Status
Not open for further replies.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
HI and welcome. I personally use stainless wire exclusively as I think it tastes better than Kanthal or NiCr. Therefore I also use twists in preference to Clapton wires. Stainless is pretty hard to clapton, and buying it premade is expensive. With twists you gain about 85ish percent of the surface area benefit of Claptons and they are much easier to do.

Good flavor can be made in about any atty, with about any wire (except Ni200), if you know how. Of far more importance-- MHO, of course-- than wire design is matching the heat flux to the juice you're using and the volume of the vape chamber in the topper. For volume, smaller is generally better. This also limits cloud somewhat as it's real easy to get spitback from a small atty with serious watts on it. Many of the small ones have a spitback screen. Some of them work sometimes. Adjusting air intake is also critical; it must be matched to the vapor stream coming off the coil and will change with applied watts.

You don't say what kind of flavors you like. If you like complex flavor profiles I suggest you keep the heat flux down below about 225mW/mm²; no more than 250 anyway. I have found you start to lose the more subtle highlight notes in complex juices if you get them too hot, and particularly so if the highlight is a volatile like cinnamon.

Reactions: Letitia
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread