Status
Not open for further replies.

GoBigGuy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2013
United States
Hi All,

I quit vaping about 2 years ago when my old job stopped allowing vaping at the office and I had one of my tanks leak all over the place. Since then I started smoking again and if my wife finds out she'll kill me so looking to get back to vaping.

I use to have a VAMO and a box mod which I loved but looking around today it looks like a lot has changed in the past couple of years.

Wanted to see what I should be looking at to get back into vaping?

My buddy at my new job has the Joyetech eVic VTC Mini but open for ideas.
Most likely will be ordering from fasttech again, have had good luck there.

Thanks!

Reactions: Jdurand

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
Brother, first welcome, second.....It's a strange new world right now. Things are changing and an understanding of what the new rules are is far away. I would look around the forum.

Are you willing to rebuild, like make your own coils?. How about making your own juice?

I can tell you what you might like, but need to know how far into vaping you're willing to get and soon.

Like I said, It's a strange new world and you are a shining example of exactly who the FDA is screwing over.

GoBigGuy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2013
United States
Thanks for the welcome

I use to make my own juice but never my own coils. Wanted to go to a simpler way of life and was planning on just buying my gear from fasttech and my juice from local shops.

My wife will kill me if she finds out I started smoking again but she will also kill me if I spend a crap load on e-cig stuff again since I sold all of my old stuff.

I'll most likely vape 0 nic in my juice, it's more of a physical habit.

Brother, first welcome, second.....It's a strange new world right now. Things are changing and an understanding of what the new rules are is far away. I would look around the forum.

Are you willing to rebuild, like make your own coils?. How about making your own juice?

I can tell you what you might like, but need to know how far into vaping you're willing to get and soon.

Like I said, It's a strange new world and you are a shining example of exactly who the FDA is screwing over.

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY
You might just want to go with the tried and true stuff then.

Maybe an Istick40 with temp control and maybe an aspire Atlantis V2 tank. Would give you pretty good vapor and flavor. You could stock up on coils to last you for awhile over the next year or two (hopefully). I think sticking with the gear made by the largest companies would be better in the long run, even if the poop hits the fan hard.

Zero nic to kick the smokes? Wow, good for you, no way could I have pulled that off! But I smoked 2.5 PAD for 30 years, so.

GoBigGuy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2013
United States
i quit with zero nic before so hoping to do the same again :)

Is this what you're thinking?
$38.24 Authentic Eleaf iStick Pico 75W TC VW APV Box Mod Kit - 2ml / 0.3ohm / 1-75W / 1*18650 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
and
$11.65 Atlantis V2 Styled Sub Ohm Tank Clearomizer - 3ml / 0.5ohm(20-30W) / stainless steel + glass at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

You might just want to go with the tried and true stuff then.

Maybe an Istick40 with temp control and maybe an aspire Atlantis V2 tank. Would give you pretty good vapor and flavor. You could stock up on coils to last you for awhile over the next year or two (hopefully). I think sticking with the gear made by the largest companies would be better in the long run, even if the poop hits the fan hard.

Zero nic to kick the smokes? Wow, good for you, no way could I have pulled that off! But I smoked 2.5 PAD for 30 years, so.

Jdurand

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Long Island, NY

That tank is a clone though, risky. May be good, but might not.

Making coils isn't that hard and in the long run is way, way, way cheaper. Coils will easily cost you two bucks each. I can have a fresh build any time for pennies, rewicking only, probably costs a fraction of a cent. I used to go through factory coils in 3 days. I did the math and after a small investment, vaping is virtually free for me.

GoBigGuy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2013
United States
I'll have to look into making coils once I'm back in the game

What are your thoughts on the MELO III Mini? See that the kit comes with it and from what I've read they don't leak

That tank is a clone though, risky. May be good, but might not.

Making coils isn't that hard and in the long run is way, way, way cheaper. Coils will easily cost you two bucks each. I can have a fresh build any time for pennies, rewicking only, probably costs a fraction of a cent. I used to go through factory coils in 3 days. I did the math and after a small investment, vaping is virtually free for me.

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
I'll have to look into making coils once I'm back in the game

What are your thoughts on the MELO III Mini? See that the kit comes with it and from what I've read they don't leak

It's not a bad kit. I do not think the coils in the kit can be used for TC. You'll need ni200,TI or SS coils to run the Pico in TC mode.
A Cubis tank or the Cleito tank would go nice with the Pico. Gotta have back-ups. Cheers and welcome back.

edit. The istick 40 would be fine with those tanks AND the battery is built in unlike the Pico.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread