Confused Old Lady - 50 Yrs Marlboro Reds - Grateful for Any Help, Advice, Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first time posting although I've been lurking a good bit.

:) Thanks for taking me back to the day. I'm 53 and I remember when a pack of cigarettes were 25 cents out of a vending machine. Mom and dad smoked a lot, and often us 3 kids were in the car, windows up, or in the house, windows down (20 degrees below zero windshield factor in ILL in Feb)... and of the 3 kids, 2 of us smoke. And of the 2 that smoke, we are still cancer free, at 50 yrs of age. Not saying smoking is healthy, just saying that there's a lot of propaganda out there now that stamp smoking as the kiss of death. It's also now become a moral issue... as if you are judged now as being slightly scum of the earth if you smoke. People love being judgmental.

I think all the focus is coming from an agenda that has nothing to do with concern for our health, I'm just not smart enough to figure out what it is. lol. Call me pessimistic.... but I really don't believe the decision makers operate from a stand point of altruism. (unless altruism has somehow become profitable? lol)

Anyway, when I get time I'm going to read through all the interesting responses to your post. I hadn't committed myself to quitting smoking for health but to save money. I tried e cigs (808 thread, smokeless image's batteries and cartomizers) and did pretty good for 3 months but had some frustration with filling carts all the time, charging batteries, cartos tasting funky after I just refilled them, etc. And finally, when an order didn't arrive for 2 weeks, I bought a pack of cigarettes with the motto "they light the first time every time, no fuss".

I was also having some random physical irritation. No rhyme or reason, but sometimes I'd take a hit, and my lungs would immediately rebel and kick the vapor out, and then they would burn like I'd ran a mile or something. Sometimes one juice would do it, and another time, that same juice would be fine, but a different juice wouldn't be. I had planned on investigating tanks, mods, etc so that I would have a longer lasting battery, and not have to deal with cartos and batting.

So it's been 6 months since I stipped ecigs but I still played with the idea of coming back, and I'd still check the forum for possible solutions.

WELLLLLL.... SMOKELESS IMAGE (and now I'm about to sound like a commercial) came out with their new X2 batteries and clearomizers. The biggest battery lasts about 13 hours of vaping. At a really great price. The reviews on the clearomizers were great. So! I just got them Fri, and BLAMMY! I'm so hooked again. Lovin it. They were there in my dreams and saw what I wanted.

Didn't mean to write a book. :) Thanks again for the great post and the flashbacks!

Bullette the Cowdog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2012
Treasure Coast, FL
OMG...
I only became an ECF member in March. I had not seen this thread until Sunday when it popped up because Classwife (I think it was Classwife) posted.
I started reading it Sunday morning & just now finished & it is Tuesday noon. I haven't done a thing but read this thread for 2 1/2 days!
I too fell in love with lolady & I hope she is well. Her spirit stays with us.
Now I will attempt to catch up on some of my own " behindedness" & when I am finished & I can stand it no more, I will begin reading her blogs.
Peace & Serenity
Bullette the Cowdog

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
qpqhb.png
Oh My - "LOLADY" is BACK . . . View attachment 164986

The feelings are entirely mutual . . . View attachment 164987

It has been such a long time, how wonderful to see you post again . . .
rOWzB.gif

As many are wondering - How are you ?
scratch-head02.gif

I truely hope well and that "We" will be seeing more of "You" . . . View attachment 164988

AND - Your posts/blogs again too . . . View attachment 164983

29ljmo5.gif

Last edited:
Dear LOL,

That was the most entertaining post ever!! It seems that your question is "Is there a right e-cigarette?", in addition to the health issues.

Let me say that I started with Halo 808 ("little") e-cigs. They were not "right for me, but they are right for many people. I needed something that has a longer lasting battery. So, which e-cig you use will depend on how you feel about:
1. an hour or two battery life vs. 4-6 hour life
2. hold a "big" e-cig vs. a little one

The refilling is about the same, except for the tank type, which are faster and last longer. Unfortunately, you may have to buy and try a couple of times, before you find which one makes you happy. There is no right one. There is only the right one for YOU.

I would not worry too much about the "solution of .7% potassium chloride, insert the 4th LED" ya da da ya da da. Few of us do. Try a couple until you find something you like, then vape it!

Karen N Daytona

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2012
Daytona Beach, Florida
Lolady,

You make me believe I can do this, I read your blogs, read 100 pages so far of this thread, I feel like old friends with all that have posted. I will keep trying no matter what. Using the same basic equipment as you. I too was a 2-3 pack a day Marlboro smoker. Looking for the right juice, I am now anywhere between 3 and 10 analogs a day. I have the same financial constraints as you do, makes it more difficult, and a diabetic as well. I am holding on, can't give up.
I wish you and the rest of the family a Happy New Year!
All the best to all of you!

Qew

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2012
Michigan
There must be a word that describes this thread in some language...

I believe the word is EPIC!

God Bless You lolady, and all your relations, online and in real life!

I came across this post a few days ago and finally read through it all. I love each and every one of you wonderful people for coming to the aid of lolady. (Sorry I missed out on so much, but will be watching from now on, 'tis amazing!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread