Not open for further replies.

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
Paladinx: My question to you guys is this.. . How come the FDA hasn't already banned these devices? It is not in their best interest , so why haven't they? I would assume they have the power to ban them.

OK I think this thread has run its course, so I'm closing it. Specific questions on health can be started in a new thread.

Some points:

- The FDA tried to ban e-cigarettes but were defeated in a court action that took a long time and cost a lot of money.

- Nobody is saying vaping is absolutely safe, it can't be, it just needs to be safer than smoking.

- It is extremely unlikely that e-cigs can cause any kind of cancer, but lung issues are another matter - especially if people don't take care.

- PG is much of a muchness, there cannot be too much variation. VG is another matter, as there are many ways of making it. It is virtually certain that some types are being used in e-liquid that should not be inhaled. People need to take much more care over what they buy, if they are interested in choosing the safest options.

- vaping very large amounts of unknown materials is not a safe procedure. Doing that is not a sensible route to optimum safety.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread