Coming from a Protank 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

tripleh3lix

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
West Hills
Maybe an Aspire Nautalus? I find the Mini version to be a much better tank than the full size Nautalus.

I had nothing but problems with my full size (leaking, gurgling, dryhits, etc), but the mini is/was flawless!

Very nice.. My only concern is I change between juices a lot with the same coils, would I be able to get these flavors out like I can with the protank coils with a tissue easy?

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
Thats why you buy 2 or 3! I always kept 3 Protanks (when I used them) in my zip case at all times. Instead for swapping flavors, I just changed tanks!

But as a serious answer: I never had problems just rinsing out a coil and letting it air dry while I'm vaping on another. Soaking in vodka works also. Denture cleaner tabs works really well to get the crud out.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
I really enjoy it.. however looking for something slightly newer and nicer. I don't know how to rebuild or any of that fancy stuff, so something simple but nicer would be good.

Is there anything anyone can recommend? I am using an iTaste VV pen.

This depends if you are thinking about trying out sub ohm tanks and lung hitting, this opens up a whole bunch of options.. I'd have a good look around the forums first.

codger59

Nov 21, 2014
NC USA
If you're looking for simplicity and less cost, I recommend the Aspire K1 or the mini "ViviNova" - they use the newer BVC coils and I can attest they work beautifully and - so far - last longer than any BDC I've tried. Easy to fill/clean, and vape everything I've thrown at it without a hitch. The K1 has glass tank while the Vivi has plastic.

Chemtx

ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Weatherford, TX
I would definitely recommend the eleaf GS Air M or Ms. They are around $10.00 a tank with the M holding 4 ml and the Ms around 2.5 of juice. I find the coils surprising long lasting. I retired my Protank 2 and 3 after discovering these little gems. The are inexpensive enough you can stock up on a few and rotate your favorite juices.

Best price I've seen is at sweet-vapes. Check them out.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
I really enjoy it.. however looking for something slightly newer and nicer. I don't know how to rebuild or any of that fancy stuff, so something simple but nicer would be good.

Is there anything anyone can recommend? I am using an iTaste VV pen.

What is going to really hold you back is not building coils. It is really not as hard as many believes it to be.

A Kanger subtank nano will work on your Itaste pen and will give you a good idea of what subtank vaping can offer. It has replaceable OCC heads for it and I have rinsed them out between flavors before.

erikbal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
Olean, NY
What is going to really hold you back is not building coils. It is really not as hard as many believes it to be.

A Kanger subtank nano will work on your Itaste pen and will give you a good idea of what subtank vaping can offer. It has replaceable OCC heads for it and I have rinsed them out between flavors before.
Depending on which itaste he has it may max out at 11w which isn't much at all for a subtank.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
Depending on which itaste he has it may max out at 11w which isn't much at all for a subtank.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

I have vaped Kayfun lites on a spinner II before and it is vapable set at the max settings. Problem is tripleh3lix doesnt build coils and a kayfun lite cant be used until you build a coil so no point in recommending it. Yet a subtank nano has OCC replaceable heads and 11 watts will allow him to vape it. That way he can see how muted the flavor in the protank is compared to a subtank and decide if he wants to invest in something like an Evic VT or IPV4 or any of the mods that will deliver higher wattages and better tanks like the subtank mini or Atlantis or an Artic that has replaceable coils.
The main thing is for tripleh3lix to see what they been missing and how subtanks take vaping to a whole new level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread