Confusion about Aug 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Electronics can fail and a mech is probably the failsafe way to ensure future vaping, but it's not for those who are new to vaping.

I still think that cooler heads will eventually prevail in this fiasco. Betting on the positives doesn't always work out, though. Having several of everything in the mod line is a good idea. Anyone who doesn't have RTA's or RDA's may lose out down the road if replacement get canned by the FDA.

Sure, atomizers are SS, but the threads wear out over time. Buy enough to last, along with spare decks and spare parts for the ones you like. As cheap as rebuild kits are, stock up on kits with screws, o-rings, and specialized parts like deck insulators and air tubes.

I wouldn't bet on factory made coils being available down the road. A 100' roll of Kanthal for $7 will last one person for years if you replace a coil a month in several rebuildable atomizers. A coil only takes 5 or 6 inches of wire to wind and still have legs long enough to wrap around the screws, so count on 200 coils from a 100' roll.

A $10 roll of Sally's cotton or cellucotton can last about the same. A 100 sheet pack of Koh Gen Do can make nearly 1000 wicks if you cut it right.

Nic is the key if you vape juice with nic. Synthetic nic may be the ticket for avoiding the tobacco product designation. Some say we have been vaping synthetic nic in our store bought juice for a while, now.

Batteries and chargers won't be affected. There are too many other devices that use 18650 batteries like flashlights, model planes, model boats, and power tools.

Last edited:

Breezy Dawn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2015
Virginia
This is one case where to good to be true is actually a very good deal. I have been using these for the past couple of years. Sure makes rebuilding my protank coils a breeze.

I get these though $2.83 Pre-Coiled Welded Wires w/ Wicks - NR-R-NR (50-Pack) 50-pack - 33 AWG / 1.8ohm / 4-wick at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
WHY have i never thought of these? Lol. I been to nervous to build coils,but this makes it look easy. Will these also work in the nautilus coils if i wanted to rebuild those?

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
WHY have i never thought of these? Lol. I been to nervous to build coils,but this makes it look easy. Will these also work in the nautilus coils if i wanted to rebuild those?
I can't see any reason for them not to work for your nautilus. The first time I bought them I got both the 1 wick and the 4 wick to see which one worked best for me. Fortunately I just bought 1 package of the 1 wick. Right now I have at least 400 of the 4 wick in my rebuild box :D

smokin95

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2013
USA
Another off topic question, does anyone have any experience ordering from provape?

I need to receive the items by end of next week and they seem to have a bunch of warnings on their checkout page saying billing addr must match shipping. This concerns me as I was going to use a visa gift card I had laying around.

Do they usually ship promptly?

Reactions: bnrkwest

house mouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
BFE
Another off topic question, does anyone have any experience ordering from provape?

I need to receive the items by end of next week and they seem to have a bunch of warnings on their checkout page saying billing addr must match shipping. This concerns me as I was going to use a visa gift card I had laying around.

Do they usually ship promptly?

They ship very fast. Orders for me take around 3 days and I'm in the southeast.

smokin95

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2013
USA
Well got some orders placed today from a few different vendors. I'm going out of town on the 6th so I'm hoping none taking longer than normal or I'm screwed. Ive got a neighbor who can hold a package for me but I believe provape said signature required which is scary.

Nic, DIY tools from myfreedomsmokes;
Flavoring, a few tanks from MBV;
And a provari from provape.

So now my anxiety shifts from confusion about dates to relying on my inherently unreliable post office

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Remember the Millennium scare years ago that turned out to be nothing at all
Just as a side note, the Millennium scare was anything BUT just a scare.
I say this as a programmer who worked for MONTHS to make sure we were ready.

In fact, every software maker and user had to make sure they were ready.
And if that didn't happen, it would have been the disaster you were warned about.

And even after doing all that we still had some significant issues where I work.
It was not at all fun cleaning those up.

Princessdee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2009
PA, USA
:offtopic:

And if that didn't happen, it would have been the disaster you were warned about.

And even after doing all that we still had some significant issues where I work.
Hubby's a programmer. I can testify. :offtopic:
Back to your regularly scheduled thread :D

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
:offtopic:
Hubby's a programmer. I can testify. :offtopic:
Back to your regularly scheduled thread :D
My fiance (now wife) bought me this for Christmas that year...
I did not find it all that amusing at the time.
:laugh:

But it's still sitting on the shelf above my computer.

y2k-bug2.jpg

subwayaznm

A Geek with a Cool slice
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2016
USA

Oh no doubt, and once again nice job and doing just that; with that said this will be the same way IMHO. Change but not as bad as anticipated, because the details will be worked out and things will change but still be available for us. That was my point. Yes it will take work and some effort on someones part I'm sure.

cats5365

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
United States
Weird, my provape order shipped within an hour. But the shipping email says USPS priority envelope. I ordered a provari though. Anyone with similar experience?
I've received most of my PV orders with a box INSIDE a legal size priority envelope. It looks weird, but seems to work for them.

r055co

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Seattle

Yep, we worked our butts off to insure all didn't go to hell. Then hearing it was all hype, yeah it irritates me a bit.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA

Those coils are nice and I know people who use them. They have shorter legs than I like, but it's not impossible to mount them and wrap around the screws. They look like they are designed for the side mount holes where the screws tighten down on top of the wire. That's the way my Chinese mods have been coiled from the factory.

Reactions: Breezy Dawn

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Weird, my provape order shipped within an hour. But the shipping email says USPS priority envelope. I ordered a provari though. Anyone with similar experience?
    No worries, they ship safely. Mine always come in a priority box and it does require a signature so you might want to plan for that.

Reactions: smokin95

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member

ProVape very cleverly designed their box to fit various flat-rate priority mail shipping containers. One ProVari ships in that priority envelope. Two fit in the smallest flat-rate box. And so on.

Smart, these people. Very smart!

smokin95

ECF Veteran
    Jul 29, 2013
    USA
    No worries, they ship safely. Mine always come in a priority box and it does require a signature so you might want to plan for that.
    OK great, I just wanted to make sure it was in fact the vape in the envelope, not some letter saying woops out of stock maybe next week when I'll be gone lol

Reactions: bnrkwest
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread