RDA Coils touching wall of my RDA? AM I GONNA BLOW UP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As the title states, i heard you shouldn't let you coils touch any other part of the RBA besides positive and negative posts.

This new RBA i got has this design that no matter how small my coils are or how centered they are they always are nicking the side of the cover when i put it on. I've vaped it a couple times... but i don't wanna blow up. Is this okay? Is this a crap RBA? Seems pretty popular. I've twisted and stretched, even ran coils with lots of extra wire on the end for stretching, but no matter what... they touch the metal in some way, whether it be the well, or the cover.

vq9Df3xs.jpg
Everything's looking alright...

0fNffFas.jpg
Put the walls on, still looking like i have room.

GhXHwSVs.jpg
But i then theres the cover with these little hooks...

OnYwftPs.jpg
And thats when it touches...

Excuse me for the file size but stupid imgur only has large and small...

The issue im running into is the little nooks are to control the ventilation, really its an excellent idea. But no matter where i rearrange them... they always seem to at least nick the edge.

Its called the Mutation X RBA - By Indulgence
I got mine here: Mutation X RDA Rebuildable Atomizer by Indulgence

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
Fortunately, I only pancaked a coil doing this. It was a short and the coil pancaking was my only protection. If you cannot figure it out get another topper. I wish your pics were larger. Maybe the thing is asking for a vertical build. They are just as easy as any horizontol but a tad more finicky to wick....kind of.

Be Safe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread