Status
Not open for further replies.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
So did anyone else pick up a Coil Master 521 Tab on the preorder?

It's like a brick at about 85mm X 70mm X 50mm. It has features I would use, has others I wouldn't, but overall worth the price of admission for a new toy to play with. Final opinion after I've played with it more...

521tab.jpg

B2L

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
Looking forward to hearing your impressions after living with it for a bit. I'm happy with my USA ohm meter but I like the idea of being able to fire the atty on the Tab. I don't know that I would use any of the other features though.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
It looks like a cool toy; but I'll pass. I like my USA Ohm Meter too much. I really can't see any need to fire the atty before putting it on the mod. Because when I put it on the Reo, I'm going to fire it again anyway, to make sure it's making proper contact, before I wick it.

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
I did pre order it.. and thanks for making a thread on it so I can rant about it!

Had no idea I was ordering from china??? So I'll prob be lucky to see it before holloween!

Free shipping was first class.. had no idea it's first class international mail!

Would of never bothered and just waited for it to hit the vaping shops and most likely would of got it much faster.

Reactions: Debadoo

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I have bought very little gear made in China, mostly only when I first started vaping. My first four 510 mod's (3 mechs and a VV/VW) where Segelei's bought on preorders, and some of them came direct from China. They all shipped when they were suppose to so they all came when I was expecting them. There was nothing to rant about.

My 521 Tab order was placed 8/22 already knowing that as a preorder it would not ship until 8/28. I did get a confirmation of the order the same day, but I did not get a shipping confirmation. Even so the Tab was received 9/3 from Chenzhen, Guandong China. So there is nothing to rant about at all... everything was well within the time frame I was informed up front and it got here with fast actual travel time considering it came direct from China.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
There are already lots of review videos out... "The Limelight Crew" and the pit most of them fall into. Some reviews call the 521 Tab a $40 clone of a $220-$250 "glorified" ohm checker. So I assume the price alone got a lot of takers in line early. It's way more than a glorified ohm meter though with lots of pros and very few minor cons... if you want the extras it will do (way more than the 3D Fire from USA Meters for less than half the price). It is made in China vs the USA, but that is not necessarily a con in this case. My full take as news at 10 one of these days.

Here's maybe a better review Ed, with more specs, etc (albeit somewhat over zealous).

SteamStack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2014
Macomb, MI, USA
I have bought very little gear made in China, mostly only when I first started vaping. My first four 510 mod's (3 mechs and a VV/VW) where Segelei's bought on preorders, and some of them came direct from China. They all shipped when they were suppose to so they all came when I was expecting them. There was nothing to rant about.

My 521 Tab order was placed 8/22 already knowing that as a preorder it would not ship until 8/28. I did get a confirmation of the order the same day, but I did not get a shipping confirmation. Even so the Tab was received 9/3 from Chenzhen, Guandong China. So there is nothing to rant about at all... everything was well within the time frame I was informed up front and it got here with fast actual travel time considering it came direct from China.

You already got it? Wow. Must not of been first class mail. Didn't even notice shipping options.. from coilmaster correct?

Reactions: Debadoo

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
I've seen a few fellow reviewers to videos on them. It looks good, does plenty from voltage drop of a mod, pulsing coils and such. I just use a tenderfoot stand to build on. A nice circle of wood to work on haha.

The thing I hate about this is, the 521 looks exactly like the Burning Tab Master. Just different colors.

I'm surprised though, no one linked to Super_X's video yet

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
You already got it? Wow. Must not of been first class mail. Didn't even notice shipping options.. from coilmaster correct?

I have friends that live in Hong Kong, and mail from there is pretty fast. Anyway, it was advertised as 1-2 handling days, 7-10 travel days when shipped. And it was clear to me up front that it would come from CoilMasters "warehouse", aka China (confirmed when I paid for it to 明华 赖).

ed101z

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
East TN
I've seen a few fellow reviewers to videos on them. It looks good, does plenty from voltage drop of a mod, pulsing coils and such. I just use a tenderfoot stand to build on. A nice circle of wood to work on haha.

The thing I hate about this is, the 521 looks exactly like the Burning Tab Master. Just different colors.

I'm surprised though, no one linked to Super_X's video yet

I really didn't know about this wonderful little gadget. (If my daughter heard me say that, she'd say "Duh", so let's not let her know that I now know about it. LoL).

Russ's demonstration is really good. He shows the use of plugs in his video. Looked up the Burning Tab Master, and they do look very much alike. Couldn't believe the price though ($220). Had to double check it. One would definitely want to get the Coil Master version since it's about $40. Gonna have to get one of these little beauties.
Awww... Vaping to the People! Keeps getting better.
good2.gif

dbrandt01

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2014
Alabama
I really didn't know about this wonderful little gadget. (If my daughter heard me say that, she'd say "Duh", so let's not let her know that I now know about it. LoL).

Russ's demonstration is really good. He shows the use of plugs in his video. Looked up the Burning Tab Master, and they do look very much alike. Couldn't believe the price though ($220). Had to double check it. One would definitely want to get the Coil Master version since it's about $40. Gonna have to get one of these little beauties.
Awww... Vaping to the People! Keeps getting better.
good2.gif

I agree the price point of the Burning Tab Master is a bit steep. Maybe if the local shop got them in I would buy one just to mess around with it. I don't rebuild enough anymore to justify it at the moment. I'd never use the voltage drop on it for sure. Pulsing coils would be great, but I know I'd covered the lights on the Coil master version and I'd probably figure out a way to put some rubber on the bottom so it wouldn't slide around on the table.

The sad thing about the local shops, they care more about hype, for example the gang mod. Very stupid looking device and I'd never take it outside since it's basically a set of brass knuckles with a cheap chip in it haha.

73neb

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2014
N. California Bay Area
Preordered one on 8/25, no shipping notice as of yet, still waiting. I've heard a couple people that have one complain that the 510 threads are not very good and that coil master is sending out replacements without wanting the defective ones back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread