Confused about Batteries?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibndevilish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Torrington ,CT
I've been reading up on batteries but still am confused.
Can someone tell me which is a stronger better Battery between the following:

Ultrafire TR 18650 5300mAh 3.7v
MXJO IMR 18650 3000mAh 3.7v 35A
LGDBHG218650209G282A5

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk

The only thing I can say is stay away from anything that has fire in it. I have heard that the MXjo batts are over rated. From the three of them I would go with the LG ones

ibndevilish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2014
Torrington ,CT
Thanks. Another question is 3000mAh better or worse than 5400mAh?

Well the 5400 will last longer but like I said lot's of batteries are over rated on what they actually are. I would personally look into the LG or get some sony 4 or 5. They are great batteries. I use either Sony or LG. Look up a guy named Mooch on here, he is the battery expert. :)

Susan~S

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2014
Mpls/St.Paul, MN
Which mod are you looking to use the battery in?
Another question is 3000mAh better or worse than 5400mAh?
There is no battery over 3000 mAh that is safe to vape with.

The mAh stands for milli-Ampere-hours and indicates how much electric charge the battery can provide. The higher the mAh, the longer your battery will last before it needs charging.
I've been reading up on Batteries but still am confused
There are only a few battery manufacturers in the world who make their own "cells", including LG, Samsung, Sony, Panasonic & Sanyo.

All the other brands on the market buy the second and third tier cells from those manufacturers and re-wrap them under their own brand. These are "second and/or third tier cells" which did not meet the higher standards of the original manufacturer. In order to compete with the original manufacturers' batteries (first tier), these other companies feel obligated to publish specifications which are inflated to make them appear superior to those of the original manufacturer.

Do your research before you buy. Deciding what battery to buy depends upon the application that you will use them.

Last edited:

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas

DO NOT VAPE WITH THIS BATTERY!!!! IT IS DANGEROUS!

The Ultrafire TR is a flashlight battery. It cannot handle the amp load of vaping and should NEVER be used in any vaporizer.

This is a rewrapped battery. It's basically a battery that didn't meet the real manufacturer's quality standards and was sold at a discount to MXJO who put their own wrapper on it. If the top has 3 posts it is a rewrapped Samsung 30Q, if it has 4 posts it is a rewrapped LG HG2.

LGDBHG218650209G282A5

Without a doubt this is the battery I would recommend and is the battery I use in my own mod. A proper LG HG2 that meets all of LGs quality standards.

Etude Cheng

May 3, 2016
normally, the higher mAh, the longer ur battery will last. but on the other hand, u should take ur equipment into consideration and find the right one. or it would lead to damage.
find sth right is much more importent sometimes.
just focus on the quality and seek for guarantee.
recommend as below website.

EVVA TECH-High Quality Professional Battery Supplier
EVVA Technology Co., Limited

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
I've been reading up on Batteries but still am confused.

LGDBHG218650209G282A5

Thanks. Another question is 3000mAh better or worse than 5400mAh?

I'll way in by saying with vaping your will be looking for their continuous discharge rating before looking at their Mah rating, we generally suggest batteries in the 20 to 30CDR range, this puts you in the 1500 to 3000mah maximum range, batteries 3500mah and higher are generally only 5 to 10amps CDR range. You have to sacrifice mah (run time/energy density) for current (power capability), so that knocks the 5300mah Ultrafire off the list. Next we go with quality and assurance, that means authentic A Bin Grade batteries from authentic Manufacturers, here in the USA and most of the world that is only 4 manufacturers, Panasonic (Lower End)/Sanyo (Higher End)(Same Company), LG, Samsung, and Sony, other companies like MXJO, Efest, AWT, IMRen, Eizfan, and several others, including AW (Andrew Wong) buy their battery cells from these big 4 manufacturers, we call them re-wrap companies. Re-wrap companies buy some times authentic A Bins (AW IMR (generally Panasonic/Sanyo Cells), Sub-Ohm Cell (Generally LG H2/HE4's) are generally pretty much in this category, MXJO, IMRen, Efest and the others buy up the B and C bin discards pretty cheaply, remember these are cells that didn't pass muster to get an authentic manufacturer label and A Bin wrapper. These re-wrap companies then print on the labels the maximum pulse discharge rating (pulse could be 0.5seconds up to about 3 seconds then the battery shifts down gears to CDR (cruising gear)) which is generally about double what the true CDR of the battery is as the battery's CDR.

Examples you listed -
LGDBHG218650209G282A5

The MXJO 3000mah @ 35Amps (35 what? PDR or CDR?) (look at this next for a mind twister)
LG LGDBHG2 18650 True Specs (20amp CDR, 35amp PDR, 3000mah) <---Guess what is under the wrapper of that MXJO, a B Bin LG HG2 3000mah 20amp CDR battery that didn't pass muster for LG to put their own name onto the wrapper.

Ending sum of this equation through process of elimination
LG HG2 Chocolate Browns
Sorry for the long reply, but with battery safety I try one vaper to the next to get a vaper to think about their safety, and safety starts at the battery being the battery is the most volatile, buy authentics from the big 4 manufacturers, and buy them from authorized re-sellers/retailers, most re-wrap batteries are double the price of the authentic, so you can get 2 authentics for the price of a single re-wrap.

Authentic US retailers
RTDVapor.com
illumination Supply (illumn.com)
IMRBatteries.com
Liionwholesale.com
orbtronic.com

jacob bonilla

Sep 4, 2015
I am new as well to batteries but here is what I learned so far. 1. people say anything with "fire" in it's name is bad. I assume efests are also considered bad as that's the ones I've purchased. 2. mah = battery length meaning longer usage. so a 5300mah battery could be used longer then say a 3000mah battery. 3. amp is basically to me how high of a resistance/ wattage you can fire the batteries as. the batteries I bought were rated at 3000mah not sure how much amps I would assume 10amps which means they shouldn't really be fired at higher then 30watts

here is a video I found to be pretty helpful

you could also check out my last 2 threads I posted just a few minutes ago some very helpful links on batteries

the way I look at it is basically if you vape on a low wattage you would likely want a high mah battery 3000+ where as you subohm and vape at higher wattages you want a lower mah and higher amps. I have been looking at some youtube video about tests and what not and there seems to be like a small gap between the tests so I would take that into consideration. there was also another video I saw that had suggested battery brands the 2 I can think of on the top of my head that is leading is LGA and Sony if I am not mistaken there is a list/picture on my other thread someone linked you can check out as well.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
18650 Battery Ratings -- Picking a Safe Battery to Vape With | E-Cigarette Forum

image-jpeg.542520

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio

LGDBHG218650209G282A5
If those three batteries are the only ones you can choose from, definitely go with the LG.

As Completely Average said, the Ultrafire is the wrong chemistry battery (ICR) meant only for flashlights.

The MXJO is the right chemistry (IMR), but a rewrap. Meaning it is a lower quality "reject battery" made by one of the major battery manufacturers and has simply been "re-wrapped" with false advertised specifications by a second company.

Are You Using a Rewrap Battery?

LG is the right chemistry, and one of the top three brands on the market (LG, Samsung, Sony).

You've been given a lot of links to some good battery information here. Become a wiser consumer by leaning about battery chemistry and amp ratings.

Continuous vs Pulse Discharge Ratings

Last edited:

rice721

1.21 GigaWatts!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2016
Shanghai
basically, as of today you're not going to realistically get any 18650 battery with more than a continuous 30A or 3000mah.

So its up to you to decide which ones more important. How much Amperage your battery can handle (higher amperage = safer to fire at a higher wattage) or how much battery life you want (mah as mentioned).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread