Confusion about Aug 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokin95

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2013
USA
I have read a good bit about what's happening.

My understanding is, no new products will be introduced, no existing products can be changed. But existing products will still be produced and sold for the next 2 years?

As far as buying juice, replaceable protank coils, batteries. Will they still be available for purchase during the next 2 years? I'm in PA and mainly buy from mtbakervapor.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona

My understanding is, no new products will be introduced, no existing products can be changed. But existing products will still be produced and sold for the next 2 years?

As far as buying juice, replaceable protank coils, batteries. Will they still be available for purchase during the next 2 years? I'm in PA and mainly buy from mtbakervapor.
The short answer is yes they are supposed to be available for two years.

The real answer is we simply do not know.

Several States are enacting rules about buying tobacco products online. Age veeification, some States making moves to tax vaping into oblivion. Don't remember which is trying to enact a 40% tax. Others are wanting to tax 2mls tge same as a pack of cigarettes.

We have NO idea what 8/8/2016 the Vapacolypse will look like.

I say hope for best and prep for the worst.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
To the best of my understanding, existing eliquid and vape gear will still be available for sale.

However, I believe "sampling of flavors" at vape shops will be disallowed, and no "free samples" will be allowed by online vendors after August 2016..

Manufacturers and vendors will have two years (by August 2018) to submit applications for FDA approval for all e-liquids and products.

The individual states are also getting involved, and may have more stricter regulations. Check your individual state.

Last edited:

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
MBV has been preparing to stay in business as long as they can, hence their recent changes. Other vendors have been too, but some haven't, so not everything will be available for the next two years. Also, as was mentioned, states are on the attack as well. I'm not sure when it starts, but PA just passed a new tax on vape products so you're supposed to be submitting a payment of 40% of whatever you purchased out of state from vape vendors every month.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
Where did you see this on the MB Site?

via email...their news letter. Here is the relevant portion:

Starting August 4th, Mt Baker Vapor will no longer be carrying DIY supplies. This includes unflavored e liquid, straight flavoring, and our Build Your Own Juice option. Keep in mind that the switch to Blue Label bottles will also remove our 236mL (8oz) bottles as well. This is in preparation for the August 8th deeming FDA regulations and stringent rules that will be placed upon the vaping industry. We will continue to do everything in our power to fight these new laws for a better, smoke free future. But Mt Baker Vapor can't do it alone. So please, if these new changes upset you, reach-out to your local representative and voice your concern and don't forget to checkout the CASAA and Right 2 Be Smoke Free websites for more information on ways to help out.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there

Since you are in PA you have a big 40% tax to face on all your vape purchases, if the vendor does not pay the tax in PA you are required too. You are considered an importer in your state. I would stock now and learn DIY, be prepared for the worst case senario.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Since you are in PA you have a big 40% tax to face on all your vape purchases, if the vendor does not pay the tax in PA you are required too. You are considered an importer in your state. I would stock now and learn DIY, be prepared for the worst case senario.
That is the drum beat i have been pounding for the last almost 13 months.

For those wanting to prep lay in a few liters of 100 mg/ml nicotine wbile it can still be shipped. Who knows what tge USPS may decide it is unsafe to ship as that allegedly determined Lithium Ion batteries are unsafe and cannot be shipped to the US.

IF PREPPING IS IMPORTANT TO YOU PREP!

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
All I can say is that it should be interesting. And this is a huge election year; jus sayin;) Don't forget the outcome in your district when you Vote:w00t:
I hate to tell you the politicians are the most ignorant ANTZ in the USA ....imho.
I tried like mad in the last few years in the only US state I spend any time in. I wrote letters, signed petitions, submitted testimony, and to date, it ALL backfired. to date My local representative has continued on up the chain (now in DC) and consequently now on the Big tobacco lobby train. After 3 years of presenting CASAA facts, he still insists "the second hand smoke from you vapors is just to risky for public safety"...:-x

subwayaznm

A Geek with a Cool slice
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2016
USA
I hate to tell you the politicians are the most ignorant ANTZ in the USA ....imho.
I tried like mad in the last few years in the only US state I spend any time in. I wrote letters, signed petitions, submitted testimony, and to date, it ALL backfired. to date My local representative has continued on up the chain (now in DC) and consequently now on the Big tobacco lobby train. After 3 years of presenting CASAA facts, he still insists "the second hand smoke from you vapors is just to risky for public safety"...:-x
Well if his seat is up this fall or when it is. Do your part to assure that he doesn't get re elected. I hear you there for the majority a bunch of kids ... Lawyers.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Sorry to be the rant like others...but isnt it a wee bit late to be learning about all this?
sigh....better late than never though...
Never too late. Its not like we can drag every vaper in the USA and tell them what is happening. So we have to educate one at a time.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014

My main motive for stockpiling now is peace of mind. If I was starting from scratch with my present knowledge and vape a 10 year supply of everything specific to vaping I need costs about $500. I used to spend that to smoke for 2 months. So why mess around?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread