Committed to quiting smoking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dawny

May 21, 2016
Hello everyone. I have finally made a serious decision to quit smoking. I have tried vaping off n on but was never really ready,and I always knew it. Well I am having more n more trouble breathing and I m tired of being a slave to cigarettes. I am greatful 4 this community and for being able to find an alternative to smoking.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
You've made a big step, congratulations! BUT, don't fight it! Smoke as you need to, keep in mind it doesn't matter how many you smoke, it matters how many you don't smoke! It will get easier every day, but don't beat yourself up if you slip! It's OK! You will have cravings and that's normal, but keep vaping!
What will happen is one day you will light up a cig and then grab your vape at the same time. Then it will click and you'll realize the vape tastes so much better, you don't need the cig anymore! Then it's happy time!
The worst thing you can do is force it, trust me, you will get your smell back, your taste back and it just will be nasty over time!
Good luck and let us know what we can do to help!

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
It's great to read you're really committed to getting rid of those cigs! As sawlight said, it's not always an easy transition (never mind always, but mostly) but hang in there and you'll find a method that works for you. I will tell you that for me, vaping has been more satisfying and pleasurable than those cigs ever were. But it took me a while to get there.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Best of luck, Dawny. I smoked cigarettes for thirty years, and absolutely HATED it for the last ten or so. I tried every method available to me from gum to Zyban, and was successful (finally) about 33 months ago when I started vaping.
I think it was a combination of having a decent setup, and finally being ready to quit smoking.
I wish you nothing but success at finally putting the cigarettes down!

Iron Molly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2010
State of Anxiety
I agree, don't be in a rush to stop cigarettes. It took me a few weeks of using both before I just didn't feel like buying another pack. Now it's been over five years! I was a pack and a half per day smoker for over 30 years, and never thought I would be able to quit. Give yourself whatever time you need to find the right vape for you. Any cigarette not smoked is a victory!

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
Hello everyone. I have finally made a serious decision to quit smoking. I have tried vaping off n on but was never really ready,and I always knew it. Well I am having more n more trouble breathing and I m tired of being a slave to cigarettes. I am greatful 4 this community and for being able to find an alternative to smoking.
I was a dual user for 6 weeks. My brother took 10 months. If you vape you'll smoke less. If you don't stop vaping eventually you will stop smoking.

Linda522

May 1, 2010
Michigan
I can identify! I've been a pack-a-day smoker for over 50 YEARS! Tried vaping 7 years ago, but eventually went back to the stinkies. I'm now at a point where they taste like CRAP and I can just see $6 per pack 'going up in smoke'

I just got a Joyetech eGo AOI and am very pleased with it! I was hoping to just stop cigs, but I believe I will need a few weeks to wean myself off of them. Smoking cigs is a complicated habit. It makes NO SENSE to smoke but we do it anyway. Well, now I'm ready and I WILL succeed this time, especially with this wonderful community of smokers, ex-smokers, vapers! I need the support and will be coming here every day to read, absorb and help others if I can.

This Joyetech eGo AOI is just SO COOL!!!

gingertalk196

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2014
New Jersey
Welcome to ECF. We've all been there and for many of us this has been the only method that worked. Some people stop smoking right away but for many of us, it takes weeks or months. Eventually the cigarettes taste horrible and you put them out after a few puffs. Like sawlight said it's the ones you don't smoke that count. Just stay with it and you'll do just fine. I found just reading the posts helped me keep my resolve. Good group of support people here with lots of knowledge about vaping; we've all been there. Wishing you all the luck.

Tommy-Chi

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
    Welcome to ECF!

My personal opinion is that if you have any issues with quitting, such as cigarette cravings, just increase your nicotine level for six months to the next higher nic level. Then drop it back down.

From what I've seen on ECF, some ppl walk away from cigarettes very easily, while others struggle. Be a little determined and it will go miles in your favor.

Dawny

May 21, 2016
    You've made a big step, congratulations! BUT, don't fight it! Smoke as you need to, keep in mind it doesn't matter how many you smoke, it matters how many you don't smoke! It will get easier every day, but don't beat yourself up if you slip! It's OK! You will have cravings and that's normal, but keep vaping!
    What will happen is one day you will light up a cig and then grab your vape at the same time. Then it will click and you'll realize the vape tastes so much better, you don't need the cig anymore! Then it's happy time!
    The worst thing you can do is force it, trust me, you will get your smell back, your taste back and it just will be nasty over time!
    Good luck and let us know what we can do to help!
    thank u soon much for ur support. wow it is nice 2 receive words of encouragement ty

Dawny

May 21, 2016
    I thank every single one of u for these words of encouragement n support. wow it is very wonderful n could not come at a btr time. ty u all

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2013
    Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
    Welcome to the forum Dawny. For me the thought of quitting always gave me anxiety and I would wind up back on the cigs. When it clicked in my mind that I wasn't quitting anything, just trying a new way to get what I needed, the anxiety went away and the vaping was all that I needed to get through the day. Good luck finding what works for you, and as said, never beat yourself up for any step back, just be positive about the steps forward that you take with each cig avoided :)

Reactions: Dawny

Dawny

May 21, 2016
    also question on how to change flavors kbox nano? I'm using a fruit flavors and I'm worried if I put a hazelnut flavor in there irs will ruin it n won't be able 2 go bck 2 the fruity flavor. it only came with 1 tank n it has replacement glass n I think the little silver things inside r atomizer. any suggestions? sorry just learning how to use a,tank

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread