Clove Recipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulZ

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2009
well i caved under the "i should go check walmart first" pressure to myself and ordered a big order of loranns oils.

currently coming to me:

Plum Flavor -1 Ounce

Cinnamon Oil -1 Ounce

Clove Oil, Natural -4 Ounce

Anise Oil, Natural -1 Ounce

Pralines And Cream Flavor -1 Dram (to try it out, heard good things)

1/3 Oz Amber Glass Jars With Dropper Tops & Caps -Package of 12 (im using plastic but i'll be using alcohol to dissolve the oils, so i decided to grab these perfectly pocket sized glass bottles! 1/3 oz is perfect for carrying around to top off or w/e without having a big bottle in your pocket.
$11 for 12 bottles is a steal too.

Sore Muscle Formula -4 Ounce (i needed massage oil anyway, and orders over $70 ship free. i was at like.. $65 so i snagged this. essentially free sicne $10 shipping went away.)
$5.95

4 Oz Glass Bottles With Caps, Brown -Package of 6 - once i figure out a good recipe, I'll be filling these with them. 4 oz is a lot, and at like.. $.75 a pop.. not bad!
$4.95

Creme De Menthe Flavor -1 Ounce

Subtotal: $72.20
Shipping (Ground): $0.00
Tax: $0.00
Total: $72.20

My first attempt will be 4 drops clove, 1 drop plum 1 drop anise and 1 drop cinnamon (going for specials not blacks. specials always seemed to have a plum sweetness to them, and obviously clove anise and cin)

I'll let you guys know how it works out!

vansslipon

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2009
Tallinn, Estonia
first of all i want to say HI! thats my first post here)
second i want to say SORRY for my english im from Estonia.

We have very poor chose of flavors here so i cant find mostly enything bassed on PG ... but i was reading this thread and saw you guys using oils, but once agin they from Lorann

So my question is can i use ethereal oils for this recepie where you use just a few drops for 10ml ? we have plenty of them here and damn they are strong :)

TY

the86d

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2009
So. California, USA
I have had good luck with oils, 5 drops per 10ml like Dan suggested in a prior post many moons ago.

Clove 4 drops, tangerine 1 drop is great and I like Constant Comet tea (can't remember the spelling of that brand).

If you want to add that many drops... try using 20ml of PG and guess a total of 10 drops. Mix and match... try that.

Just make sure that they are food grade if you can... if you are limited check the ingredients.

PlanetScribbles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2009
Londinium, Brittania
My wife has declared this a perfect match to the Djarum Black Cloves!

djblack.jpg

Here is the recipie I have settled on:

2 drops clove oil
1 drop anise oil
20 drops vodka
5ml drops VG
4ml drops PG 36mg nic

Makes 10ml of clove juice. As I sit here I am puffing away and it is smooth, a perfect flavor. The anise makes all the difference, it adds the spice to the clove and really compliments the flavor. Not too strong and not to subtle, just right. And I am on day 5 of my atomizer using oil with no problems so far.

When mixing this, add in this order: VG, then oil, then vodka, then PG and shake. The vodka helps to break up the oils and distributes it in the VG and PG nicely. I have no problems mixing it. It does not pool on the top like you would think. I think the VG helps to suspend it. I dont know, I just care it taste great!

I will report back on the status of the atomizer.
Dan

No tobacco flavoring in there then?

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
No tobacco flavoring in there then?

Nope...

bump!

i kicked this thread up to ask for some updates from the clove lovers. there's a lot of clove chatter in this thread. the primary reason for me choosing to vape is to get my clove fix! haha

any updates on recipes, or sources of quality pre-mix, or sources of quality home-brew for sale; please post here so I can find it later.

thanx all!

My final clove flavoring mix is as follows:

1 Part Lorann Anise oil
2 Parts Lorann Clove oil
3 Parts PA Eugenol

Mix all of these together and use at 3% in the flavor field to your normal mix.
While there is no tobacco mix in this it is not out of the realm to add. I have not tried adding tobacco flavoring but everyone that has tried this mix loves it.
Hope this helps
Dan

Last edited:

tj1100cl

Oct 11, 2010
Atlanta
Nope...

My final clove flavoring mix is as follows:

1 Part Lorann Anise oil
2 Parts Lorann Clove oil
3 Parts PA Eugenol

Mix all of these together and use at 3% in the flavor field to your normal mix.
While there is no tobacco mix in this it is not out of the realm to add. I have not tried adding tobacco flavoring but everyone that has tried this mix loves it.
Hope this helps
Dan

thanx Dan!

i haven't even started yet, but i am keeping this recipe for when i finally get into mixing up juices myself. a clove replacement is exactly what i've been seeking, so thanx a bunch! being able to take a clove drag without tobacco? sounds too good to be true! i can't wait to get all my e-cig gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread