Coffee Flavor, who makes the best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Huge coffee vapor here. (I drink my real-life coffee with cream and sugar) Everyone's tastes are very subjective; what works for one person won't for another. We can only offer suggestions what works for us as individuals. Having said that, I've tried at least 10 coffee flavors. The following is what I use often throughout the week, if not daily, listed as favorites first:

Organic Velvet Milkshake(Virgin Vapors) "It's sweet, creamy and buttery with notes of caramel and rum all balanced out by a nice strong shot of Kona Espresso" is how creator Annette describes it, and its true. I could vape this all day. Very smooth, rich, mildly sweet, and complex. This is very subjective, but I liken this to a Starbuck's frappe. This is a very popular juice and probably her largest seller, which is saying something. A little on the expensive side, but it is so worth it. I will always have this in my collection and I can not recommend it enough.

Coffee (Copper Creek) A nice dark roast black coffee to my tastes. I mix about 10% mix of Sweet Cream e-liquid (MyFreedomSmokes).com to make it taste like my home-brewed coffee. Simply fantastic and can be vaped all day. This needs to steep for about a week after delivery for best results. I recommend this one if you are simply looking for a nice black coffee flavor.

Organic Flavored Kona Cream (Vaperite) This to me is very similar to Virgin Vapors' Kona Milkshakes, but with slightly different flavor hints in the background (maybe more mocha?). A strong pleasing aroma just from opening the bottle. Also needs to steep, but for a little more you can order this pre-steeped. A very high quality juice, although I personally favor the Virgin Vapor entry just a shade more. I'm finishing up a small trial-sized bottle of their Double Espresso - it is a authentic espresso flavor that hits hard like you'd expect espresso to be. Not an all day vape I wouldn't think, but I do like it alot and plan on ordering a larger bottle to add some variety to my coffee collection.

Amaretto Coffee w/Whipped Cream (Mrs.T's Bakery) This offers a nice change of pace for me. Nice coffee flavor with a hint of sweet amoretto liquier. Strong flavored yet smooth and balanced (I always order xtra flavor if offered). I like this after dinner or winding down watching TV before bed. Doesn't hurt to let this one steep, either. I got a trial size bottle of her Espresso on my last order but I haven't gotten around to trying it.

I plan on trying Mocha Java Drizzle (Vape Dudes) next due to a lot of positive reviews.

Last edited:

Wishdog

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2012
Hazel Green
I have not ordered from them so this is just heresay, but Dark City seems to get a lot of good word here on the forums from when I was searching for the same thing. Not sure if they do a straight coffee and I'm too lazy to look, but most of their best selling stuff is of the Frappa-Starbucks-Desert coffee variety, if memory serves.

EDited to add: Got over my laziness pretty quick, here's the beverage page: Drink Inspired Juices

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I have not ordered from them so this is just heresay, but Dark City seems to get a lot of good word here on the forums from when I was searching for the same thing. Not sure if they do a straight coffee and I'm too lazy to look, but most of their best selling stuff is of the Frappa-Starbucks-Desert coffee variety, if memory serves.

EDited to add: Got over my laziness pretty quick, here's the beverage page: Drink Inspired Juices

Thanks so much for including the link. I followed it and looked at the website. As far as their liquids go, not a huge selection but I was amazed at how many I was actually interested in. I will definitely add them to my short list of juices to try. They seem to have a very reasonable 3 juice sampler that makes one more likely to try their juice. It got my attention.

Wishdog

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2012
Hazel Green
They seem to have a very reasonable 3 juice sampler that makes one more likely to try their juice. It got my attention.

If you do a little looking, you'll notice that the sample pack is the best way to order from them. All of their sizes are fixed at 50¢ per ml, except the sample pack that's 42¢ per ml.

I'll have to try the Creamy Joe, as that's the one that everyone tends to like. Also the coffee they use in everything, the DCV Coffee, will be in my sample pack.

Pappy, do these have to steep?

julieah3

Jul 21, 2012
Oregon
I hate to say it but the most realistic coffee flavored ecig I've tasted was a disposable Blu but I wat some flavor to add to the many different 30ml bottles I have collected looking for something similar. Anybody know where I can find such a thing that is worthwhile?

I hope my coffee flavor taste search will help others looking for their perfect coffee flavor. Please keep in mind I'm new to vaping and my opinions don't come from an experienced vapor.

My initial impressions of e-liquid Coffee flavors are below. None of these have steeped but as they do, I'll update any tastes that change significantly. As the experienced vapors remind us, taste is quite subjective so of course, take my opinion as just that, one opinion. I hope I can help find that Java Jolt taste alike. The coffee flavor threads here have pointed me in the right direction and I appreciate the leads. If anyone wants to ask me a question or make suggestions about any of these e liquids, all comments welcome.

Listed in order of purchase, not preference:

~ Blu e-cig Java Jolt cartridges - this is the 1st coffee flavor I loved and has started my search for an e-liquid like it. Blu cartridges are too expensive for me.

~ BluMist Coffee & Cream - Very affordable, light flavor coffee & cream. Tastes a bit like Kahlua to me and is just slightly sweeter than I like. This juice is thin and I use it with some very thick juices and have like the mixes.

~ Johnson Creek Original Espresso - since they make Java Jolt I had high hopes. This juice tastes somewhat like Java Jolt just weaker. I'm hoping steeping will make it stronger but I do like it.

~ Backwoods Brew Espresso - Good taste. To me this one tastes more like tobacco than espresso

~ Copper Creek Coffee - Good strong coffee flavor without sweetness. This one seems to be close enough to what I'm looking for it may end up being my favorite depending on steeping.

~ Highbrow Vapor Espresso - good with a touch of sweetness So far the coffee flavor isn't as strong as I'd like. Seems like it has a nice cream flavor

~ Mountain Oaks, Dark Temptations Coffee & Cream - very good flavor. Nice coffee flavor with a hint of sweetness that I find tasty rather than too sweet. Depending on steeping, this one is getting close to Java Jolt to my palate.

~ Dark City Vapor Coffee Mix #1 - Very good coffee taste, as close as any to that dark rich coffee taste I'm looking for. Could be the one.

I've a few more coffee flavors on the way and if some standout as tasting like Java Jolt, I'll post them here. I hope my input might save folks money rather than costing money. Honestly, I could be happy with any of the above liquids and am having some luck mixing them to adjust flavor. I also ordered some straight Coffee flavoring to see what I can come up with.

I appreciate all the helpful folks here!

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx
I'll have to try the Creamy Joe, as that's the one that everyone tends to like. Also the coffee they use in everything, the DCV Coffee, will be in my sample pack.

Pappy, do these have to steep?

Not really. I recently ordered 2 30ml bottles (50/50 18mg) and I started on the first bottle 3 or 4 days after I got it (because I was finishing up the prior bottle). The 2nd bottle is still in my closet becaue I'm still working on the first bottle.

julieah3

Jul 21, 2012
Oregon
~ Johnson Creek Original Espresso - since they make Java Jolt I had high hopes. This juice tastes somewhat like Java Jolt just weaker. I'm hoping steeping will make it stronger but I do like it.

As I continue sampling coffee flavors I can't shake the feeling I need to correct myself because ...
The Johnson Creek Espresso is strong without cream taste or sweetness. In that way it's like Java Jolt but not nearly as tasty.
If you like your coffee flavor to be creamy or sweet, I'd avoid this one.

I apologize for my mistake and confusion. You guys make reviewing look easy but I think this noob jumped the gun.

1st Officer

ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2012
Central Virginia
Huge coffee vapor here. (I drink my real-life coffee with cream and sugar) Everyone's tastes are very subjective; what works for one person won't for another. We can only offer suggestions what works for us as individuals. Having said that, I've tried at least 10 coffee flavors. The following is what I use often throughout the week, if not daily, listed as favorites first:

Organic Velvet Milkshake(Virgin Vapors) "It's sweet, creamy and buttery with notes of caramel and rum all balanced out by a nice strong shot of Kona Espresso" is how creator Annette describes it, and its true. I could vape this all day. Very smooth, rich, mildly sweet, and complex. This is very subjective, but I liken this to a Starbuck's frappe. This is a very popular juice and probably her largest seller, which is saying something. A little on the expensive side, but it is so worth it. I will always have this in my collection and I can not recommend it enough.

Coffee (Copper Creek) A nice dark roast black coffee to my tastes. I mix about 10% mix of Sweet Cream e-liquid (MyFreedomSmokes).com to make it taste like my home-brewed coffee. Simply fantastic and can be vaped all day. This needs to steep for about a week after delivery for best results. I recommend this one if you are simply looking for a nice black coffee flavor.

Organic Flavored Kona Cream (Vaperite) This to me is very similar to Virgin Vapors' Kona Milkshakes, but with slightly different flavor hints in the background (maybe more mocha?). A strong pleasing aroma just from opening the bottle. Also needs to steep, but for a little more you can order this pre-steeped. A very high quality juice, although I personally favor the Virgin Vapor entry just a shade more. I'm finishing up a small trial-sized bottle of their Double Espresso - it is a authentic espresso flavor that hits hard like you'd expect espresso to be. Not an all day vape I wouldn't think, but I do like it alot and plan on ordering a larger bottle to add some variety to my coffee collection.

Amaretto Coffee w/Whipped Cream (Mrs.T's Bakery) This offers a nice change of pace for me. Nice coffee flavor with a hint of sweet amoretto liquier. Strong flavored yet smooth and balanced (I always order xtra flavor if offered). I like this after dinner or winding down watching TV before bed. Doesn't hurt to let this one steep, either. I got a trial size bottle of her Espresso on my last order but I haven't gotten around to trying it.

I plan on trying Mocha Java Drizzle (Vape Dudes) next due to a lot of positive reviews.

Just got the Virgin Vapors "Velvet Milkshake" and thanks to Baditude my search is over. I have been vaping this since the mail arrived yesterday and will be placing another order for two more bottles tonight. I need my coffee in the mornings but this has become my all day favorite. This is no doubt the best flavored juice I have tried to date, realizing taste is subjective it may not be for everone but everyone should at least try it, providing you are looking for a very nice smooth cup of I mean Vape of coffee...

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Just got the Virgin Vapors "Velvet Milkshake" and thanks to Baditude my search is over.

I'm pleased you tried it and love it as much as I do. It is a very special juice.

ESPRESSO UPDATE:

I've just finished two trial sizes of espresso from two different vendors.

Organic Double Espresso from Vaporite. Final thoughts are this is a strong authentic espresso flavor with great throat hit and vapor. At first it was just a little too much (it is double espresso!), but I found myself reaching for the CE2 it was in over and over. I categorize this juice as one of those flavors you need when you're a little bored with your current rotation and need a strong flavor to jolt you. This fits that category. Not an all day flavor, but a wake-me-up juice or evening nightcap juice. This flavor grew on me and I miss it since its gone and will be ordering a large bottle.

Espresso from Mrs.T's Bakery. Mrs.T sent me this sample along with my re-order for her Ameretto Coffee with Whipped Cream. I began using it after I finished the above Vaporite Espresso sample. This juice is just as good as the Vaporite espresso, not quite as strong in flavor or hit, but then it is just a single shot espresso. If I had not tried the two similar flavors back to back, I probably would not have been able to tell any difference between them. For what I plan to use it for, I'll be ordering more of the Vaporite juice as it was more memorable and made more of an impression. Both good juices tho.

julieah3

Jul 21, 2012
Oregon
Just got the Virgin Vapors "Velvet Milkshake" and thanks to Baditude my search is over

Thanks to both 1st Officer and Baditude I'm feeling confident about the "Velvet Milkshake" arriving any day now!

Also, Your Espresso Update is awesome. I think I know just what you mean with your cohesive descriptions and will need to order both. I'm going to leave the reviews up to the experts while I vape and learn for now. I will post my opinion of which coffee e-liquid is most like "Java Jolt".

This coffee flavor hunt has been fun and I have lots of nice coffee vapes. So far, coffee is among my favs and I hope I don't burn out on it any time soon.

Thank You all for the great suggestions! :vapor:

julieah3

Jul 21, 2012
Oregon
Just got the Virgin Vapors "Velvet Milkshake" and thanks to Baditude my search is over.

Another BIG Thanks to Baditude! Just received the Kona Velvet Milkshake and Love IT without steeping! I ordered several of the others you mentioned and so far they're great. You haven't steered me wrong yet and I so appreciate your reviews. Now my challenge is choosing a favorite so I'll probably end up with a top 5 list.

Happy Vaping :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread