• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Concerns with vapetaly(dot)com anyone used?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craigo121

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2013
London, England
Hi

I recently purchased a tugboat v2 mod set clone from vapetaly.com ebay store as it was 35 quid with free coils, cotton and free 1st class delivery. Their website had the same 35 pound deal but you had to pay 5 pound delivery and no coils / cotton for free so it was a no brainer to go the ebay route.

I wanted to go for vapetaly as they had the updated version with the velocity style deck but on their ebay store it stated delivery would be the 12th of July but it says the seller is away till the 12th of July. Their website states order will be dispatched same day mon-fri if ordered before 2pm so thought I would shoot them an email just checking it would be dispatched today due to what the ebay store said.

Had an automatic reply saying the email could not be delivered email does not exist etc so looked further into it and appears they have fake numbers on the website and 1 0844 number that goes straight to music on hold which is suspicious so thought I would google the number. Came across another vape website called vapeshire.com same layout website design same contact details etc which was odd. Then came across more websites with the same layout selling different items. The address comes to a random village in leeds but the map on their website shows Sydney Australia!

Might be looking too much into this as im excited by the mod but just wondering if anyone else has had any experience with this company be it by their website or ebay store? any advise would be appreciated :)

Shirtbloke

ECF Veteran
Apr 26, 2014
UK
That's a weird one isn't it - the map of Australia being the weirdest. It's putting up a lot of red flags. Always worth doing a whois search if you're doubtful about a website,,,,,
http://whois.domaintools.com/vapetaly.com
That gives the person who registered the site as Clayton van Niekerk, who, when I did a Google search on the name is a web developer, so might just have been the person who built the site, rather than the site owner. He's got the email claytonvm@gmail.com so if all else fails it might be worth sending him an email.

Craigo121

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2013
London, England
Thanks mate I did check on spam advisor and saw that name looks like their website is a popular theme used by quite a few people so clearly it's just 1 guy doing the sales from his home and used that theme but didn't edit out some standard things like store open 24/7 etc lol was concerned as I couldn't find anything on the vape forums on it!

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread