coil diameter

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Texas
Larger diameters use fewer wraps for a given length of wire. Though the real answer is ohms law, how hot you want to vape, and whether you're after flavor or clouds. If you are making your own coils, you'll want this site Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

My preference is for flavor; I target .18 ohms on temperate controlled mod at 8-15w with coil diameter of 3.5mm. Using ni200, 28ga wire, 10-12 wraps yields ~.18 ohms, good clouds and very good flavor. In my experience, too much heat reduces flavor.

Reactions: Bantam59

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
I break it into this equation

Flavor Monster - Reduced chamber and deck, reduced air flow atty, higher resistance dual or triple coil (0.5 to 1.2ohm), 1.5mm to 2.5mm depending how the atty deck and chamber allows, the thinner wicking will keep up quite nicely with this build

Cloud Monster - Wide chamber and deck, high airflow atty, lower resistance dual or quad coil (between 0.25 and 0.5ohm), 2.5mm or larger diameter, this allows super fast wicking and flow, more juice atomized, enough airflow to keep everything cool as possible gives the best cloud performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread