Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
Columbia, Missouri
www.billherbst.com
New Cloupor duel 18650 mod
Looks like Cloupor has a new 2 battery temp control box.
Cloupor GT 80W Dual 18650 Temperature Control Box Mod for Sale

Interesting. Sort of a Maxi-Mini. 95x53x22mm. Larger than an iStick 50W (83x45x23mm), but smaller than my sigelei 100W Plus (103x59x23mm).

The GT has one feature that seems to me part of the inevitable future of temperature control: "Intelligent Joule Recommendation." Apparently, the user can choose to have the GT automatically select the optimal power for a given temperature and coil resistance. Currently, temp control is a techno-geek's paradise, somewhat akin to a manual transmission on a sports car. To get maximum performance from these early temp control PVs takes both understanding and usually some fiddling. What the majority of ordinary, everyday vapers will want down the road, however, is an automatic transmission. Nothing technical to calculate, just press the fire button and get a great vape with no dry hits or burned wicks.

Nothing is mentioned in the product description about titanium, so perhaps this implementation is just for nickel wire. I hope not, because other companies are already scrambling to add algorithms for titanium to their TC firmware.

I presume that over the coming year we'll see major advances and refinements in temp control. Oh boy, something else to look forward to (and spend more money on).

Flapstick

Jan 12, 2015
Europa
The GT has one feature that seems to me part of the inevitable future of temperature control: "Intelligent Joule Recommendation." Apparently, the user can choose to have the GT automatically select the optimal power for a given temperature and coil resistance. Currently, temp control is a techno-geek's paradise, somewhat akin to a manual transmission on a sports car. To get maximum performance from these early temp control PVs takes both understanding and usually some fiddling. What the majority of ordinary, everyday vapers will want down the road, however, is an automatic transmission. Nothing technical to calculate, just press the fire button and get a great vape with no dry hits or burned wicks.

Nothing is mentioned in the product description about titanium, so perhaps this implementation is just for nickel wire. I hope not, because other companies are already scrambling to add algorithms for titanium to their TC firmware.

Hi, Bill.
First off, I want to get this out of my chest: Cloupor's English is beyond atrocious... :)
I honestly hoped (and still hope) to see a Mini with TC (size-wise; 1 battery, not two), but chances are I'll go buy me some Tesla (this pup was the best I could find - there are better options, but not for my budget). Worst-case scenario, I'll buy and fit in my current mini an Yihi chip with TC (350, I think, would fit perfectly).

Now, a rather noobish question: is it that hard to have temperature control over no matter what wire we choose for the coil? And what's this titanium fuss?

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
Now, a rather noobish question: is it that hard to have temperature control over no matter what wire we choose for the coil? And what's this titanium fuss?
Yes. Currently, Evolv (and everyone that copied them) uses the resistance change of the coil to measure temperature. The resistance changes are different for each metals. Kanthal has almost no change so that's why Ni200 is recommended. And it's Temperature protection or limit, not control. Yihi puts "control" in their ads and that's wrong. No device controls the temp yet.

Reactions: Flapstick

cricque

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
My first cloupor mini since around the 5th of January, died last saturday ... This was after countless of drops and havey abuse. I used it exclusively since then. Just the last 2 weeks 50/50 with my heatvape mini inavader. So I had to take my backup out ! The old one was even one of the 00000002 batch. It served me well. Gonna wait for some reviews for the GT, but looks like I will buy one, since it will be just a tad bigger but double batteries and TC

Reactions: baburs

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
Reactions: zoiDman

underwhelmd

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2014
Canada
Last week's tech still working just fine here.
Cheers.

IMG_20150801_181553.jpg

My first cloupor mini since around the 5th of January, died last saturday ... This was after countless of drops and havey abuse. I used it exclusively since then....

What are the odds! I got my cloupor mini on the exact date, 5th of January :D :D Didn't realise it has been that long!

Mine is still working although the fire button is no longer clicky. The 510 threading is also loose due to me dropping it. The tank was at a weird angle after the drop. Even so, I can still screw in my subtank with no problems but those with a shorter connection like my cigreen RDA can't lock in.

Have been consistently using 0.5-0.7 ohm coils, vaping at 20 watts and above. The mod and tank does get hot at high watts so I've now dropped down to 0.9 ohm, regulating the volt at 3.6 V.

Scotticus93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
Yorktown, Virginia, United States
Will you sell it?
Possibly. What's your offer lol. It's a bit roughed up. Chip still works but 510 connection threading is stripped and my back door is missing. I have a black silicone sleeve on it. You can pm me about it since this isn't the classifieds

Richu75

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2015
It has to be the way people understand/use things.
Both of my Mini's are almost like new and show no Brass fatigue.

There isn't much to understand. Almost all atomizers (rda/rta) use stainless steel for the 510 connector.
SS is much harder and stronger than the brass 510 of the mini. In my opinion I do not abuse the mini's, but I do change atomizers more than once on a daily basis.

On the other hand, it's an easy fix. Fit a 14mm varitube instead of the brass 510 and you're golden. You even get a spring loaded center pin in your mini.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
There isn't much to understand. Almost all atomizers (rda/rta) use stainless steel for the 510 connector.
SS is much harder and stronger than the brass 510 of the mini. In my opinion I do not abuse the mini's, but I do change atomizers more than once on a daily basis.

On the other hand, it's an easy fix. Fit a 14mm varitube instead of the brass 510 and you're golden. You even get a spring loaded center pin in your mini.
Did you replace yours with the 14mm?

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I p

I often pull my tanks 3-4-5 times a day.
SS in not a MUST have requirement for me.
Like SS, brass is used in tens of thousands of securing applications.
Your point is noted.........as is mine.:)

Quitter

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2009
Cleveland, OH
I love my mini's. But the brass 510 let's it down.
I totally agree. Everything has worked perfectly through hard daily use foe a long time. But that damn brass, non spring 510 connector is failing. Just ordered a new unit from FT.

How hard would it have been for Cloupor to have this critical feature??? Where
Hat would it have added to the price? $3? Yeesh

Reactions: gerrymi
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread