• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Congratulate Me!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
My anniversary passed without me mentioning it!!! I have not smoked a cigarette in 5 years!! Woooo Hoooo! Sometimes they look really tempting on TV, but I refuse to put that smoke in my lungs again. All Glory and Honor are the Lord's, bless His holy Name. I really didn't mean to quit completely, but I did. I had prayed to Almighty God, Bless His Holy Name, for help. I was out of control. AND, He did! I just figured an e-cig would help me cut back, but I quit! I was blown away!! I was a walking miracle. I just knew that I was going to die like my mom did.....from lung cancer. God heard my prayer and answered it. I was so grateful.....still am! I'd always said that if I only smoked 2 cigarettes in a day, I could quit.....so I did! My whole family was soooooo shocked! I did gain 25 lbs. though. So figure 3 days after my join date is when I put them down. So, if I could do it, anyone can. Amazing, isn't it?:w00t:

How about everyone else?:thumb:

Reactions: mightymen

Saintscruiser

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Mississippi
I just figured out approximately how many cigarettes I haven't smoked......drum roll please......81,900! That is a conservative number, and also a number that would have given me lung cancer alone......then add the 42 years I smoked before that! Just how dumb is that??????

I remember when I told my mom. She had gone through a speech stating how we could tell her anything, which was not like her relationship with her mom. I burst into tears telling her I needed to confess something to her. I finally got it out of my mouth. She said she wanted to see me smoke one. That cigarette must have been 10 feet long. She wanted to see if I was really smoking or playing around with it. Both of my parents smoked.

Then my daddy came home from playing bridge (he was a life master and loved the game). Mom said to him, "Jack, tonight was confession night." He froze and said, "Whose confession?" (I was a big daddy's girl.) Mom answered with my name. He braced himself and said, "What is it?" Mom said, "She is smoking!" He said, "Patooey, patooey, patooey! Don't scare me like that!" He thought she was going to say I was pregnant. He didn't like it, but it could have been worse.....a lot worse!
I really miss my daddy. He's been gone 8 years.

My sister had chronic colic for 8 months. Then she rebelled against everything. It would take 4 people to put her jamies on. So when my mom wanted another baby, my daddy said NO! She finally talked him into it, but he told her all the work would be on her. He couldn't handle another rebellious child. One was enough! So, when I was born, he was true to his word.....until I was 6 months old and I looked up at him and said, "Da--ddy." That was all she wrote. We were always together. It's a bond that is still just as strong now as it was then. :wub:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread