coil building help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacob bonilla

Sep 4, 2015
I bought a rda and it is a 4 post 2 positive 2 negative. I am new so I'm going to want to use single coil builds but I am wondering is it possible to use a single coil build on a 4 post atty or will I need to use a dual coil build at the very least?

I was also wondering if I do use a single coil build would I have to screw down the posts or will do I unscrew them slightly or does it really not matter ( the 2 posts I am not using the coil on of course ).

I do see quite a few single coil builds on 3 posts but don't see any single on a 4 posts

anthonyjl

ECF Veteran
Nov 2, 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
I bought a rda and it is a 4 post 2 positive 2 negative. I am new so I'm going to want to use single coil builds but I am wondering is it possible to use a single coil build on a 4 post atty or will I need to use a dual coil build at the very least?

I was also wondering if I do use a single coil build would I have to screw down the posts or will do I unscrew them slightly or does it really not matter ( the 2 posts I am not using the coil on of course ).

I do see quite a few single coil builds on 3 posts but don't see any single on a 4 posts
You will be fine with a single. Keep all the posts screwed in tightly whether they are being used or not.

Reactions: jacob bonilla

jacob bonilla

Sep 4, 2015
You can certainly use a single coil but performance may be sub par depending on the ability to adjust/close the air holes. With a single coil you only want to draw air in on the side you put the coil.
the rda i bought has plus to close up the air holes on the bottom if i want so luckily i can close that one side. not sure if it closes all of the hole or just partial.

Reactions: AzPlumber
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread