Closing the forum [no longer applicable]

Status
Not open for further replies.

elainedwright

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2011
georgia
I'm with Dennis on this one if Rob is willing to transfer the sub-forum to someone else. If it's archived Reoville will end up buried and lost. I assume that if it's archived the information is still available but no one is able to post. After a while no one goes there and it's buried. Two threads are going to be nothing like this forum with years of posts and information. A pinned post that stays at the very top of the threads in the sub-forum describing what is going on and that Rob is no longer active in the forum hence do not expect to see him drop in and comment.
Dennis I am willing to help with the financial side if need be; contact me if you'd like when you have learned what needs to be done. Even with the financial end taken care of someone would need to step up and agree to be moderator.
Just my :2c: worth.

Reactions: MamaTried

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
I was thinking the same thing, that Rob may feel obligated to maintain his presence here which wouldn't give him as much freedom as he needs.

I also agree with both statements. It's Rob's choice and decision and I'm sure he's thought about this for a long time before he informed us. I'm sure it did his heart good to see all the support from all of you that want to keep the original Reo Lounge open but I also think that this decision of his wasn't done lightly and hastily. The Reo Lounge has been diminishing for a while, oldtimers and others dropping off or not posting nearly as much, but we now have two threads, thanks to Sterno and Debadoo. The format has changed but not the sharing of all things Reo. We will survive and know that Rob is always with us in one way or another.

After all...he IS our Captain.

But if it's decided to keep the Reo Lounge open, if it can be done, and if Rob is ok with that, I'm willing to help,too, it was my first attempt at joining anything on ECF many years ago, about six if I remember correctly.

Last edited:

oldbroad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
I agree! If we tried to keep things going here Rob would not get the much deserved free spirit time that he needs and deserves! Change is hard but we have the alternatives we all need! If you love him, as we all do, let him go to play and enjoy his semi retirement.

Oh yes...totally agree!

Reactions: 57chilicat

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
A couple thoughts if I may. This forum is an extension , a face, and a part of Rob's business.

The ECF has a subforum dedicated to Liquid feed Mods. Anyone can open a thread there about anything REO related and folks who care to can answer and help. Also the chat aspect can easily be accommodated in the lounge.

Things will be different, but if enough folks are willing, the comradery and spirit of what you've had here can go forward, in a new home. And maybe some folks who would not have come here, just might get exposed to REO's mods.

oldbroad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
A couple thoughts if I may. This forum is an extension , a face, and a part of Rob's business.

The ECF has a subforum dedicated to Liquid feed Mods. Anyone can open a thread there about anything REO related and folks who care to can answer and help. Also the chat aspect can easily be accommodated in the lounge.

Things will be different, but if enough folks are willing, the comradery and spirit of what you've had here can go forward, in a new home. And maybe some folks who would not have come here, just might get exposed to REO's mods.

ENAUD...your last sentence is an excellent point.

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
I will miss Rob and this forum as much as anyone else, but, I'm going to take a probably unpopular side here. I think that if Rob wants to let the forum close, it should close. There are now two other threads where we can stay in contact with each other and discuss problems, and help others. If, what Rob wants, is to close this and step back, we need to just deal with it. JMO.
I agree as well, for all reasons listed. Also, this forum is Rob's name, if anything went south with others running it, it's still his name. This was his direct response when asked about it.
Closing the forum soon
I'd love to see it stay open and am sooooooo sad it's closing, but we don't have to lose each other.

@classwife When the Reo forum is archived, will we still be able to reach it with the link from our watched forums if we're watching it??? Or will we need to locate it in the archives and watch it again???

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I am not sure how I feel about the REO Forum closing, on one hand I am happy for Rob if this is what he really wants to do, and to get back to really living his life, that I understand completely. On the other hand it is really sad, and as others have said the end of an era. I bought my first REO’s on May 23 of 2015, the #174 Purple Heart Maple Burl, and the # 319 oak Quilted Maple. These were my first REO's and my first mechanicals, it was awesome to get these and to use them, so much so that I ended up getting 2 more of them. I ordered the # 300 Walnut Jatoba, and the # 98 Bubinga, on June 18 2015.

I guess I just thought that I would to start my REO journey with the Woodvil’s, I don’t regret that at all, they are awesome. On July 4th 2015 I ordered 1-LP REO mini 1.0 Polished brass, and 1-LP REO mini Black anodized. Then on July 26th 2015 I ordered two more of them, the Reo 1.0 mini Tumbled aluminum, and The REO 1.0 mini tumbled Brass. I love these 14500 mini’s, and to this day they are my favorite REO’s that I own.

I finally bought two Reo Grands on October 23 2015, and that is when money got a bit tight for me, and I was just struggling to get some attys to use on all these REO’s, I am still short a few. I have not done a lot of posting in the REO forum because I am still a bit of a newbie to them, but I found everything I needed to know in the Forum, there is so much information in this forum, it is a bit overwhelming. I have experienced what it is like, to have your favorite forum be closed and archived, they did that to the original Provari forum and quite frankly, it really sucked.

I know that Rob is still going to be in business, and if I can ever get caught back up again on my finances I plan on getting a few more, but that will not be until around May or June, I just hope I will be able to get a P67 around that time. I might be able to order some accessories before then but not much. Okay my ramble is over, I hope for the best things in life for Rob and all that he does in the future. :)

KAS

Last edited:

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Kas, hope you'll join us in the new lounge where we can chat, and the tech thread for any issues or questions one might have.

I have it in a watched status at the moment, I am not sure I want to post there, until the Forum is officially closed though.
I think I might be able to keep up with the posts on 1 or 2 threads a bit easier, than all the posts in the current forum. :unsure:

KAS

Doffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Australia
I bought a silver vein LP with the old contacts in 2013. When I made a thread here to announce it, but saying that an rda would be the following pay, a reonaut offered me an igo s.

That sums up reoville for me, everyone was always welcomed.

I also read the liquid feed forum, which has more of a tendency to heated debate, and talk of clones.

I'll miss the ville. But wish Rob all the best. My vaping world would be nothing without you and the nauts.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using Tapatalk

bitey

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2009
Central Ohio
I'm stunned. There Is so much information stored here that I always knew I could read "later." I also have trouble imagining a world without all of you here. I have used nothing but Reos & Woodvils since I bought my first one in the first batch of metal minis that was sold. No forum then; just a thread that we kept posting in to keep it at or near the top of the list. Oh, and Rob, I have many Reos & Woodvils that I need to send in for repairs. I run 'um too hot. And then buy more. I read parts of this thread almost every week whether I post or not and it feels like home. Can we keep all of this info together in a known place where we can still access it? Maybe, we can even bump into each other while searching that info. I'll help, whether we need time or money, (no, I'm not wealthy in either, but saving Reoville feels like an ongoing priority). Thanks for the warning, Rob. Love ya, Dottie

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Can we keep all of this info together in a known place where we can still access it? Maybe, we can even bump into each other while searching that info
Hiya Dottie! All the forum stuff will be archived per classwife. I've asked if we watch the forum if it will still take us to it once archived, but she hasn't had a chance to answer yet.

We do have two threads set up that you can add to your watched threads. One for just chit chat The Reonauts new lounge Set up just a day or so ago and we're already 6 pages into it. Scott (Sterno set it up for us)

and one for technical issues REO Technical Issues/Shop Talk

Hope you'll join in

Misty

Forum Admin Supplier & Commercial Manager
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 16, 2008
Canada
Just to let everyone know, Rob has requested this forum Reosmods and his account: @redeyedancer to be closed up tomorrow, Sunday 2016-03-13.

I will be closing the forum and archiving in Archived forums tomorrow evening.
Archives

All posts will be accessible to "read" . No information will be lost.

Reonauts can all continue to stay in touch and discuss in ECF Lounge forum , thanks to the thread @Sterno has started
The Reonauts new lounge

As well as a new thread started by @Debadoo for technical issues
REO Technical Issues/Shop Talk

Wishing Rob a wonderful retirement and the best in the future!

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
Just to let everyone know, Rob has requested this forum Reosmods and his account: @redeyedancer to be closed up tomorrow, Sunday 2016-03-13.
oh my, didn't realize he'd be closing his ECF account. Hope he opens a different one and lets us know.

@Misty if we're already watching the forum, will that link still take us to the forum once it's archived? Or will we have to search for it in the archives?

Thanks so much

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread