and most others had no issue with non tobacco flavors and keeping off the smokes!

Tralfaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2012
Orbit City
I gave up on the cigarette flavor search after the first week. Nothing really tastes like a lit cig. Some of the pipe tobacco flavors I tried actually did taste like flavored pipe tobaccos but when I smoked a pipe, I never liked the flavored stuff. The only spot-on tobacco flavors I've had so far in my young vaping life were cigar juices. A couple in particular were from a soon to be released line from Vermillion River. I'm sure there are other vendors with similar lines. The one I've been vaping with my scotch tastes exactly like an unlit dark wrapper cuban seed cigar.

Other than that, I found that the caramel, vanilla and coffee flavors got me through my first month of straight vaping better than any tobacco taste-alike. I'm now graduating to all kinds of new flavor options and the last cig I tried tasted like total .... My advice would be to try a few non tobac options and see where it takes you.

Reactions: OUCHthatsHot

WillieB69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2010
Mt. Pleasant, Iowa
I gave up on the cigarette flavor search after the first week. Nothing really tastes like a lit cig.

<snip>

I found that the caramel, vanilla and coffee flavors got me through my first month of straight vaping better than any tobacco taste-alike. I'm now graduating to all kinds of new flavor options and the last cig I tried tasted like total .... My advice would be to try a few non tobac options and see where it takes you.

Totally agree. I have been vaping for a couple of years now and have never found a "tobacco" flavor that excited me. Truthfully, most taste like ..... (and I'm NOT refering to cigarette butts! :D) The only exception was an RY4 flavor a friend of mine DIYed in his home lab (read kitchen) which had a heavy caramel taste to it.

Coffee flavors really help on my hardcore "I need a real cigarette" days but I mostly vape fruit flavors. My favorite is Swedish Fish from Vapor Renu and closely followed by Green Apple. Right now I vape one I call "Green Mountain Fish" because it's a mixture of leftover Green Apple, Mt Dew and Swedish Fish flavors.

Break the chains of complacency and step away from the tobacco. ;)

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
Once I realized that the "tobacco flavor thing" was really, for me, part of the "craving thing" I could mentally separate it and deal with the other flavors. Realizing that I'd still have small cravings no matter what the flavor was helped. Expecting e-cigs to taste like a cig didn't work on so many levels....particularly the level where the flavor doesn't exist and the attempts taste like crap (because cigs taste like crap). I tried though...like so many newbies. Even mixed my own and/or mixed other vendors flavors. Meh.

You could try an RY4 or something that is "full bodied". It won't replicate a cig...but it will "fill your tastebuds".

P.S.
On a side note, for the poster two above me.... +1 for having a username "Tralfaz". I remember that episode. :)

NancyR

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Washington State
I agree with the others, you wont find something that tastes like a cig. There are some very good tobacco flavors out, but because you aren't burning the actual tobacco with them they won't taste the same.

I won't say to stay away from tobacco flavors as many people do enjoy them, but realize while you won't get the same taste you have a lot more options now.

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Thank you. After reading this I am not going to buy tobacco flavour, going to go straight on the fruity flavours.
This is hard to make your self do but get several sample bottles from different vendors. That way you don't end up with 30ml of something you don't like. I haven't found a vender yet that I like everything they carry. Taste is so subjective its hard to even take someone elses advice on juice. Ive got some juice because of a review and thought it sucked. But the guy doing the review thought it was great. So I think its just trial and error. Next you will find the greatest flavor, youll order 60 ml and 2 weeks later your looking for something else :)

WillieB69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2010
Mt. Pleasant, Iowa
Thank you. After reading this I am not going to buy tobacco flavour, going to go straight on the fruity flavours.

If you're a coffee drinker, be sure to try some of those as well. As I've said, those really help on the days I start seriously jonsing for an analog. Alternately, if you have a favorite soda, somebody probably makes a vape that comes close to it. I'm a hardcore Mt. Dew drinker and I've had a variety of different vapes that tasted almost like the real thing.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
There really isn't anything that tastes like Brand XYZ cigarettes.
The best you can do is find something that reminds you of a cigarette.

Over time, you will probably find that something that reminds you of a cigarette isn't what you want.

But as long as it is something you want, here are my recommendations...
--Dekang DK-TAB
--Vaperite Tuscany Tobacco
--Vaperite Perique

Actually, it's hard to go wrong with most of the Vaperite tobacco flavors.
And you can get a sampler of three different ones for only $7.00 with reasonable shipping.

bivie

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2012
Damon, TX near Houston
BobbyIvie.com
This is a good thread, and there's a lot of truth and good advice.

I vape tobacco flavors, as well as the fruits, sweets, coffees, etc. But the ejuice tobacco
flavors are not like analogs. The good ones are richer and more complex, like pipe tobacco
and cigars. Or, they are sometimes sweet, or have a hint of something else like cocoa,
ginger, cherry, vanilla or whatever.

There are a whole bunch of them to try, and that's part of the fun. When vaping becomes
a hobby as well as a habit, it seals the deal on avoiding analogs. I don't even think twice
about them anymore. This is much more fun and interesting.

Now, excuse me while I get back to my Grand Prairie tobacco juice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread