Cloud Beast with a Wismec 2/3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clark Kent

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2014
Metropolis Il.
Well no, I don't have a cloudbeast but do have the RX 2/3, Yes, It will work because it is a regulated mod, will it be better to use it in 3 mode? yes. It is a decent mod but can't speak about the tank. (btw) there are better out there than pre-built coil smok tanks for both flavor and Clouds bro, and you might have problems with the 510 connection with Smok tanks as they are a bit longer that the 510 on the mod. If you have not bought either yet, my suggestion would be to get either a regular RX200, or RX200S, I really am not happy the way my RX 2/3 battery doors fit. and dropping down to 6V is defeating the purpose of having a high power device. While I do own a number of Smok tanks none of them compare to some of the others out there. Just my Opinion. Not meaning to offend, but that is just my experience.

Reactions: daviedog

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
So I just ordered this combo.

I have been reading that this might be an issue in the 2 battery configuration. Based on additional online research, it looks like the 6 volts the 2 battery combo can push should work.

I'm just worried because the coil head that I want to use that comes with it is .15 Ohms.

Thoughts?
Why did you buy a mod if you felt there may be an issue?
I don't have that mod, i use the Beast with a 75watt DNA. With the RBA..

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
So I just ordered this combo.

I have been reading that this might be an issue in the 2 battery configuration. Based on additional online research, it looks like the 6 volts the 2 battery combo can push should work.

I'm just worried because the coil head that I want to use that comes with it is .15 Ohms.

Thoughts?

As long as the mod's electronics allow it to fire a 0.15Ω coil, you have nothing to worry about. Coil resistance is largely a moot point with regulated variable wattage mods as it has no bearing on current drain from your batteries.

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA
The cloudbeast is a great tank. Closest I have experienced to dripper performance. The coils have lasted a solid 3+ weeks. Haven't tried the rba deck yet. I think it is the best smok tank I have tried. Have a tfv4 and a tfv4 mini I never use.

No experience with the mod. 510 issues have made it a mod I will not be purchasing.

Reactions: MMW

Hendog24

ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2016
Washington, DC
I actually bought a tfv8 with wismecs new 2/3, with 2 batteries it can push the quad coil, but if you want the full benefit of the octo coil it WILL DEFINITELY NEED THE THIRD BATTERY.

No offense, but that is not true. I'm running the octuple coil with 2 batteries as I type this. The mod will do 150 watts even with this 1.5ohm coil.

This octuple coil is great from about 90 watts to about 140 watts. You definitely don't need the 3rd battery.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
No offense, but that is not true. I'm running the octuple coil with 2 batteries as I type this. The mod will do 150 watts even with this 1.5ohm coil.

This octuple coil is great from about 90 watts to about 140 watts. You definitely don't need the 3rd battery.
Note that you need batteries rated for more than 20 amps if you're going to run the mod at more than 120w with two batteries.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Reactions: MMW

sketchness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA

First it is .15 ohm coil. Decimals matter too man! And second just because the screen says 150 does not mean that is the output wattage. You will also see performance take a bit of a hit faster with two batteries than with three. Slightly below about 50% you will notice degraded performance. I don't notice degraded performance until about 25% battery life in my three battery mod.

Very cool you found something you enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread