Status
Not open for further replies.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Still loving mine. It's not left my rotation in months partnered with the ST Mini

3SuKqdq.jpg

Quitter

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2009
Cleveland, OH
Okay, so I've had my CM for many, many months with daily use - my main device, and I'm a heavy vaper - and the lame brass threads gave out. So I bought a new one from FT and it came in today.

Omg. My original had a nice tight build quality. A tight sliding door and strong magnets. The unit I just got is crap! The magnetic door barley holds and the fit is awful! WTF!!!

Reactions: gerrymi

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Okay, so I've had my CM for many, many months with daily use - my main device, and I'm a heavy vaper - and the lame brass threads gave out. So I bought a new one from FT and it came in today.

Omg. My original had a nice tight build quality. A tight sliding door and strong magnets. The unit I just got is crap! The magnetic door barley holds and the fit is awful! ...!!!
That sucks. Do you think it's a fake one? Did it come with the card?.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md

Omg. My original had a nice tight build quality. A tight sliding door and strong magnets. The unit I just got is crap! The magnetic door barley holds and the fit is awful! ...!!!

Maybe try spending more money. You seem to think everything you buy is Crap.

You just said Many, many months heavy use. Sounds like it did a fair job.
This thread has a perfect Fix/Update for the Brass 510 that should get you a few more YEARS out of it.
I beat the heck out of Both of mine, and the Brass fittings are just like new.:D

Last edited:

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Jesus, lighten up. I think everything is crap?? Where the hell did you get that?

I made a simple comment about the replacement build quality and you call me out? Seriously

Went back and highlighted your comments. Not calling, pointing.....

Just noted what you said............And I also pointed out, you can repair the Mini Cheap and easy. It can once again be the Mod you once enjoyed using. The parts, where to get them and how to do the repair is all in this thread.

Or, you could pick up an IPV-D2 and be done with it. Check out the D2 thread in the Temp Control sub-forum.

Richu75

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2015
Or, you could pick up an IPV-D2 and be done with it. Check out the D2 thread in the Temp Control sub-forum.

The D2 is a solid little mod, only slightly bigger as the mini. I find myself taking it more than the mini's.

ef5387c79ad39ec611e73429d439df92.jpg

The mini was a great mod when it came to market. But it has been surpassed and I wouldn't recommend it any longer to anyone looking for a new mod.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
The D2 is a solid little mod, only slightly bigger as the mini. I find myself taking it more than the mini's.

ef5387c79ad39ec611e73429d439df92.jpg

The mini was a great mod when it came to market. But it has been surpassed and I wouldn't recommend it any longer to anyone looking for a new mod.
The only thing I don't like about the D2 is the adjustment buttons are too close the the fire button.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I just got a used mini with a faulty "up" button. Is this common? Fixable?

It's been a long week and I'm too tired/lazy to search for an answer. Forgive me if its already posted.

Thanks.

Jay :headbang:
I haven't heard about any buttons being faulty on these. What's wrong with yours?

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I just got a used mini with a faulty "up" button. Is this common? Fixable?

It's been a long week and I'm too tired/lazy to search for an answer. Forgive me if its already posted.

Thanks.

Up button doesn't work. Went down to 7 watts and am now stuck there.....

Hope your not as tired/lazy about fixing as searching.
Possible a button to switch misalignment.

Remove Back
Remove Battery
Remove plastic covering chip - Carefully - hot glued
Check board and switch buttons for proper alignment and correct as needed.
Insert battery and test
Assemble in reverse

Not a big job and not a complicated mod

Richu75

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2015
As an entrenched MTL Vaper...I "can't use" the Cloupor Mini or the iPV D2 (neither has buck/step-down). :shock:

Sure you can. You just have to calculate the desired coil to make sure you don't need stepdown.

I'm a MTL vaper. Using 1 ohm coils at around 20 watts for my fav juice. The D2 needs to supply just shy of 4,5 V. So no stepdown needed.

b234efa58881ab9393e53233e5e5ba56.jpg

underwhelmd

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2014
Canada
As an entrenched MTL Vaper...I "can't use" the Cloupor Mini or the iPV D2 (neither has buck/step-down). :shock:

[The KBOX Mini does have buck/step-down...I'm waiting for the "V2" with a spring-loaded 510 pin.)

Ackshully.

My Cloupor mini review | E-Cigarette Forum

It can step down below 4.2. read the above link for more info on that.

I do MTL... subtank mini, cloupor mini.... and I find this mod is very mild to vape on at 13-15W, coils usually .5 - .8 Ohm.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
55 Hour work weeks in the sun have made me REALLY lazy lately. But I can handle an indoor, in the A/C job like this. Thanks for the recommendation!

Ha!, your Schedule sounds like mine............until I got injured. 12hr shifts and averaged 60hrs. most weeks for 9yrs. before it cost me.
Now almost 62 and little chance of returning.:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread