Confused.. which mod to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

moosepunk

Sep 22, 2009
Massachusetts
Sorry for long story but it may help... I have been vaping for maybe 8yrs, started with the 510 pen & dripping every 2 secs on attys, the only place for supplies were maybe 10 online stores! Now... I'm blown away, there is way too much to even take in! I used Provaris for years, 1st with the old punched cartos in a plastic tube & O rings then I finally graduated to an IClear 30s which I still love but can barely find coils for. Over the past year I lost both Provaris, I cried like a baby then bought an MVP 2.0, a few dinky little stick things that didn't last & just recently snagged a little Eleaf 20w which I like but realize the USB types won't last for forever. My juices are usually 0-12mg nic, I prefer juices that are flavorful but not too thick & preferably light because I hate gunking up my atty/clearos. I vape for throat hit & flavor. I don't like the huge cloud thing, it'd probably cause a problem with my family as I am also a chain vaper at home. I want a new solid device, preferably batt operated, did some research, thought about the Sigelei 100w with a Subtank mini. I read several posts & it seemed I could learn on my own time if I ever wanted to build my own coils and the device could provide the power should I ever want it but could use it on much lower power. Sooo... is this a correct assumption? Should I buy this device & tank for my needs or is there something that would be better suited for me? As of the moment I know very little about building coils, sub-ohms, etc
Thank you to anyone who takes the time to read this. I just need help & figure the background was pertinent.
Beth

Kent C

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2009
NW Ohio US
If you're looking for a replaceable battery mod and you're considering the Kanger Subtank, take a look at the Kanger Subox kit:

Kanger SUBOX Mini Black Starter kit – KangerTech

Re: the point David makes, this mod can go to the lower wattages if that's what you need - that's how I use it. The Subtank can take precoiled 'OCC' coils and it has an RBA for rebuilding if you decide to go that way. I've seen it for @$55 up to @$80+

vapeCrawler

Another choice for the box is one I have on order. The Heatvape Defender 50W:

Original Heatvape Defender 50W VV / VW Variable Wattage E - cig Box Mod with Digital Display OLED Screen - 510 Thread-46.00 and Free Shipping| GearBest.com

Fits the same parameters - replaceable batt, steps down (lower watts). I have the usb Defender and both of these replaceable batt mods are similar in size:

160307253.jpg

Subox in the middle and the usb Defender on the right. The reason I'm suggesting that, even though I don't have one yet, is that the Defenders I have, have had no issues at all - not true of some others in that small box category.

Another topper/tank to consider is the Eleaf Lemo or Lemo 2 for rebuilding or the Eleaf GS Air M for precoils/replaceable coil units. The GS Air M is on the Defender above. The Eleaf clearos are found at many places and the GS Air M is rather inexpensive.

Eleaf GS Air M

Search results for: ’lemo’

There are many other tanks but these are some I've had good experience with as far as no leaking, fairly easy to maintain, replace coils, etc. Kanger Aerotanks are also quite good.

Kanger Aerotank

Last edited:
Reactions: DavidOck

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Ohio
A good quality mod is the Yihi sx mini m class. 5-60W and with the newest firmware 75W. So it has the ability to run anything. You can use kanthal or temp control with nickel or titanium coils.

The Sigeleis are great for budget mods. I have 5 of them. Great build quality and durable finish. They only lack in the style department :)

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Sorry for long story but it may help... I have been vaping for maybe 8yrs, started with the 510 pen & dripping every 2 secs on attys, the only place for supplies were maybe 10 online stores! Now... I'm blown away, there is way too much to even take in! I used Provaris for years, 1st with the old punched cartos in a plastic tube & O rings then I finally graduated to an IClear 30s which I still love but can barely find coils for. Over the past year I lost both Provaris, I cried like a baby then bought an MVP 2.0, a few dinky little stick things that didn't last & just recently snagged a little Eleaf 20w which I like but realize the USB types won't last for forever. My juices are usually 0-12mg nic, I prefer juices that are flavorful but not too thick & preferably light because I hate gunking up my atty/clearos. I vape for throat hit & flavor. I don't like the huge cloud thing, it'd probably cause a problem with my family as I am also a chain vaper at home. I want a new solid device, preferably batt operated, did some research, thought about the Sigelei 100w with a Subtank mini. I read several posts & it seemed I could learn on my own time if I ever wanted to build my own coils and the device could provide the power should I ever want it but could use it on much lower power. Sooo... is this a correct assumption? Should I buy this device & tank for my needs or is there something that would be better suited for me? As of the moment I know very little about building coils, sub-ohms, etc
Thank you to anyone who takes the time to read this. I just need help & figure the background was pertinent.
Beth

I been vaping since 2013.
I'm settling on to astro telescopic mod with sigelei 15 watt kick modules on the power side;
I use 30mm veritas rda's and I've ordered a subtank plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread