Coffee Store Chain Does Not Want To Have E-Cig Store in Their Proximity

Status
Not open for further replies.
This entry was posted on 21st April 2016 by admin.

totally-wicked-store.jpg

Plans for new vape store thwarted by neighboring tenant, due to dislike of e-cigarettes.

TAMPA, Fl. Imagine the scenario, you’ve searched for weeks for the perfect location for your next store. You find a place that ticks all the boxes, high roadside visibility, amazing signage, great parking, busy intersection…tick, tick, tick and tick. Another bonus is that you will be co-tenant with a major coffee shop chain; after all, they’re always busy right?

Our customers will be able to grab a coffee to go with their vape, and maybe a few coffee customers will pop in and buy their juice from us, seems like there could be no objection to that..... Read More

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
This entry was posted on 21st April 2016 by admin.

totally-wicked-store.jpg

Plans for new vape store thwarted by neighboring tenant, due to dislike of e-cigarettes.

TAMPA, Fl. Imagine the scenario, you’ve searched for weeks for the perfect location for your next store. You find a place that ticks all the boxes, high roadside visibility, amazing signage, great parking, busy intersection…tick, tick, tick and tick. Another bonus is that you will be co-tenant with a major coffee shop chain; after all, they’re always busy right?

Our customers will be able to grab a coffee to go with their vape, and maybe a few coffee customers will pop in and buy their juice from us, seems like there could be no objection to that..... Read More

"bring up loopnet again, whats next?"

A bird in the hand and all that. (Money Talks)

cheers
I

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
I am not the least bit surprised and I am not sure why you are? @Professor Enic

I am sure you are aware, because you were in business a few years before this occurred, if the mighty coffee “bucks” you are referring to is Starbucks they were the very first (international) company to ban electronic cigarette use not only inside of their stores but also on their patios as well as storefronts and also within 25 feet of their stores where local law allow effective June 1 2013 at every Starbucks in the U.S. and Canada.

Starbucks to forbid smoking within 25 feet of its stores

Professor Enic

Moved On
ECF Veteran
  • Deleted by Professor Enic
  • Reason: posted in wrong place
I am not the least bit surprised and I am not sure why you are? @Professor Enic

I am sure you are aware, because you were in business a few years before this occurred, if the mighty coffee “bucks” you are referring to is Starbucks they were the very first (international) company to ban electronic cigarette use not only inside of their stores but also on their patios as well as storefronts and also within 25 feet of their stores where local law allow effective June 1 2013 at every Starbucks in the U.S. and Canada.

Starbucks to forbid smoking within 25 feet of its stores
Thanks for your comment. We weren't really surprised, however we were very disappointed, as proximity would not have been an issue in our case, and we believed this to be a perfect opportunity for both businesses to compliment each other.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Prof Enic,

Thanx to a cherished Porch member, Kenna, I was made aware of your dilemma.

Five year story short (hopefully)...

I'm one of the first 'open' vapers in Manatee County and have either recruited (v-verted) or helped/assisted more than 50 local folk with their vaping.

A few years ago, I visited the TW on US41 (14th St) once just to check it out. Being an early experimenter and long time DIYer, at that time I was not overly impressed with the products/prices (not a slam, just being honest). BUT nonetheless, I was impressed with the number of customers that visited while I was there. "Ah ha, there is a local source for those wanting to kick the 'bakky"!

So... if there is ANYTHING I can do locally, please let me know! I'll joyfully vape well within their 25' perimeter with a 7/11 or Circle K cup of caffeine or what ever. JLMK when and where!

BTW, I'm 69 years young and love a challenge and my vaping!

Oh, I remember when SB did their 'ban' back in the beginning. As a result I posted my graphic here on the ECF...

SBsm.jpg

Again, let me know if I can assist!

Prof Enic,

Thanx to a cherished Porch member, Kenna, I was made aware of your dilemma.

Five year story short (hopefully)...

I'm one of the first 'open' vapers in Manatee County and have either recruited (v-verted) or helped/assisted more than 50 local folk with their vaping.

A few years ago, I visited the TW on US41 (14th St) once just to check it out. Being an early experimenter and long time DIYer, at that time I was not overly impressed with the products/prices (not a slam, just being honest). BUT nonetheless, I was impressed with the number of customers that visited while I was there. "Ah ha, there is a local source for those wanting to kick the 'bakky"!

So... if there is ANYTHING I can do locally, please let me know! I'll joyfully vape well within their 25' perimeter with a 7/11 or Circle K cup of caffeine or what ever. JLMK when and where!

BTW, I'm 69 years young and love a challenge and my vaping!

Oh, I remember when SB did their 'ban' back in the beginning. As a result I posted my graphic here on the ECF...

SBsm.jpg

Again, let me know if I can assist!

We appreciate your offer to assist, as well as your honesty about your experience. We are merely trying to increase awareness in the community, as there unfortunately is still quite a bit of misinformation out there. Educating people about the clear contrasts between vaping and smoking, is probably the single most important thing that any of us can do.

We have also undergone quite a few changes since your last visit, so please try us again sometime and feel free to message me @Professor Enic with any feedback or suggestions you may have.

Reactions: Iffy

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
We appreciate your offer to assist, as well as your honesty about your experience. We are merely trying to increase awareness in the community, as there unfortunately is still quite a bit of misinformation out there. Educating people about the clear contrasts between vaping and smoking, is probably the single most important thing that any of us can do.

Preaching' to da 'choir' here re me and my zealous vaping advocacy...

We have also undergone quite a few changes since your last visit, so please try us again sometime and feel free to message me @Professor Enic with any feedback or suggestions you may have.

Again, to be totally honest, just let me know what I can do to assist in overcoming your SB issue. I do not want to be an azzhat and counter your efforts. BUT, I am retired and can assist in a visual/personal 'demonstration' and share my medical improvements due to vaping, if it would help your/our goals!

.....in' here on da ECF without a game plan is just wizzin' in da wind. Just what is your local strategy?

BTW, any feedback or suggestions I have or discover will be shared on da ECF; not via non-public conduits!

I do sincerely thank you for your response...
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
Preaching' to da 'choir' here re me and my zealous vaping advocacy...

Again, to be totally honest, just let me know what I can do to assist in overcoming your SB issue. I do not want to be an azzhat and counter your efforts. BUT, I am retired and can assist in a visual/personal 'demonstration' and share my medical improvements due to vaping, if it would help your/our goals!

.....in' here on da ECF without a game plan is just wizzin' in da wind. Just what is your local strategy?

BTW, any feedback or suggestions I have or discover will be shared on da ECF; not via non-public conduits!

I do sincerely thank you for your response...
thumbsup.gif

Thanks again for your support! Since we have already secured another location, we have chosen not to pursue this particular matter any further. That being said, I am sure there will be more battles, so stay tuned, and stay in touch! We are always looking for more good soldiers to keep fighting the good fight!

As you may or may not be aware, we have contributed much to vaping advocacy, both here and in the UK, and will continue to do so. We are extremely proud to have played a part in the vaping community's latest victory, on predicate date change. I have included a link to our blog entry for your reading enjoyment.
U.S. House Appropriations Committee Adopts Amendment to Move FDA Predicate Date for Vapor Products.

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
What conclusions can we draw about the brand's tactics after Starbucks announced the closure of the vast majority of its Australian outlets?

Now that the collective cheer of all coffee-loving Australians has died down, it's worth exploring just why Starbucks has failed to make an impression in the Australian marketplace.

Everyone has their own opinion, but from where I sit (on a needlessly funky chair inside an advertising agency) Starbucks was doomed from the start for two key reasons.

Firstly, they didn't seem to pay much attention to product optimisation. In short, they just took what worked in the US, and tried it here. Unfortunately for Starbucks, what worked in the US was bitter, weak coffee augmented by huge quantities of milk and sweet flavoured syrups. Not so much coffee, as hot coffee-based smoothies.

For the Australian consumer, raised on a diet of real espresso, this was always going to be a tough sell.

And

Unlike almost every other country in the developed world, Australia does not do Starbucks. The international coffee monolith launched its first Sydney cafe in 2000 before opening a further 84 outlets across Australia’s eastern coast. Just eight years later, it had stacked up $143 million in recorded losses and was forced to close 60 stores.

Ill quite happily go and chuck some clouds outside one of their stores here....if i can find one :)

Lol, i just looked up their store locator, and would you like to guess how many are in my entire state?

In a state a bit bigger than Texas

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread