Condensation in e cig

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonvape

May 27, 2015
Hi

I'm new to the e-cig scene, I recently got a blu pro kit and have noticed after a vape session a tiny amount of condensation accumulates in the gap between the battery section and tank section, where the battery makes contact with the tank part, I'm guessing this is kinda normal as air is drawn into the unit here and the unit gets warm and what not, just checking if this is defo ok?

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
It could be condensation or e juice leakage from the tank coil. You can just wipe it with some tissue. You'll want to keep an eye on it if it is e juice. Swipe it with a finger, taste it and you'll know. You won't want a leak when you have it in your pocket. Leakage can happen with any tank, even the high end ones.

Reactions: NancyR

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Condensation AND leakage is pretty common among virtually all vaping devices that contain liquid ejuice. The only thing between your juice and the outside world is a wick and it is designed to pass the liquid thru itself. Qtips and "vaper" towels are your friend. Leakage will be worsened by heat and altitude changes. Leave your tank in a hot car and it will likely puddle all over itself.

Reactions: Baditude

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Condensation AND leakage is pretty common among virtually all vaping devices that contain liquid ejuice.

True, I guess. The latest 510 tanks with airflow are virtually leak-free. The only leak onto a battery I've suffered since summer 2014 was an Innokin iClear 16 that I thought I'd try for fun (retro) on an iTasteVV.It leaked and killed the battery.
Blu 'pro' is (presumably) a Kanger evod style BCC (eGo thread). If a mini Nautilus decides to have a little leak, it won't be down the 510, which would save the battery.
Condensation in the drip tip is unavoidable as far as I can tell.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Some condensation is to be expected. Water vapor returns to a liquid state as it cools (ie dew on grass).

ANY device containing liquid has the potential to leak some liquid. Some tanks are better at containing the liquid than others, generally the higher end products. You usually get what you pay for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread