Coilart mage gta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sed8op8

ECF Veteran
Jan 6, 2016
Yup I cut the cotton flat with the wicking holes so looking at the tank from the side you cannot even really see the cotton. I also use 3 mm coils and despite the issue with air bubbles not being able to travel freely i do not get dry hits unless i chain vape at higher wattages. So to sum this up i do not dropy cotton into the tank at all. Using 70/30 vg/pg and lower helps with with wicking. Builds .3 and above will work better (its single coil so thats not really a problem) and dont chain vape unless the tank is wicking well. My .5 clapton build is humming along nicely at 30 watts no dry hits and no leaking

Whitechapel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
Willoughby Hills, OH
Mine is trashed. First the threads stripped on the plastic chuff. Then it would not stop flooding. I rewicked it SIX times in one sitting and it still flooded. I gave up and put it on the shelf. My best friend's chuff just went on him too, not flooding though. Really great flavor, probably the best I've ever had on a tank, but the build quality is garbage. I would avoid it. My go-to right now is the Serpent Mini 25mm.

Beeker25

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2016
Mike Vapes did a review where he complained about air bubbles but concluded that it was a non issue. For what's it worth as those guys can't be trusted IMO. Apparently the glass is way close to the chamber but he claims it still wicks if you ignore the air.

Whatever, I've binned my Mage RTAs as the construction quality wasn't too great IMO and the chuff cap is another cost cutting move that finally hit my last nerve. I don't like those trap binding posts as they are too bothersome to get a clean connection. Though I bet they are cheap to make! Kinda done with Coil Art.

But I hope you all get yours to work to your satisfaction. I'm starting to sound like an old complaining fart![emoji33]

Reactions: MMW

icharus29

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2015
Tampa, FL
I just started using one a few days ago and love it. My first build failed miserably. 3.5 ml of juice bled straight out of the air inlets. I was ready to pitch it. Watched a build vid on the tube and discovered my error. When wicking, rabbit ear the cotton through the chimney and screw it down. Cut the cotton even with or just above the chimney and then stuff it down into place. You should see a little cotton "bubble" protruding from the juice ports. If you can see an air gap in the ports, it may leak. Once I used this technique, it worked flawlessly. I haven't had any problems with mine as far as build quality goes. Give it another chance. It's a great little tank imo.

f1fanoly

Jan 18, 2014
Centralia
I put a fresh build in mine today and I really do like this tank. I have never had a problem wicking or with dry hits, just ignore the air bubble. Regardless of how big the air pocket gets, the wicks still come in contact with juice and will draw accordingly. It's really not much different than a RDTA in how it wicks.

JustWondering1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
I put a fresh build in mine today and I really do like this tank. I have never had a problem wicking or with dry hits, just ignore the air bubble. Regardless of how big the air pocket gets, the wicks still come in contact with juice and will draw accordingly. It's really not much different than a RDTA in how it wicks.

I am very glad to hear this. Thanks.

Reactions: 52anddone
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread