Clover's Crochet Corner: How to Crochet a Lanyard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clover~

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2010
South Dakota
Hey guys. As some of you may be aware, I crochet as a hobby. I finished making my boyfriend a hat last night and decided to make him a matching lanyard this morning. I liked what I did so much I made another for myself. The pattern is so easy I thought I would share since I remember a few of you asking me for patterns. I can either post pics to go along with the instructions or I may make a video if anyone is struggling with the instructions but it's not too difficult.

So here it goes:

View attachment 72235 View attachment 72236

CLOVER'S
CROCHETCORNER
How to Crochet a Lanyard

Terms

HDC - Half Double Crochet
CH - Chain
SL ST - Slip Stitch

Materials

Size F/3.75 Crochet Hook
4 Ply Yarn (I used Peaches & Cream 100% Cotton)
You can use smaller yarn for a more delicate lanyard.

Instructions

(These instructions will make a lanyard that will fit 2-3 V4L batts or 1 alternative batt ie the Vgo and OMG)

Chain 3 and join (SL ST) into the beginning stitch to make a small circle

Round 1: Crochet 8 HDC into the center of the circle

Rounds 2-10: HDC in a continuous round (you can make this as long or short as you want to fit your batts)

SC around once and SL ST to even off the round. You now should have a tube.
CH until desired length and then join (SL ST) to the other side of the tube and secure the string, cut the yarn and hide the tail.

That’s it! Hope you understood and can enjoy making your own!

Care Instructions (when using 100% cotton - specifically Peaches & Cream)
Wash in water that doesnt exceed 30C/86F on delicate - Do not bleach - Tumble dry low on delicate - Do not iron or press - Do not dry clean
or just hand wash :)

Last edited:

Clover~

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2010
South Dakota
Poo.. I was hoping to find a video featuring Clover in this thread..

if enough people would enjoy it I'd be glad to make one tomorrow :) or later tonight with some rum.... I need to go to the store...

Very cool Ms. Clover. :)

I saw you had posted and already knew what you were gonna say before I clicked to see... lol you're so predictable! :)

Iowa Gal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Central Iowa
Clover those are so cute... I'd love to see a video and I may just try to work on one of these this weekend. I've got all kinds of yarn and crochet hooks at home. I actually saw some of your earlier posts and hope to maybe work on a couple of the projects on the sites you gave us if I ever catch up on other tasks..

kurora

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2011
West Texas
Here's some of mine:
Some plain ones I made early on while figuring out my exact pattern
p1070752u.jpg

Beaded Regular and Shorty length
p1070751r.jpg

Beaded XL length
p1070747.jpg