Coffee Flavor, who makes the best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShelleyF

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2012
Tennessee
Another BIG Thanks to Baditude! Just received the Kona Velvet Milkshake and Love IT without steeping! I ordered several of the others you mentioned and so far they're great. You haven't steered me wrong yet and I so appreciate your reviews. Now my challenge is choosing a favorite so I'll probably end up with a top 5 list.

Happy Vaping :D

I read on their site it is already steeped for a minimum of 2 weeks before shipping. I am going to try it but a little concerned about the alcohol in it.

Wishdog

ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2012
Hazel Green
What do you think? Blue or white? (I already have a black BB and white Silver Bullet.)

View attachment 125595

I say white. I'm starting to collect accesories in white so I can mix and match. White seems much more space age to me. After I get sick of that, I'm gonna plan on going primitive with wood, jade-look, etc.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I read on their site it is already steeped for a minimum of 2 weeks before shipping. I am going to try it but a little concerned about the alcohol in it.
Annette just started steeping this juice, which indicates to me that she is now mixing this flavor in large batches instead of doing individual custom mixes per order. This wouldn't surprise me as this is likely her biggest seller. This flavor used to come delivered with a relatively strong alcohol smell (and possibly taste to some people) which turned a lot of first timers away from this juice initially. I know it did for me; I let it steep for a couple of weeks and it immediately became my all-time favorite juice. The steeping process had that great of an effect!

I haven't ordered a new batch since she began pre-steeping this juice. If you try it and it has an unpleasant smell or taste, let it stand overnight with the top off of the bottle to allow any alcohol to evaporate.

julieah3

Jul 21, 2012
Oregon

I didn't notice any alcohol smell or taste at all and I bought it last week. Other juices I've bought have noticeable alcohol smell and steeping helps with most of them so far. I'm fairly new to vaping so none of my e-liquids have steeped for very long.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I thought this was interesting. I havent tried it yet but I plan too. Also, can't remeber who posted the information below, I copid it from this forum and saved it to my notes.

I learned this from a friend: Fill 1/2 of a 30 ml bottle of ground coffee. I used Cuban coffee because it's really strong.. Then top it off with PG and microwave for 10 seconds. (no longer). The Pg will absorb the coffee. Then top off again with pg, then place bottle in a hot water bath for 20 minutes. Strain mixture with a coffee filter. I used a funnel, and cut the filter to fit.

I used 3% coffee, 1% Bavarian Cream and 1% Caramel and It was the best Coffee liquid I ever had. Here is her post... the caramel cappaccino from PA is $1.40.. you will NEVER have to buy another bottle! One site, they warn you that this flavor is very very strong and they mean it LOL.. I used just one tiny drop in a 7ml bottle.

I made this last nite and I think I'm in Love, LOL. Thanks Salemgold and Donnah ..
This is what I made
10 ml @ 12 mg nic 75/25 pg/vg. I then added 1 drop of caramel cappuccino from PA and 5

thanks for sharing the recipe, a bit hard to read, but I cut and pasted it to a notepad page, it mentions a flavor from "PA" what company is that? Im still new so the initials are not known to me. This sounds great and really do-able for me.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Coffee? Christy's Cappuccino from Alien Visions is off the hook! Not cheap but great.

Christy's Cappy is a no go for me.

Not rich enough for my tastes (I do not like mild coffee and prefer a dark roast) and it was not only weak but too sweet.

I ws just coming on to review it and did a search first to see if it was already mentioned.

When I drink coffee, I grind myself, and get my beans from a roaster I know in person. So I imagine I"lll be pretty picky about my coffee vape........

SeaBrz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2009
Florida
thanks for sharing the recipe, a bit hard to read, but I cut and pasted it to a notepad page, it mentions a flavor from "PA" what company is that? Im still new so the initials are not known to me. This sounds great and really do-able for me.

Hi anavidfan - it doesn't look like anyone answered your question so I'll go. PA (more commonly known as TPA) is The Perfumer's Apprentice. She started out in fragrances, but has done wonders with flavors now, too. Create your own perfume with The Perfumer's Apprentice

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I am ready to try the Vaporite's Organic Double Espresso but was wondering what mix of pg/vg did you guys get (Baditude)? Nicotine level? Thank you!

I got 18 mg nico strength and the 70/30 pg/vg mix. I use this in a carto tank, so I prefer not to use 100% vg if I get the choice as they can be too thick to wick in a carto. If you need all vg, you might ask for a thinner base mix in the comments during checkout. This juice recently has become my most reached for juice, although I generally use up to 4-5 flavors through out my day.

I just got a Provari and find I like it set for 4.5v on a 2.0 resistance single coil for best flavor.

Neya

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
MA
I roast and grind my own coffee most of the time.
Its a fun, and delicious hobby. I can make my beans however I feel that day. I also try to get beans from all over in different flavor profiles.
However, it will RUIN all coffee anything from everywhere... Except mochalattachills, which are always delicious.

In a pinch, the ONLY pre packaged coffee that I can drink (and competes with fresh roasted) is Cafe Bustello IMO
It works in an espresso maker or Moka pot. Espresso made properly in a stovetop moka pot can be almost as good as a several hundred dollar machine.

Christy's Cappy is a no go for me.

Not rich enough for my tastes (I do not like mild coffee and prefer a dark roast) and it was not only weak but too sweet.

I ws just coming on to review it and did a search first to see if it was already mentioned.

When I drink coffee, I grind myself, and get my beans from a roaster I know in person. So I imagine I"lll be pretty picky about my coffee vape........

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
nevermind of the kona velvet milkshake from virgin vapor. its like $33 shipped for a 30ml. pricey.... is it worth it??

I can't answer that for you. Taste is so, so subjective with e-juice flavors. It all depends upon what upper limit price you will pay for high quality juice.

For me personally, I make certain that I have some of this in my juice collection at all times. It was my first juice that I could call an unqualified favorite, all day vape. Over the last 3-4 months I've found several great juices that I use on a daily basis, or at least a few times a week, and therefore I don't go to the Kona Velvet Milkshake as much or as often as I once did, so I predict my bottle will last me a longer time between orders

If you keep up with these favorite juice threads, when coffee flavors are discussed, the Kona Velvet Milkshake invariably shows up as a favorite or one to be sure to try. Not everyone who tries it likes it, but many many people who have DO like it, and a lot. It's unfortunate Annette doesn't offer a trial size for this, but it's my guess that she doesn't need to because it is already so popular she can rely on her customers' word of mouth recommendations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread