Cons of vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
sorry I don't mean to go off subject but I like your avatar, it looks like you told that dog a really funny joke & he's laughing his ... off lol!!

I like the whole picture better. His slightly older sister looks like she's extremely disgusted having to pose next to such a dork. :) sitting 2 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
But it doesn't work good sized for an avatar.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
you can get a solar power mp3 charger with a usb port on amazon that will work fine

I was looking at stuff like that. Seems they all rely on batteries to do the charging and the solar charges the batteries.
The hope would be it would never need to be used (it really sucks going a week without power in tornado season or winter ice storms). I'm thinking a car lighter converter would be the best bet and a lot cheaper.
I'd hate to need it and find the battery dead from age or lack of use.

rsnow33

Apr 11, 2012
indiana
I just started vaping about a month ago. I have spent about 400 on it all ready. I started out with green smoke, then joyetech 510, and i just ordered a kgo kit. So far its cost a lot more than ryo at 2.5 packs a day.
Still trying different flavors. Tried about 5 so far, with another 10 on the way. Just haven't found what I'm looking for. I'm starting to lean more towards non tobacco flavors.
I feel a lot better. Quit the analogs at the last hospital visit. Gonna stick with it!

jun0felix

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
Switzerland
I read a lot about nicotine after seeing the commercial about cigarettes causing loss of limbs.

i truly believe, loss of limbs due to smoking is not caused by nicotine. it's caused by the tar, like other smoking diseases. nicotine is one of the "harmless" ingredients in cigs, concerning your health. but it's a strong drug of course and a poison too, when swallowed!

remember the word about smoking: it's the nicotine, you are addicted to - it's the tar, you die from.

clouds on your body

jun0felix

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
Switzerland
i feel a bit guilty for hijacking this thread several times before, therefore i resume some points made out in this thread, because i tink it's still an important issue:

Cons of vaping so fare:

- I tend to Vape more than I smoked.

- It becomes more of a hobby than a habit.

- I prefer to " try " before I buy. In the vaping world that most of the time is not possible.

- Constant questions from people.

- Dehydration (and subsequent dry mouth) and the need to relearn a method of "smoking."

- It can quickly overwhelm you.

- We really don't know if inhaling some of these butter and cream flavors will prove harmful in the future. Google "popcorn lung".

-Biggest con I can think of is the lack of reliability in the vaping experience. It's just not as reliable as cigarettes were. Every pack of cigarettes gives you the same exact experience, but I can have radically different quality of vapes in any given day using identical hardware and juice.

- The only con I have found is vaping outside when it is very windy. It just was not fulfilling.

- So far, the most noticeable con is having to plan ahead. Know where you're going to be and for how long so you know you have enough battery life and carts with you.

- Spending lots of time on this forum sharing/learning from our collective experiences, as if it were a bad thing...

- Ecigs is probably the most addicting hobby I have ever had.

- The long term effects of vaping. Please remember that WE are the test group.

excuse me, if i overlooked something....

stay smoke free...

DedTV

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2012
Arkansas
Like others have said, dehydration and PG sensitivity/allergies are the major known downsides.

Keeping bottles of flavored poison around could be a huge downside to anyone who has kids or pets and isn't dilligent in making sure they're stored safely.

The biggest downside to vaping though is that there could be unknown downsides
There's a not a lot of research available as to the long term effects of vaping. We know PG and VG are probably safe if they're not contaminated as they've been used as inhalant carriers in medicine for a long time. But we have very little idea about the effects of vaping the ingredients found in the flavorings used in juices nor are there any manufacturing standards or regulations in place for juices (or hardware for that matter) so you can't be absolutely sure a vendor isn't using contaminated or unsafe to vape ingredients/components, especially since we don't know everything that is or isn't safe to vape. But we do know smoking isn't safe. Something that might not be safe is an acceptable risk to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread