compression rings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CenTexVpr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2013
Central Texas
I would buy several as well if they where to come available again. My original started slipping about 4? months ago. I have since that time dropped in to Super T to see if any had been put up on the sight for sale. Either they have not been able to produce more, or I have been missing them & they have been selling like hot cakes. In the meantime I was able to take a thin piece of copper wire (22 or 23 ga.?) & flatten it with a pair of smooth jawed pliers. I then shaped it to roughly the same diameter as the compression ring, leaving about the same size gap as the compression ring. I then slipped it between the beveled part of the compression ring & the inside wall of the knurled locking ring, with the gap in the flattened copper wire & the compression ring aligned to the same place. It has tightened up the compression ring & has allowed me to be able to continue using my ELA. The locking ring doesn't seat quite as low as with just the compression ring but at least I can use my ELA. Hope this helps any with compression ring problems. So I would definitely like to purchase some additional ELA V1 compression bands. Thank you David & Super T consumer peeps.

spek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Oregon
Having just bought an ELA the other day, I am a bit concerned that there are parts that wear out at all. I was under the impression that it would last a lifetime. I'm curious if issues, like a locking ring no longer locking, will still be covered under the lifetime warranty. Are there any other parts that will wear to the point of no longer working? Obviously the contacts might go after a while but they should last a very long time with regular cleaning.

Steam_Bern

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 25, 2013
In my own little world
Having just bought an ELA the other day, I am a bit concerned that there are parts that wear out at all. I was under the impression that it would last a lifetime. I'm curious if issues, like a locking ring no longer locking, will still be covered under the lifetime warranty. Are there any other parts that will wear to the point of no longer working? Obviously the contacts might go after a while but they should last a very long time with regular cleaning.

I've had my ELA V1 since May 2013 and have no problem with the compression band. I did replace the original aluminum band with a brass one when they were first offered (don't remember exactly when that was), but neither ring has any noticeable wear. Your contacts, if not abused, will last forever. The precious metal plating is very hard and will not corrode. Just make sure to only clean them with paper towels or q-tips and maybe some alcohol if they are gunked up bad.

I would also like to see some more compression bands offered. I have plenty for my V1, but I just ordered a V2 and even though the band it comes with might last forever, it might not. I don't like being without spares for any device I own; I want to be able to use my ELAs for as long as I'm on this planet.

CenTexVpr: I would contact Super T about your compression band as it very well may be covered by the warranty.

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran

The ELA you have is the V2, it's compression ring doesn't wear out like the V1. Those who have the V1 can run the V2 compression assembly on it. I have some spares i'll be putting up on the site (you can also use the compression assembly off your Workhorse Telescopic or ELA V2 on the ELA V1 as they are interchangeable).

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I put up 35 sets last week that have sold out already. Once the dust settles I may have some more, but the only way to get a set at the moment would be to get a whole unit, either the ELA V2 or a Workhorse telescopic, either of which compression assembly will fit the V1. Otherwise, at the price point of the V2, you might just want to upgrade to the V2 style.

vdefazzio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2013
Cooper City, Florida
I put up 35 sets last week that have sold out already. Once the dust settles I may have some more, but the only way to get a set at the moment would be to get a whole unit, either the ELA V2 or a Workhorse telescopic, either of which compression assembly will fit the V1. Otherwise, at the price point of the V2, you might just want to upgrade to the V2 style.

Hi David, maybe you can just give the specs for the pre machined compression band used for the ELA v1? I really would like to get some spares but love my v1 as is and didn't want ro put the offered v2 ring/band combo on mine. I could be very wrong but the compression bands seem to be off the shelf compression bands that you machined the gap into. Please David, you are not makeing or selling them anymore just tell us where to get the raw bands, please.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Hi David, maybe you can just give the specs for the pre machined compression band used for the ELA v1? I really would like to get some spares but love my v1 as is and didn't want ro put the offered v2 ring/band combo on mine. I could be very wrong but the compression bands seem to be off the shelf compression bands that you machined the gap into. Please David, you are not makeing or selling them anymore just tell us where to get the raw bands, please.

They are completely custom machined, nothing off the shelf unfortunately. I'll post up the specs though in case someone wants to have a machine shop do up some.

vdefazzio

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2013
Cooper City, Florida
They are completely custom machined, nothing off the shelf unfortunately. I'll post up the specs though in case someone wants to have a machine shop do up some.

I have a guy that's ready to machine up as many as I ask for.

Reactions: SteamStack

schatz

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2014
Tucson, Arizona , U.S,A
I have a guy that's ready to machine up as many as I ask for.

I ordered a couple clone ELAs from eciggity for 19.00 at the same time that I orderered from Super T. My order form Eciggity got here in 6 days my order from Super T took over amonth. Just wanted to see how they compared. Wow these clones are not bad, I think they are infinite clones. You can also swap parts, the compression ring swaps and the tube and some other parts swap too. The switch will not work on the oem ElA. Just an idea if youguys need parts. It dosent sound like the life time warranty is going to work anymore,just sayin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread