Not open for further replies.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Just picked mine up from Joanns. The smallest rod is .079, wonder how many wraps to make a 1.8 - 2.0 coils?

If you have a smart phone, there's an app I use called Vaper's Toolbox; it has built-in calculators for doing coil resistance calculations. Another option for your computer is here:

PV Web Apps

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
just an FYI;

for more coil diameter sizes, you could purchase music wire in different diameters and bend them like the rods that come with the gizmo.

or you can get a 2.0mm guide with the other kit this company offers and use it with the deluxe version flavored posted in the first post. here's a link to the product page on the manufacturers website... http://www.artisticwire.com/product-p/jteconwin.htm

cvedrick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
League City, Texas
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered supplier

cvedrick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2013
League City, Texas
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered supplier

1buda

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2014
Pittsburgh, PA
You figured out in Feb. that the link you gave in May is broken and doesn't work? You gotta time machine?? Can I borrow it??

I think you have me mistaken for someone else that posted a link, cause I never did. My post was 02-15-2014, 07:06 PM #23.
But if you do find a tome machine please let me know, I want one too...

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
I went there and looked and asked and they didn't have it. I'll look online. Thanks

My bad. It's hobbytown. I'm guessing anywhere that sells high end RC cars and planes would have it also.
I think they might call it piano wire. Ask them for metal rods. The hobbytown I went to had a good selection.

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Just twisted these up with the coil gizmo in about 5 minutes from set up to put away. 29 ga around a.055" rod :)

Y3m84ju.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread