Coil ohms for Kangertech top tank mini?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
So I've been googling for like 4 days now, and haven't found an answer. (and I am very good at googling) lol.

So I have the Kanger Toptank Mini, with an eleaf istick 100w base.

I'm trying to find out the range I can build coils at. Min ohms and max ohms. I want decent flavor and clouds, but not to blind passing motorists as they drive by my apartment, from the glow off the coil. LOL

Any suggestions for a decent ohm range for this rig?

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
The somewhat restricted airflow in the toptank will restrict your builds and wattages used. .5 - 1.2 works for me.
I have one of the newer tanks. The airflow is a 1/2 inch slot, that works like a shutter.. so full open is a 1mm x 50mm slit. (aprox)
Photo of the spare I ordered to build on:
$5.86 Authentic KangerTech SUBTANK Mini Air Flow Control Valve Base - white at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping (literally taken right from the photo of the item)

No idea how to take the extra info from that link, sorry

Last edited:

Ablonz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2014
Frozen Tundra, WI Cheesehead
I would check that your wick is well saturated. I have mine locked at 40w and have gone to 100, no dry hits. 100 is to hot though.
Could be a couple things on my end. I use 30PG/70VG. Main use has only been in the winter. Plus I have not perfected the wicking part yet. Been too busy so mainly just used my Mutation X. One of these days I will perfect it.....when my kids give me a chance to work on it. ;) What ratio of juice do you run?

GBalkam

Apr 29, 2016
Could be a couple things on my end. I use 30PG/70VG. Main use has only been in the winter. Plus I have not perfected the wicking part yet. Been too busy so mainly just used my Mutation X. One of these days I will perfect it.....when my kids give me a chance to work on it. ;) What ratio of juice do you run?

I use 30/70 or 50/50, standard stock from the shop. At the recommendation of the clerk, who I consult before every purchase, I started using cotton bacon (more pure than Japanese cotton (it's medical grade)) and IMO MUCH easier to use. It is like bacon, in that it comes in layers (like bacon) and you pull off stips. If your wick is too tight, just pull off a couple strips and set them aside for another time. Roll in one direction in your palm, against your leg, so it takes a round shape, twist one end, feed through your coil *pulling gently from both ends to compress the cotton* at the desired stiffness *compression.. thicker for drips, a bit thinner for tanks* A wicking method I found and like is.. take the short end (at negative post) and fold over your mini screwdriver, paperclip, etc, then push UNDER the negative post wire and spread under the coil, then push it back out of the air channel from the front. On the 2nd, longer, negative post, put your screwdriver BEHIND the wick, fold it back, and push it down into the juice chamber from behind the wick, and push it back out of the air flow channel. Repeat both sides.. So basically.. clip the wick a little past the mod on both sides. On the coil side, fold the end under itself, under the coil, and push it back out of the air channel. On the free post side (negative side for opposing coil) fold cotton behind the wick and push down into the wick chamber. Both sides will resemble a bow-tie *with the coil as the middle knot* when finished.

Reactions: Ablonz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread