Connector pins and changing atties

Status
Not open for further replies.

alfardan

Apr 13, 2016
Bahrain
My brother is trying to switch to vaping but he hates box mods, so he picked up an e-pipe a few weeks ago. This 'PIPE 618'
1322200-10.jpg

He has not been happy with it, when I tried it, it didn't have any flavor and barley any vapor. I thought I'd switch the carto and give him my old herakles tank (I know too airy to use) or kayfun, was gonna screw on the kayfun v3 mini to it when I noticed kinda strange looking connectors on the pipe and carto that comers with it.

3.jpg
Left to right pipe, Carto and kayfun connectors.

From what little notes came with the pipe and some research, it is my understanding that this device doesn't have any kind of protections. And because I'm not familiar with these connectors with holes in the middle I thought it might not be prudent to use any other atty on the pipe and thought I'd better I ask someone more experienced, better than to short or vent the device and batts. Is anyone able to help? any info will be appreciated.

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Looking at that battery it's probably best you can't screw any of the other atties on it! That battery will have a very low drain rate and I'd imagine the resistance in the atomizer is rather high, to match up with the battery, and that's why you are getting such low vapor production and little throat hit from it.
Get the numbers off the battery and I'll do a little digging to see what it's capabilities are.
If he's insistent on using something like that he's going to have to spend some money to get a good one. There are several manufactures of them, that are great units, but they aren't cheap!

alfardan

Apr 13, 2016
Bahrain
Thanks for your response. So the battery is the main concern the connectors and such are all compatible with a 510 atty?

The batt is 4.5 Amp con and the carto that comes with it is 2.5 ohms.

He's not going for ultra sub-ohm or anything just a range around 1.0-1.2 ohm +/-

How about if we buy a new batt? From a quick search there seems to be a good efest bat discussed here

He is considering buying one of the higher end pipes but that will be later on after saving a bit.

Edit: I'm unable to post links but I found a thread on here that discusses Efest IMR18350 700mAh (Purple) 2014

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Yes, I'd probably go with the Eftest battery and try to buy or build something in the 1-1.2 ohm range as you are thinking, I think that will make a huge difference! At full charge, without figuring in any sag, that's putting out a whopping 7 watts as it's set up. That's mighty cold, even by "old school" standards! Just changing to a 1.2 ohm coil you are up to 14 watts, that's a considerable difference and still only 3.5 amps on the battery, plenty safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread